Page 2 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 37
Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
VIC Buffalo (General) (General) (General) [ Mt Buffalo Guide | Images ] 

Author
First timer at Mt Buffalo

Super Saiyan
25-Aug-2005
12:30:24 AM
i still thinks that counts as shortest trip report ever!

DaCrux
25-Aug-2005
12:39:56 AM
hmmm..... dognuts.... yumm ;)

shiltz
30-Jan-2012
11:43:14 AM
Not a first timer at Buffalo, but I did some of these routes for the first time on Saturday.

Edge of Pleasure is amazing, as you pull onto the arete on that second pitch then look up it is just so beautiful. The first pitch isn't so bad either, there was a modest runout as the cracks on the arete started to flare before stepping right to the bolted slab. Highly recommend this route to anyone.

Coming up for Air was brilliant. The name says it all - you dive down the rope for instant exposure, glide across the slab holding your breath, then shoot back to the surface via the arete.
Fish Boy
31-Jan-2012
6:34:03 PM
Nice bump
gfdonc
31-Jan-2012
9:41:29 PM
Yeah nice bump.
I took a relative newbie to Buffalo for the first time after Christmas, in 4 days we did:
Initiation
Spank the Cat
Ariel
Daughter of Ariel
Pintle LHV
Peroxide Blonde
Big Fun
Pintle last pitch
Beware the Strathbogie
Eat Your Vegies
This is Not Our Land
Bloodnok
Maharajah
The Count of Mounting Crystals (incl first 6 pitches of Good Luck and Good Management)
Where Angels Fear to Tread
.. and had enough spare time to have a whisky with M9.

34 pitches. After that we were ready for a rest day.
Initiation is tops.

shortman
31-Jan-2012
10:05:00 PM
On 31/01/2012 gfdonc wrote:
>Yeah nice bump.
>I took a relative newbie to Buffalo for the first time after Christmas,
>in 4 days we did:
>Initiation
>Spank the Cat
>Ariel
>Daughter of Ariel
>Pintle LHV
>Peroxide Blonde
>Big Fun
>Pintle last pitch
>Beware the Strathbogie
>Eat Your Vegies
>This is Not Our Land
>Bloodnok
>Maharajah
>The Count of Mounting Crystals (incl first 6 pitches of Good Luck and
>Good Management)
>Where Angels Fear to Tread
>.. and had enough spare time to have a whisky with M9.
>
>34 pitches. After that we were ready for a rest day.
>Initiation is tops.
>

Struth!

I went up Pintle LHV and Maharajah in a weekend the first time I went multi pitchin.

And I thought I had a good first time out!

IdratherbeclimbingM9
31-Jan-2012
10:11:25 PM
>.. and had enough spare time to have a whisky with M9.

That Laphroaig must have been a tough crux, because I overheard someone saying something about not being able to tie their shoelaces the following morning!
;-)

Post edit;
Hey gfdonc, I reckon that you ought to submit a couple of your excellent photos from that trip to 'Chocky pic of the week'...

Miguel75
31-Jan-2012
10:21:48 PM
>...34 pitches. After that we were ready for a rest day.

Bloody hell, I'd be wrecked doing 34 pitches in a month let alone 4 days. I need to pick up my game... Stay tuned...

ajfclark
1-Feb-2012
7:22:00 AM
>Yeah nice bump.
>I took a relative newbie to Buffalo for the first time after Christmas,
>in 4 days we did:
>Initiation

Did you start with The Initiation?

shiltz
1-Feb-2012
9:06:22 AM
You must have had a great time repeating all of those classics gfdonc. I haven't done the Count of Mounting Crystals, creative name - where is it? Does it measure up with the rest of the list?
gfdonc
1-Feb-2012
9:16:05 AM
On 31/01/2012 IdratherbeclimbingM9 wrote:
>Post edit;
>Hey gfdonc, I reckon that you ought to submit a couple of your excellent
>photos from that trip to 'Chocky pic of the week'...
>☺

Already did, but there's another thread running about that one (hehe) .. I think he's only publishing pics of NSW sport routes ;-)

On 1/02/2012 shiltz wrote:
>You must have had a great time repeating all of those classics gfdonc.
> I haven't done the Count of Mounting Crystals, creative name - where is
>it? Does it measure up with the rest of the list?
It's at Mackey's Peak. It's new, FA was January 2011. 9 pitches total. Worth a couple of stars, we had fun. Do a search on Chockstone for the details, "Mackey's Peak guide".

shiltz
1-Feb-2012
9:31:42 AM
Ahh, haven't made it into Mackey's Peak yet. Think I'll wait until I'm with someone who knows their way around. I have enough of a tick list in the Gorge to keep me busy for a while.

ajfclark
1-Feb-2012
9:35:00 AM
Route description for the count of mounting crystals: http://www.chockstone.org/Forum/Forum.asp?Action=Display&ForumID=15&MessageID=14928&Replies=11

Steve, the link to your Mackey's guide has gone dead. If you could email a copy to me I'll throw it up on the VCC site somewhere for you and link it from the appropriate pages.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
1-Feb-2012
3:02:08 PM
On 1/02/2012 gfdonc wrote:
>It's at Mackey's Peak.
(snip)
>"Mackey's Peak guide".
>
?
The pedant in me, and two previous guidebooks as well(!), reckon it is Mackey's Lookout, but I have also heard them referred to as Mackey's Slabs...
gfdonc
1-Feb-2012
9:43:43 PM
On 1/02/2012 IdratherbeclimbingM9 wrote:
>On 1/02/2012 gfdonc wrote:
>>It's at Mackey's Peak.

Ahh .. oops .. Mackeys Peak is the Grampians I seem to recall.
I sit corrected.

Links dead? Will try to rectify.
gfdonc
2-Feb-2012
3:30:16 PM
Link to the document should be reinstated now. Can't check from here, someone PM or email me to let me know?

ajfclark
2-Feb-2012
7:34:04 PM
All good Steve.

Page 2 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 37
There are 37 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints