HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Crag & Route Beta

Crag & Route Beta

Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
VIC Northwest Mt Beckworth The Main Group (General) [ Mt Beckworth Guide | Images ] 

Author
new boulder found?

popeye
1-May-2012
4:16:13 PM
me and dad were at main group and we went exploring on the hill to the west of the main group. i found a large boulder in the middle of a field about 6 or 7 meters high. on the west face it has an obvious line, a crack, an unclimbable north face and 3 lines on the south face. on the southeast corner of the boulder it has an overhanging line that would be the most challanging route on the boulder. i was wondering if anyone had ever climbed it before?
dalai
1-May-2012
4:30:47 PM
Congratulations - exploring and finding something worthwhile is always exciting!

Were there any signs such as carrot bolts or scars where flakes may have pulled away? The WVCC guys were particularly active developing Mt Beckworth and placed bolts and recorded climbs shorter than what you describe, so I'd be very surprised if it is a virgin stone...

Have you checked the guidebook?

Did you take any photos? Although I haven't been out to Mt Beckworth for probably at least 15 years, there may be others here who have been out there more times than me and more recently who could probably tell you if they saw photos?

JimmyS
1-May-2012
4:42:05 PM
Is it any of these?

Beckworth Boulder Guide:
http://www.vicclimb.org.au/includes/file.php?id=330

popeye
1-May-2012
5:48:56 PM
jimmyS, nah mate none of them. it jumped a fence with dad so its probably private property. its in a treeless field

popeye
1-May-2012
5:52:29 PM
if you want i can email the photos and there are no bolts at all or any sign of previous bolts

wallwombat
1-May-2012
10:12:51 PM
I climbed the north face of that boulder back in 96, a few weeks after I got back from K2.

It was a piece of piss.

Doing it, without oxygen, would be a totally different story.

There are 6 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints