Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - For Sale

Buy and Sell Used Climbing Gear Please do not post retail SPAM.

Page 1 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 37
Author
Capt Mulch's Going Troppo Sale 1

Capt_Mulch
20-Jan-2010
2:26:59 PM
Hi all, I'm off to the Solomon Islands to live. I'm sick of this Canberra drudgery and need to up the anti on the lifestyle excitement. So, up for sale is a whole lot of gear which I will not be needing (and beer is an essential food group in the tropics, so the more money I have for beer the better).

For sale is (left overs!!):

BD Alpine Harnesses - brand new - 2 adult $40 each

La Sportiva Trango Evo mountaineering boots - brand new in the box - Oz size 12 - $280

Overboots - Forty Below - good condition size 11/12 - $60

Quickdraws - Petzl Spirit - excellent condition - set of 10 - $150

Mad Rock Flash - tortured my feet with these twice for five minutes - supposedly size 47 / Ozi 12 but would suit a size 11 - $30

Photos available on request.
Email nick.reese at defence.gov.au and CC nicholas.reese2 at gmail.com
Fish Boy
20-Jan-2010
2:34:29 PM
Yo mulch, details on the hooks etc...is there a big one, like a grappeling hook? I threw mine away a few weeks ago. Which leeper hooks are there?

Cheers bra

Clancy
20-Jan-2010
2:42:48 PM
Emailed you re: Ice screws and BD cramps

Cheers.

phil_nev
20-Jan-2010
2:44:36 PM
Are willing to seperate the cams?
By set, what exactly do you mean?
C4's or the old style?
miss crag
20-Jan-2010
8:01:37 PM
Emailed your provided addresses re picket/deadman/axes - happy to contribute to tropical beer funds.
Chipbutty
20-Jan-2010
9:04:41 PM
Hi Capt, I emailed you re the Etriers, cheers
scooby
20-Jan-2010
10:43:59 PM
Emailed you re: set of cams
Cheers

Climboholic
21-Jan-2010
7:55:27 AM
Capt_M,

With all this as new stuff, are you sure it didn't fall off the back of a truck! jk.

Methinks you're going to regret this sale... The real mountains of NZ are always just a short flight away.

All the best in the Solomons.
widewetandslippery
21-Jan-2010
10:01:30 AM
Believe it or not I don't think thats all mulchys gear.

When you going mate? we may have to drink some beer.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
21-Jan-2010
10:29:38 AM
On 21/01/2010 widewetandslippery wrote:
>Believe it or not I don't think thats all mulchys gear.
>
Having recently climbed with Capt I can confirm this.

Fish Boy wrote;
>hooks / leepers

... Sorry FB. I got in before you (by email) due conversing re the rental of his house now that he is moving out. There is no grappling hook amongst it, but I will be looking to offload the Talon and maybe some others down the track, as I did not want to stuff the Capt around by negotiating for a split set.

Climboholic
21-Jan-2010
11:00:29 AM
So you're moving up to Canberra M9?

Climboholic
21-Jan-2010
11:01:44 AM
Or should I say Mr Harding-Robbins. No wonder you're an aid climber.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
21-Jan-2010
11:29:43 AM
On 21/01/2010 Climboholic wrote:
>So you're moving up to Canberra M9?

No, but I know someone interested in the rental.

>Or should I say Mr Harding-Robbins. No wonder you're an aid climber.

Heh, heh, heh.

capt_mulch
21-Jan-2010
11:37:53 AM
Ok all, I'll update the list on what has been sold etc. Sorry, a bit snowed under with all the replies.

Contrary to popular belief, I am not giving up climbing, just getting rid of excess gear that I won't be using much in the next few years.

capt_mulch
21-Jan-2010
12:24:00 PM
OK, updated the list now. Anyone who missed out, I'll keep you on the runners up list in case the deal falls through. Thanks all for showing interest.
Fish Boy
21-Jan-2010
2:58:35 PM
No worries M9, just let me know mate...

BUMP

Capt_mulch
21-Jan-2010
3:25:17 PM
On 21/01/2010 widewetandslippery wrote:
>Believe it or not I don't think thats all mulchys gear.
>
>When you going mate? we may have to drink some beer.
I'm off to where it's tropical, warm, the maidens are dusky and beer is essential to maintain your weight (I kid you not...). Salome, Leleana and I are off to live in Munda, New Georgia, Solomon Islands (check Google maps). There's plenty of climbing once you find it and one of the best right hand surf breaks in the Solomons ten minutes away by boat (Skull Island). Oh, and did I mention that fish under 45cm in length are called 'bait'. Really good diving if you're into that, and I'll be living next to one of the most significant WW2 Pacific battlefields (lots of cool war junk everywhere - even the proverbial 'Jap planes buried under the airstrip' that I want to dig out). I'll be easy to find, just turn up at Munda and ask for Nick the Aussie Guy.

Salome's mum has given us her house to use - it's right on the beach about five minutes bus ride west of Munda township. Here is the view from the local bar (Agnes Lodge):

I'll make sure I check into Chocky regularly and upload any pictures that are cool. I'm happy to do beers WW&S before I go, you just have to turn up :-). BTW, it is all my gear - I've had it hidden in the shed for all those winter mountaineering fantasies that just didn't happen this year.

Capt_mulch
22-Jan-2010
10:20:51 AM
The Cams are back on the menu. Aaron's missus thinks my gear is 'second hand' and suss - M9 was quite happy to climb on them at Booroomba last month!!! You tell 'em M9 - nothing wrong with my cams!!!! :-)
widewetandslippery
22-Jan-2010
10:23:09 AM
Anyone got a dinghy they want to sell cheap? That looks like a good beer drinking spot Mulchy.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
22-Jan-2010
10:44:39 AM
>You tell 'em M9

Happy to C_M.

There is nothing wrong or suss with Capt_Mulch's climbing gear.
Mulchy looks after his gear, and this is self evident upon seeing it.
It is relatively new / as-new, and consequently in excellent condition. In fact when I led with his rack recently, one of my main concerns was the possibility of scratching his newish shiny stuff and detracting from its value!

The only half-negative thing I can say is that I prefer my own gear-sling to his one because I did not adjust his to my size prior to using it due swinging leads, and I am not used to the Metolius way of compartmentalising equipment on a bandolier style gear-sling. This is an entirely personal preference. I am old fashioned. The gear sling is also new / shiny and after seeing this newer sort in the shops prior to finding that Capt uses one, appreciated the opportunity to try one out(!) and reckon it would be easy to get used to.

Page 1 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 37
There are 37 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints