Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
FREIGHT FREE
in Australia

Black Diamond: 10mm DYNEX: 60cm (24") Runner. (Open round sling) Great for making "extender" quick-draws. IMO   $10.00
28% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Crag & Route Beta

Crag & Route Beta

Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
VIC Northwest (General) (General) (General)  

Author
Black Hill Sunday 9th Oct - volunteers required
Access T CliffCare
4/10/2011
6:11:37 PM
Hi All,

Due to its increasing popularity, some parts of Black Hill are getting a bit of a hammering. In particular, the Milawa area is getting very loose. I'm looking for a few extra helpers on Sunday to lend a hand to help stabilize the area. The plan is to share the workload over the day - you can do a bit of climbing and then relieve the others while they do a bit of climbing. It will be a pretty cruisy day but would be nice to see some of those who frequent the place rock up and help where they can. We will be getting to the main carpark about 9.30 am. Drop me a line at cliffcare@vicclimb.org.au to let me know if you can help out and for any other details.

Cheers,

Tracey
SBW
6/10/2011
8:25:05 AM
Bump
Access T CliffCare
7/10/2011
11:42:44 AM
Hi,

I am bumping this again today. So far, very quiet on the helping out front. As I mentioned, it won't be a full days work - mostly climbing really. It just means that a few people won't have to give up the whole day doing it if there a some extras to share the load. And most importantly, except for shifting a few rocks around, there won't be any serious rock lugging :) (which I seem to be getting a reputation for)

Also, if you can bring a crowbar,shovel etc to help with tools - fab!

Cheers,

Tracey

Ben_E
7/10/2011
9:05:57 PM
I'll be there - hope to see a bit of a crew.

Access T CliffCare
13/10/2011
10:31:03 PM
To those that rocked up - big thanks. It was really productive and while there are still sections which will need a bit of tlc over the next few years, our main gully target has some subtle stonework steps which should help to control the sliding moving mass of soil down it as well as making it a little sturdier for access.
And we all managed to climb after lunch as well. Gorgeous day to boot!!
Cheers once again,

Tracey

There are 5 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints