Crag & Route Beta

Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
All QLD (General) (General) (General)  

Author
Kangaroo Point - Worth it?

evanbb
9-Nov-2009
3:46:16 PM
I'm in Brissy for a conference (Geothermal energy conference) wed/thursday nights. Is it worth trying to squeeze in an after conference climb at the Point?

Anyone got a rope they want to share with me?

ajfclark
9-Nov-2009
3:54:56 PM
The QUT cliffhangers have a regular club night on Wednesdays. You could try contacting them and see if they mind you dropping in?

nmonteith
9-Nov-2009
4:02:09 PM
Yes. Even if you don't get a roped climb in there is some great bouldering. You can pretty easily chat up a belay on one of the plethora of top-ropes covering the cliff on any night.
hotgemini
9-Nov-2009
4:34:03 PM
Evan, was it you that phoned me earlier looking to organise climbing on wednesday for a group of people?

evanbb
9-Nov-2009
6:49:09 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking of taking all the guys from the conference over there. 300 geothermal nerds climbing would be excellent value.

miguel75
9-Nov-2009
10:14:08 PM
Hi Evanbb,

I love kangaroo point cliffs. I head up to Brisbane every few months for work and make sure to take
my climbing shoes. As Neil said it's pretty easy to meet up with topropers and jump on their line for a
few laps. I haven't had any issues meeting anyone on the rock, usually after 8pm, in the last year and a
half. If there are no topropers, while unlikely, you can boulder till late at night thanks to the lights...

My 2 cents; definitely worth the effort...

Cheers,

Mikey

russianSpy
9-Nov-2009
11:01:17 PM
I'll second (third?) Neil and Mikey- I drop in to brissy every few months or so and have never had any problems finding an end of a rope to jump on =) although might be a little logistically interesting with the numbers you're thinking of!
and it's a slightly different experience climbing with all the flood lightning from below

i'm sure you would have been directed to qurank.com by now, too

There are 7 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints