Crag & Route Beta

Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
All WA (General) (General) (General)  

Author
Rottnest island- any bouldering?

vwills
10-Apr-2010
8:45:25 PM
I know this is a Vic site, but I really dont need to join any more climbing forums. Life is too short!
Is there any bouldering on Rotto? I need to keep my tips in shape between surf sessions in a few weeks.

vwills
10-Apr-2010
9:02:02 PM
I have foiund this:

There is actually a bit of bouldering to be done on Rottnest. Its not world class or anything like it, but will give a few problems here and there. Near the barracks on the beach between the barracks and the visitor center there are a few boulders of really sharp sandstone that didn't break when climbing on it. Some other stuff too on the north side of the island. Take water shoes, and you can climb some of the stuff out of the water. No point killing real climbing shoes for it.

But does any one have any other info.

Seth
12-Apr-2010
11:50:24 AM
Don't bother. Its an abomination.

If you're on the mainland though in the Perth area then thats a different story, check out Andy Lampard's website; Crank Down Productions...

Good luck!

vwills
17-May-2010
5:07:45 PM
Unfortunately the surf was even worse than the bouldering with only one day in five of anything good, but it was still nice to visit the island.
I did spend a few hours on 2 days keeping the tips in shape at the 6 overhanging boulders on the beach near Kingston barracks. No, they werent great, water shoes worked fine, but there was at least 20 "problems" in the V2-4 range that I could amuse myself with and lots harder eliminates possible if I could only crank. Some cool water polished pockets. Nice flat sandy landing. Didnt see anything else worthwhile
The rocks limestone btw.

There are 4 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints