Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - For Sale

Buy and Sell Used Climbing Gear Please do not post retail SPAM.

Author
Cams, nuts (including RPs!), hexes, old quickdraws
Dave_S
21-Feb-2015
4:41:17 PM
A friend of mine who probably hasn't climbed in the best part of a decade has decided that with a baby on the way, he needs to get rid of things which are just taking up space and never being used. These things include climbing gear, which he's asked me to sell for him. It's all probably about 10 years old, but will have only seen a couple of years at most of actual use, and has been stored indoors since then. Gear will be sold as is, and I will let buyers make their own decisions about whether slings need replacing. Gear can be picked up from Brunswick or South Melbourne, or posted at buyer's expense.

Wild Country Technical Friends with individual racking biners: 0 (same size as BD C3 #1), 1.0 (slightly bigger than BD C4 #0.4), 1.5 (slightly bigger than BD C4 #0.5), 3.5 (slightly smaller than BD C4 #3). $30 each for the smaller ones, $40 for the 3.5. 0, 1.5 and 3.5 sold, 1.0 still available.

Nut tool on biner: $5

His first born child: I shall relay any reasonable offers.

Black Diamond old-style Camalot (flexible central stem, but without thumb-loop) in excellent condition with individual racking biners: Sizes .2, .4, .5, .75, 1, 2, 3.5. $40ea for the two smallest sizes, $45ea for sizes .5 to 2, $50 for the 3.5, or $280 for the lot. All sold.

Hexes, Wild Country Rockcentric, new anodised style, full set of 7 with WC Xenon wiregate: $90 SOLD!
Wild Country Rocks, non-anodised, 2 sets of 10 with racking biners. One with sizes 1-10 for $75, the other 1-9 with doubles in #6 for $60. SOLD!

Various aluminium micro nuts. Set of 7 including Black Diamond, Wild Country, and DMM Peenuts, with racking biner: $45 SOLD!

Full set of RPs 0-5 on racking biner. They do not appear to have ever even been placed. $75. SOLD!

DMM Wallnuts, non-anodised, set of 11 with racking biner. Sizes 1-10, with a double in #3. $85 SOLD!

Black Diamond Hexentrics, slung rather than wired, non-anodised set of 7 with racking biner: $60 SOLD!

Various quickdraws, all hook-nose biners with nylon slings. $10 each, or $7.50 each if buying more than 4, or $75 for all 11. SOLD!

Bolt plates, set of 10 on biner: $30 SOLD!

Various screwgates: $5 each SOLD!

Click photos to enlarge.

lightfoot
21-Feb-2015
5:21:10 PM
Ill grab the biggest camelot thanks
Ithomas
21-Feb-2015
5:23:45 PM
Pm sent re all of the quick draws.
Dave_S
2-Mar-2015
10:38:37 AM
List updated with items still available, prices reduced.
ryanwatson
2-Mar-2015
4:55:37 PM
After the .2 Camalot and the RP's. PM sent.
Dave_S
23-Mar-2015
12:47:25 PM
Prices reduced, list updated to indicate items still available.
Drifty
23-Mar-2015
2:12:28 PM
Tried to pm for the WC rocks - not sure it worked as it said your pm box is full...i will take though !
Dave_S
23-Mar-2015
2:14:49 PM
Oops, sorry. No, the PM didn't come through, but I've made some space now.

Eduardo Slabofvic
23-Mar-2015
4:04:49 PM
Is the first born child any good at minimising income tax via off shore shell companies? If so, I'll take it. Otherwise, I'll take the rock centrics. Will PM you details.

pedro.c
23-Mar-2015
5:05:39 PM

Keen to take these off your hands

Various aluminium micro nuts. Set of 7 including Black Diamond, Wild Country, and DMM Peenuts, with racking biner: $45

Various screwgates: $5 each

Wild Country Rocks, non-anodised, 2 sets of 10 with racking biners. One with sizes 1-10 for $75, the other 1-9 with doubles in #6 for $60.

PM me your account details and what you'd like to add on the price for postage to Sydney

Cheers
Dave_S
23-Mar-2015
5:16:59 PM
Sorry Pedro, I have a few of the biners left, but all the other items you wanted are already pending sale. If the buyers change their minds, then I'll let you know.
Dave_S
29-Mar-2015
11:23:26 PM
If any Blue Mountains locals want any of the remaining gear, I will be in Katoomba until Friday night, and have the gear with me. Returning to Melbourne on April 12th.

E. Wells
30-Mar-2015
10:40:08 AM
Hey. Im keen on the #1and #2 c4. Have day free today and can meet in ktown anytime. Cheers.
dave_s
1-Apr-2015
7:23:47 AM
Sorry E.Wells, just saw your post, and tried to PM you but your inbox is full. I'm happy to meet any evening this week if that suits. Staying at K Falls caravan park, but am driving all over the Bluies, so could possibly drop them to you. Best if you can text me when you're available - 0423488139.
Richard Delaney
1-Apr-2015
8:38:23 PM
Wish I'd seen that earlier - I'd love to add those draw slings to the dataset of old draws on the test bed.
If the new owner doesn't want the slings let me know.

Out of interest, 100% of the nylon draws I've tested that are more than 10 years old have broken well below 20kN. Some have broken at half their rated strength.

Richard

E. Wells
1-Apr-2015
8:40:02 PM
Check out gumtree for a real scare Richard!!!!

There are 16 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints