Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
VIC All (General) (General) (General) [ Victoria Guide | Images ] 

Author
Sublime Climbs (Best of Vic) guide
jgoding
23-Mar-2011
10:34:22 PM
Howdy,

4 years in the making, after god knows how many road trips to get photos, hiring planes to get aerial photos, design brainstorming sessions, cross checking, talking to other climbers, revisions, and miles of climbing we are proud to announce that the new Best of Victoria rock climbing guide we've called "Sublime Climbs" is at the printers.

ETA for delivery is mid-late May, and you can now pre-order your copy via our website.

Check out our website for a teaser of some of the pages, more details about the book.

Enjoy,

Josef Goding, Kevin Lindorff & Jarrod Hodgson are the Rockmaster team
*A huge thanks to the support of the many climbers who have assisted with supplying photos for, and in the creation and editing of this book.
www.rockmaster.com.au

dave h.
24-Mar-2011
1:51:42 AM
Will you be doing a Buffalo-specific guide?

I have seen stacks of awesome Buffalo Photos on your Photobucket.

It'd be a tragedy if they were confined to a mere one section of this guidebook...
jgoding
24-Mar-2011
7:36:44 AM
Morning, thanks for the positive feedback re Buffalo shots.

This is a best of Victoria guidebook and covers Arapiles, Grampians and Mt Buffalo.

We have no plans to re-do the comprehensive VCC's 2006 V6 Buffalo guide.

There is talk of a 2 part Grampians guide (not by us) but it may be a while off (1-3 years?) but should be excellent when out. The Grampians needs new guidebooks more than Buffalo in my opinion!
jgoding
20-May-2011
8:05:57 AM
Howdy, just to give you an update we have had some delays in printing but have just got the first 10 books by air freight and they look fantastic.

Delivery timing for the bulk amount is estimated at mid June, so any pre-sale orders would be shipped out very quickly after that date.

Stay tuned for some launch venues and dates (will be mid-late June). Anyone got any ideas?

Nati Cafe? The CBD climbing gyms? Rock Hardware in Bendigo?

www.rockmaster.com.au

nmonteith
20-May-2011
8:43:06 AM
I hope you catch a a taxi home this time Joe.
sbright
20-May-2011
12:37:46 PM
The guide looks great. Nice work Rockmaster team.

sbm
20-May-2011
1:26:54 PM
So I guess you're targeting lazy international and interstate visitors who want to do a Vic road trip but don't want to shell out for 4 different guidebooks? Looks very purty.

gordoste
20-May-2011
2:30:21 PM
On 20/05/2011 sbm wrote:
>So I guess you're targeting lazy international and interstate visitors
>who want to do a Vic road trip but don't want to shell out for 4 different
>guidebooks? Looks very purty.

Got a problem?
jgoding
22-May-2011
12:10:13 PM
Howdy,

Neil - yep taxi is definitely the go this time around.
Steve - thanks for the kind words.

And yep our target market is people new to climbing just wanting one guide that's easy to use and find to the very best of Victorian climbing. We are also targeting interstate and overseas travelers.

In case you didn't know there is a GPS file sharing page where we have made available a file including the locations for car parks, camp sites and climbing locations for most of the climbing areas covered in the book. Check out the "gps file sharing" tab on this page:
http://rockmaster.com.au/index.php/select-vic

Enjoy!

BenHev
24-May-2011
12:59:51 AM
Joe your PM mailbox is full!

BenHev
24-May-2011
1:02:34 AM
GPS link for gpx file is broken, has extra [1] in it that shouldn't be there.

Try gpx

Cheers,
Ben
ademmert
24-May-2011
11:45:54 AM
Have seen an advance copy and it looks very nice!
Nice work guys
JDB
24-May-2011
3:45:17 PM
I ordered mine last week and still haven't got it
New working title : Not on time, climbs.

nmonteith
24-May-2011
5:06:09 PM
On 24/05/2011 JDB wrote:
>I ordered mine last week and still haven't got it
>New working title : Not on time, climbs.

Did you read Joe's comment above??

"Delivery timing for the bulk amount is estimated at mid June, so any pre-sale orders would be shipped out very quickly after that date."
jgoding
26-May-2011
7:16:18 AM
Hey Ben - thanks for the advice. I will get onto fixing that!
John - yep books have only just left port, so will be on the water for a few weeks, then in Customs for a little while before being packed and posted to you, and everyone else who has kindly pre-ordered.
Ads - thanks for the comments. Kevin mentioned he ran into you guys recently and the feedback was positive.
ademmert
26-May-2011
11:26:15 AM
On 26/05/2011 jgoding wrote:
>Ads - thanks for the comments. Kevin mentioned he ran into you guys recently
>and the feedback was positive.

Well you do have to be nice to your elders ;o)

Nice work guys!
JDB
26-May-2011
2:43:36 PM
Sorry Jo for the wind up.
I thought I might of got lucky and got one of the preciousssssssss 10 you had.
Can't wait to get my hand on one.
I will patiently wait my turn.
I am a bit of a guide book / climbing mag tragic!
I tend to read about / look at others doing, rather than participating, kind of guy (This weekend being a good example - Hope the rock is dry for you guys))
jgoding
7-Jun-2011
10:18:59 PM
Hey John, well not long to wait now. They should be here next week!

Just a heads up - the first launch will be held at Rock Hardware in Bendigo on Friday 17th June at 7.30pm.
jgoding
9-Jun-2011
9:25:48 PM
Howdy, the guides have arrived a little early. If you want your copy head to Lactic Factory or Bogong, or come see Kevin and I in the Northern Grampians. We'll also be over @ Arapiles & Nati on Sunday to drop some in to the Cafe and climbing shop.

Enjoy.

Cool Hand Lock
12-Jun-2011
6:44:37 PM
Nice to see Jo handing out free copies of the new guide in the pines this morning.

Thanks Jo

Book looks good.
Great ariel photos make finding cliffs so much easier.

Great job on this one guys.

Page 1 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 29
There are 29 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints