Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Crag & Route Beta

Crag & Route Beta

Page 2 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 29
Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
VIC Arapiles (General) (General) (General) [ Arapiles Guide | Arapiles Images ] 

Author
Rainy Day Options at Arapiles(and Gramps)
Wendy
30-Sep-2009
9:19:41 PM
On 30/09/2009 nmonteith wrote:
>On 30/09/2009 One Day Hero wrote:
>> Instead, my warmup stroll on Iron Curtain turned into a protracted
>>shakefest as I dealt with thick red dust on every bloody hold!! (good
>lockoff
>>training, brushing and blowing EVERY hold for 150m)
>
>Blowing dust of every hold at Bungonia is the usual situation isn't it?
>It's just usually black lichen instead.

I always thought Bungonia was just like it had a layer of graphite powder over everything.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
1-Oct-2009
4:18:15 PM
Bungonia vs Arapiles/Gramps is about as far off topic as-
... but continueing the theme~
On 30/09/2009 Wendy wrote:
>I always thought Bungonia was just like it had a layer of graphite powder over everything.

The mining of limestone behind the facade that is the north wall, doesn't help with dust in the area.
bones
5-Mar-2012
9:50:33 AM
Was at Stapylton on Saturday and it was raining sideways, so we walked in to Sentinel Cave. We couldn't get up there, as the rock gully before the traverse was a raging waterfall. Does that happen often? is there any alternative access?

nmonteith
5-Mar-2012
12:19:02 PM
On 5/03/2012 bones wrote:
>Was at Stapylton on Saturday and it was raining sideways, so we walked
>in to Sentinel Cave. We couldn't get up there, as the rock gully before
>the traverse was a raging waterfall. Does that happen often? is there any
>alternative access?

It must have really been bucketing down! I've only seen it do that a couple of times. Usually there is no running water there at all. You could access it from above by going far around left (past Sentinel Wall), up a vegated ramp and scramble down from above. Probably a bit of a pain really.
bones
5-Mar-2012
5:08:59 PM
Thanks Neil, yeah it was really coming down.
With another shabby forecast for this weekend I might need to make a return trip.

This post mentions Bundaleer as a wet weather option - which routes stay dry when its bucketing down? Just the super steep ones in the cave?
gfdonc
5-Mar-2012
5:19:08 PM
If it's really wet you could always take the dog for a walk instead ...
bones
5-Mar-2012
5:27:33 PM
On 5/03/2012 gfdonc wrote:
>If it's really wet you could always take the dog for a walk instead ...

You're gonna get me shot/reported/doggiebagged/drilled/carjacked/bullied/removed/stooged just for trying to change the subject!

nmonteith
5-Mar-2012
8:47:39 PM
On 5/03/2012 bones wrote:
>This post mentions Bundaleer as a wet weather option - which routes stay
>dry when its bucketing down? Just the super steep ones in the cave?

Yere - not much - just the left hand side cave with Angular Perspective. Manic Depressive stays dry in most weather.
Wendy
5-Mar-2012
9:38:43 PM
On 5/03/2012 nmonteith wrote:
>On 5/03/2012 bones wrote:
>>This post mentions Bundaleer as a wet weather option - which routes stay
>>dry when its bucketing down? Just the super steep ones in the cave?
>
>Yere - not much - just the left hand side cave with Angular Perspective.
>Manic Depressive stays dry in most weather.

Not to forget the Ogive, I've been on it whilst it was chucking it down. Rain missed me by about 15 metres! I don't think it is going to rain this weekend though. looks mid 20s and sunny to me.

Page 2 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 29
There are 29 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints