Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Crag & Route Beta

Crag & Route Beta

Page 3 of 5. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 80 | 81 to 84
Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
VIC Arapiles (General) (General) (General) [ Arapiles Guide | Arapiles Images ] 

Author
Coffee at Simey's Cafe

wallwombat
25-Mar-2010
9:00:47 PM
No, no, no....I didn't say I didn't drink beer. I said I haven't had a beer in two weeks. There is a big difference.

Chuck Norris
25-Mar-2010
9:10:02 PM
M9 - in your last post I can't tell if you were talking to me cos I sure weren't talking to you.

I was talkin to wombats 3 weeks and no beer. WWS do you realise you climb with someone that can go 3 weeks without beer?

IdratherbeclimbingM9
25-Mar-2010
9:16:38 PM
Fairynuff. Vagaries of interpreting the interweb and all that.
Carry on while I happily bow out...
Hehx 3

Chuck Norris
25-Mar-2010
9:20:10 PM
On 25/03/2010 wallwombat wrote:
>No, no, no....I didn't say I didn't drink beer. I said I haven't had a
>beer in two weeks. There is a big difference.
>
>

Two weeks is a lifetime when it comes to beer.

wallwombat
25-Mar-2010
9:23:40 PM
I didn't say I'd gone two weeks without a drink.

I'm a renaissance man. I drink wine too.

Chuck Norris
25-Mar-2010
9:29:28 PM
M9 please don't bow out. Blowing marginal misinterpretation out of all proportion is what makes this place fun.

Please call me the word that can not be spoken.

wallwombat
25-Mar-2010
9:32:25 PM
You're a boulderer.

Chuck Norris
25-Mar-2010
10:01:56 PM
On 25/03/2010 wallwombat wrote:
>You're a boulderer.

I'd rather share a tent with a boulderer than a renaisance man.

wallwombat
25-Mar-2010
10:13:33 PM
On 25/03/2010 stugang wrote:

>I'd rather share a tent with a boulderer than a renaisance man.

All the more wine for me.
tastybigmac
26-Mar-2010
12:01:45 AM
does your wine come from a box?

wallwombat
26-Mar-2010
2:00:45 AM
On 26/03/2010 tastybigmac wrote:
>does your wine come from a box?

No. When I'm at home, I buy bottles but I'll drink cask wine when I'm in the bush and lugging all my crap in a pack. WW&S and I took 8 liters of red up to Balor Hut in the Warrumbungles. To the uninitiated, that may seem excessive but let me assure you, it was barely enough.

If I'm car camping , I generally drink beer.

Phil Box
26-Mar-2010
7:45:02 AM
Ah, I see, a couple of winos.
james
26-Mar-2010
3:43:22 PM
when are you 2 losers going to get serious & start taking rum? I find it offers the best alcohol/taste/weight ratio.

evanbb
26-Mar-2010
10:24:03 PM
On 26/03/2010 james wrote:
>when are you 2 losers going to get serious & start taking rum? I find
>it offers the best alcohol/taste/weight ratio.

I take scotch. Had Ardbeg and Laphroaig 10YO in Tassie.

Dope is the way forward for power to weight ratios. Or LSD.

wallwombat
26-Mar-2010
11:08:20 PM
On 26/03/2010 james wrote:
>when are you 2 losers going to get serious & start taking rum? I find
>it offers the best alcohol/taste/weight ratio.

WW&S, after two trips to Kyrgyzstan, has a penchant for poor quality vodka and I am easily swayed. That tends to be our spirit of choice. I can still climb the next day too.

If I drink enough rum to make a dent, I generally end up wanting to punch someone in the head. Therefore I save that for bogan-filled pubs.

In my experience, most hardcore drinkers (i.e. alcoholics) , drink either beer or wine, as high level consumption can be maintained for long periods of time. See how long you can go, drinking a bottle of rum a day before you are either hospitalised or you die. Not too long.

Therefore, rum drinkers are amateurs.

he he he

Right now I'm having a cup of black tea. What a poof!
james
27-Mar-2010
12:00:04 PM

guess I'm an amateur then... but its ok just being an amateur alcoholic .

>WW&S, after two trips to Kyrgyzstan, has a penchant for poor quality vodka
>and I am easily swayed. That tends to be our spirit of choice. I can still
>climb the next day too.

I was on a ski trip (backcountry hut) with some Americans who were drinking Everclear (cheap clear 100 proof whiskey shite ) & gatorade... nasty stuff. But its much easier to ski the next day especially when you have an hour or 2 skinning up the hill to sober up.

wallwombat
27-Mar-2010
12:48:02 PM
On 27/03/2010 james wrote:

> But its much easier to ski the next day especially when you have an hour
>or 2 skinning up....

Now we're talkin, James.

ajfclark
28-Mar-2010
6:53:21 PM
On 27/03/2010 james wrote:
>Everclear (cheap clear 100 proof whiskey shite )

Everclear is either 75% (151 proof) if you want the weak version or 95% alcohol (190 proof) if you want the strong version. It's also not a whiskey but grain neutral spirit (which has most of the properties that make whiskey whiskey removed due to the high level of distillation).
egosan
28-Mar-2010
8:39:42 PM
The popularity of Everclear on University campuses in the U.S. has a strong correlation with alcohol related deaths on said campuses. Treat with care. For experienced drinkers only.

wallwombat
28-Mar-2010
8:42:28 PM
Sounds like putrid shit.

Page 3 of 5. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 80 | 81 to 84
There are 84 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints