Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - For Sale

Buy and Sell Used Climbing Gear Please do not post retail SPAM.

Author
O.T. - Any coin-op collectors in the house?
Andy P
13-Mar-2017
3:22:47 PM
I have an enviable collection of old antique slot machines dating back to a 1911 cast iron Mills Operators Bell - one of around the last 28 out of hundreds of thousands known to exist since most were confiscated during the prohibition years of the early thirties and destroyed.

Another beauty was discovered secreted away behind a false wall in Nevada when a small outbuilding was being knocked down. Turns out it was a Speakeasy run by a mobster named Tony Cornero and the men who were constructing The Hoover Dam at the time used to throw their nickels into it.
Its here - in my house in Melbourne, Australia and sure is a beauty. Runs like it left the factory - perfect! and was chock-full of 1929 nickels when it arrived.

I have many others too. Beautiful, beautiful 'objets d'art' (sp?) from the early 1930's. 100% ridgy-didge originals and heck they stand out in a man/woman cave or theme room!
Sadly, since a certain 'little' chappie I once considered a dear friend had me fired from my career of 24 years my 'babies' have to go.

So, if there's any collectors out there or someone who wants a quirky one-off antique then please, by all means PM me and I'll send the stunning photos.

Many thanks,
Andy P.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
13-Mar-2017
5:52:19 PM
On 13/03/2017 Andy P wrote:
>the men who were constructing The Hoover Dam at the time used to throw their nickels into it.

A lot of those construction workers died doing their job...
You've got nickels that have been handled by now-ghosts?
~> They are probably worth more to the right people than the coin holding device!
Heh, heh, heh.

ajfclark
13-Mar-2017
7:39:24 PM
Do you have any in the larger, flippered variety?

Andy P
15-Mar-2017
3:40:06 PM
On 13/03/2017 ajfclark wrote:
>Do you have any in the larger, flippered variety?

Nah, sorry ajf, never collected pinnies, just bandits and maybe the odd Allwin.

There are 4 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints