Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
VIC Grampians (General) (General) (General) [ Grampians Guide | Images ] 

Author
Vic Range - Weirs Creek

nmonteith
21-Sep-2011
11:46:53 AM
On 21/09/2011 ajfclark wrote:
>Where's the pack? Is it the blurry thing in the bottom left?

yere - I've run the photo through some CSI style filters and still can't detect a pack in this photo.

rodw
21-Sep-2011
11:50:31 AM
Glad its not just me that cant see the pack...I was always bad at where wally books too.
kieranl
21-Sep-2011
12:11:51 PM
It's near the bottom-left corner on top of the boulder. Black bits have melded with the shadows in this rendering. It's reasonably visible in the original - honest!

Edit : There are a couple of pale straight lines visible on top of the boulder which are pieces of compression, tie and shoulder straps. The body of the pack, which is olive-green and black is not distinguishable here.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
21-Sep-2011
12:51:43 PM
On 21/09/2011 kieranl wrote:
>It's near the bottom-left corner on top of the boulder. Black bits have
>melded with the shadows in this rendering. It's reasonably visible in the
>original - honest!
>
>Edit : There are a couple of pale straight lines visible on top of the
>boulder which are pieces of compression, tie and shoulder straps. The body
>of the pack, which is olive-green and black is not distinguishable here.

It was cryptic, but I spotted enough to think that that may have been what you were referring to, before you clarified same.
Now that we have learnt kieranl's new photo style, ~> a note to Mods; please don't let kieranl loose to post pics on the 'Name the Route' thread, or we will never guess them!!
Heh, heh, heh.
kieranl
23-Sep-2011
2:49:02 PM
Planning on going here tomorrow if anyone's interested in a guided tour, though I may be tradding rather than sporting.

rodw
23-Sep-2011
3:34:34 PM
Don't forget your Rp's
kieranl
23-Sep-2011
4:21:23 PM
Funny you should mention that. They might actually come in handy on one route.
widewetandslippery
23-Sep-2011
4:42:45 PM
My first lead was gucio piton at the neck with a moac, a hex and and a set of rps, a static rope and muddy shoes (we did the tunnel in the morning. We also leap froged up echo junior with the 3 bolt plates we had. Rps rock in the blues.
stuart h
13-Feb-2012
9:56:45 AM
I had a really fun day in on the pocketed (disparate housewives) wall at Weirs Ck on Saturday.

I just wanted to post to say thankyou and congratulations to the developers: Kieran Loughran, Norm Booth & Ray Lassman (I think).

The area is a great find and very good addition to climbing in the Vic Range – a bunch of super fun, distinctive routes is a lovely setting – and the developers have done a thorough and thoughtful job equipping the climbs.

Cheers

s
kieranl
13-Feb-2012
4:11:42 PM
Glad you enjoyed it. Have the holds dried out yet?
dan_b
13-Feb-2012
8:55:01 PM
I also meant to post a big thank you after climbing there last year! The GF and I checked it out around September and had a blast on the pocketed it wall.

stuart h
14-Feb-2012
3:03:09 PM
There is still water in some of the pockets in the bottom 6 feet of Hysteria Lane (?-the 20/21) but it didn't affect the climbing - there were plenty of dry options for both hands and feet.

There is obvious potential for further routes - a couple of strong lines to the right of the wall & the bouldery looking seams on the left. Are you keen to do these or are you happy for others to get on with that?
f_abe
14-Feb-2012
3:08:33 PM
Hi,
I don't know of the proper protocol here, and it could be opening up a whole can of worms, but I am planning on bolting them in the next month or so. It would have happened by now but for a bung shoulder (couldn't even neck a longy without sharp pain, let alone hang on a rope and hold a drill!). If they're not done by then consider them fair game, but I would like a few more weeks to finish what I planned before injury took over.
Cheers - Alex
kp
14-Feb-2012
3:09:21 PM
I really liked the routes at this crag too, Kieran. Such a tricky little area to find. Good quality bolting aswell. My only critism being the theme names.

Shocking!
kieranl
14-Feb-2012
8:49:15 PM
On 14/02/2012 kp wrote:
>I really liked the routes at this crag too, Kieran. Such a tricky little
>area to find. Good quality bolting aswell. My only critism being the
>theme names.
>
>Shocking
Great. Looks like success on every level :)
kieranl
26-Mar-2012
11:02:24 AM
Still not fit enough for the couple of projects at Weirs so went up on this one yesterday, well away from the Disparate Housewives area.

Tough little start.

Welcome rest

Had to have a hang on the thin section at my feet.
Photos by Ray Lassman
White Trash
4-Apr-2012
3:01:03 PM
On 26/03/2012 kieranl wrote:
>Still not fit enough for the couple of projects at Weirs so went up on

looks good. doesnt matter the grade, we are never fit enough ay?
pecheur
9-Apr-2012
9:12:55 PM
On 13/02/2012 stuart h wrote:
>I had a really fun day in on the pocketed (disparate housewives) wall at
>Weirs Ck on Saturday.
>
>I just wanted to post to say thankyou and congratulations to the developers:
>Kieran Loughran, Norm Booth & Ray Lassman (I think).
>
>The area is a great find and very good addition to climbing in the Vic
>Range – a bunch of super fun, distinctive routes is a lovely setting –
>and the developers have done a thorough and thoughtful job equipping the
>climbs.
>
>Cheers
>
>s
>
Was at Weirs Creek on Sunday and pretty much exactly what Stuart said, thanks a lot for a really nice little area, it was just what I needed after the walk in for Mt Difficult followed by another for Hollywood Bowl...

I liked the dirt grovelling required to get into the Disparate Housewives area too :)

PS I also got to see the (in)famous Neil in action, he'd been there for probably an hour and decided that he needed to put up a new route and marked it out, too bad he didn't have his drill on him.
kieranl
10-Apr-2012
9:26:28 PM
On 9/04/2012 pecheur wrote:
>Was at Weirs Creek on Sunday and pretty much exactly what Stuart said,
>thanks a lot for a really nice little area, it was just what I needed after
>the walk in for Mt Difficult followed by another for Hollywood Bowl...
>
>I liked the dirt grovelling required to get into the Disparate Housewives
>area too :)
>
I went in there Monday and got tickage on the route that's in the earlier shots (Cultural Amnesia 21 (until downgraded)). Also went up to the Disparate Housewives area for the first time since November. Was interested to see that the track above the chockstone is getting very worn and dusty. I guess it was quite damp all of the time we were doing the initial development. Yesterday was the first time that I've seen the start of Hysteria Lane dry. Wondering whether it's worth putting in a rap anchor so people don't have to descend down the hole so roughly halving the traffic on the track above the chockstone.
>PS I also got to see the (in)famous Neil in action, he'd been there for
>probably an hour and decided that he needed to put up a new route and marked
>it out, too bad he didn't have his drill on him.
Never fear, Neil achieved both drillage and tickage on Monday. I forgot to suggest to him a possible name for his route to fit in with the sophisticated naming theme : "Honed and Away".

JamesMc
11-Apr-2012
6:48:14 AM
Given the number of people there over Easter, erosion is sure to be a problem. An abseil might help but is there a possibility of a different route to the right? If it's steep but on solid rock then a fixed hand line.

JamesMc

Page 2 of 3. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 49
There are 49 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints