Crag & Route Beta

Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
VIC Buffalo Lake Catani Environs (General) The Monolith [ Lake Catani Guide ] 

Author
2 new climbs at the monolith

surfandclimb
22-Jan-2006
8:56:16 PM
I believe that Andy Strachan and I have put up 2 new climbs at the Monolith. We've checked the guide book and the updates on the V.C.C website, If any one would like to let us know differently that would be appreciated.
Approx 15 mts south of Rangers Delight ( Right if facing the wall) is the first of the 2 climbs.
f---IN TOLD YOU SO. 20 mtr 11
Just before down climbing short ramp, 3 prominent cracks. Up L crack then step into the crack to the R to ledge. Up juggy slab to R then walk across to large boulder on far left. (Can belay to avoid rope drag) Up wide crack on headwall (Large cams or solo) Belay at top. Andy Strachan, Michael Milnes 20-1-2006

VANESSAS DILEMMA 15 mtr 11
5 mtrs R of F.T.Y.S Starts under prominent crack. Bouldery start to obvious ledge. then up crack to large ledge. Step across void onto wall and 1 commiting move onto next ledge. Up chimney on L and belay from top. Michael Milnes Andy Strachan 20 -1- 2006

Also done 3 other routes in the area but require bolts to make safe before we give descriptions.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
22-Jan-2006
9:03:41 PM
On 22/01/2006 surfandclimb wrote:
>Also done 3 other routes in the area but require bolts to make safe before
>we give descriptions.
Whats wrong with writing them up as bold climbs?
Others may wish to match the original style rather than receive the sanitised experience.

'some new climbs?' thread;
>what i believe are 2 new climbs in an established area and laying some sort of claim to 3 other climbs that im working on (2 need a bolt each) that i obviously havent finished for lack of drill and bolts.

... or are they still unfinished wish-list jobs until after the drill-lack is overcome?
hermes
23-Jan-2006
8:32:12 AM
Did you email them to the VCC as well?
BA
24-Jan-2006
1:13:21 PM
Argus has received them.
Paul
9-Feb-2006
3:16:42 PM
Hey Mick

Looks like I just missed catching up with you at buffalo, my two week stint there ended about a week earlier than the date of your acents.

From your descriptions I think that you might possibly be a little dissapointed when you see the new guide book for buffalo.

Next time you head up that direction let me know.

Paul Phillips

surfandclimb
11-Feb-2006
1:51:46 PM
Good to hear from ya mate. I will give ya a buzz when I head up next. Give us the goss on the info about the climbs, Im too broke to buy the book yet.
Paul
14-Feb-2006
6:11:15 PM
I haven't actually got the new guide yet, I think that they are still at the printers. Joe gave me a sneak preview when I was up at Buffalo last. I am paitently waiting for them to come on sale.

Paul

gordoste
15-Feb-2006
11:27:01 AM
You can pre-order from VCC if you are a member.
jgoding
2-Mar-2006
6:29:48 PM
Hi All,

there is an updated map showing the location of these new routes for free off the VCC's website. The
route discriptions are also in the corrections/update, as well as a few more new routes and general info.

When the 3 other new routes in this area have been finished let me know and I will be happy to document
them and make the corrections to the on-line updates.

enjoy.

Josef

nmonteith
6-Mar-2006
8:51:06 AM
A link would be good Joe!
jgoding
6-Mar-2006
9:52:34 PM
Good idea Neil!

http://www.vicclimb.org.au/pages/guidebooks.html

Please let me know if you have any updates for me to include here and I will make the neccessary changes to the topos/update doc.

nmonteith
7-Mar-2006
9:03:45 AM
These are all excellent topos Joe. Well done!

There appears to be a bit of WIP text still left in your Addendum document in the Back Wall section. It
says INSERT KEVIN LINDORFF INFO HERE - but there is no info! Coming Up For Air, Backless and
Defender of the Faith have been rebolted. Rap anchor into north gorge via Defender/Rough Justice has
been beefed up.

There are 12 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints