Crag & Route Beta

Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
VIC Southwest Werribee Gorge (General) (General) [ Werribee Guide | Images ] 

Author
Access to Werribee Gorge
elephant
21-Jan-2011
9:04:41 PM
Does anyone know if access to Werribee Gorge is affected by the recent rain?
This is what it says on Park Victoria's website, not sure if it's up-to-date:

Change of Conditions

Parks Victoria advises visitors to use caution when visiting this park due to hazards associated with recent heavy rainfall, strong winds and flash flooding.

Current closures:

* All walks are currently closed including the River Walk.

The Quarry and Miekles Point Picnic areas and Short Circuit Walk are now open.
egosan
22-Jan-2011
9:10:26 AM
I imagine the trails at the bottom of the canyon will need some work. However, Falcon's lookout is up high on the rim it will be fine. You cross two gullies on the walk in, Imagine the trail is beat up, but it is mostly a boulder hop in those sections at the best of times. Just plan a little extra time to walk in. You won't be able to rely on the trail markers being there anymore so if you haven't been there take your GPS or know how to read a topographic map.

Miguel75
22-Jan-2011
10:25:33 AM
After one of the last big rains (last year) there was a mud slide at the top of stairs leading down to the bottom of the climbs. The mud covered the stairs and broke some of the railings. Hopefully there won't be too much damage this time.

If no one reports sooner I'll be there next week and will post what I find.
White Gold
22-Jan-2011
2:54:02 PM
I went in last weekend (15/1/11). The dirt road in was closed to cars due to water cutting channels across it. But we were able to go over them (slowly) in a mazda 3. Got to the car park and it was full. So everyone had ignored the road closed sign too. Nothing wrong with the walk in, except the stream was flowing better than ever. Just make sure you follow the warn tracks when crossing the river. We had to cross couple of meters down or up stream than before all the rain so the tracks didn't meet up to well. Should be fine now I'm thinking.
richardo
22-Jan-2011
8:10:40 PM
Unfortunately not only is access to the cliff still possible, the cliff itself is still standing.

There are 5 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints