Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - For Sale

Buy and Sell Used Climbing Gear Please do not post retail SPAM.

Author
Blade Runner crampons - SOLD

MP
1-Sep-2014
10:22:37 AM
CAMP Blade Runner crampons Size 1 with ice and alpine points.
$320 (RRP around $430) including express post.
Brand new in box.
See: http://www.camp-usa.com/products/crampons/378-blade-runner.asp

Yep – another pair of crampons for sale – went a bit nuts with the credit card.
A mate climbed WI in NZ on a pair of these with me recently and reckoned they’re terrific, but I’ve decided that my other crampons are quite adequate for any WI I’ll be climbing.

Note that these come in two sizes - see the link above.
They are a fine bit of kit, and I'm not overly keen to part with them.
Because I'm not a (complete) bastard, I'll add that these do not fit boots with an asymetric leading edge to the heel that well, like LS Nepal Evo, because the crampon heel piece wants to move to the side of the bit that extends forward. But they do fit beautifully on Scarpa Mont Blanc (can send a pic if interested - PM me) and Phantom Guide, and I figure other boots that don't have the heel issue.

phillipivan
1-Sep-2014
11:11:12 AM
Camp certainly set a benchmark in how expensive a pair of crampons can be.

MP
1-Sep-2014
12:43:24 PM
Yep - fair comment!

Just a reminder too, that in this case both types of front points are included. The crampons are available as either an ice/mixed or alpine model. The additional alternative points retail around $80 ($40 per pair). They also come with interchangeable front bails. So considering just one crampon type then the cost is much closer to other tech/modular models (e.g. Lynx), but yes, still relatively high.
They are also surprisingly lightweight - lighter than my G12 newmatics, which have had some bar and strap pruned.
lisaw
1-Sep-2014
6:34:01 PM
What do you mean by asymmetric heel? I've only heard the term applied to a last

phillipivan
1-Sep-2014
8:11:08 PM
The leading edge of the heel section of rubber on the nepal evos comes further forward on the medial side of the boot. This is all he is talking about.

MP
1-Sep-2014
8:15:51 PM
Yep - that's right.

I mean not identical on either side of an imaginary central line when looking down on the underside of the heel, i.e. with the boot turned upside down. So, in the case of the LS Nepal Evo, the inner side extends further forward than the outer edge. On the Mont Blanc it’s pretty much even either side, so the heel piece on the Blade Runner sits squarely and centrally against the leading edge of the heel. These crampons don’t have heel posts like most, so it's important.

MP
23-Sep-2014
10:33:08 AM
New price:

$275 incl. post.

Macciza
25-Sep-2014
3:34:38 AM
I'm interested in these possibly.....
Not back in Oz till next week, will send you a pm shortly.....
Cheers

Dicksonia
25-Sep-2014
11:13:35 AM
http://images.climbers-shop.com/images/Sportiva-Nepal-Evo-sole.jpg?width=644&height=644

MP
25-Sep-2014
4:39:57 PM
Good pic - so I'd not recommend using these crampons on LS Nepal Evo (... but the boots are awesome mountaineering / ice climbing boots!).

And here's what the fit is like on the Scarpa (size 43) - they sit nicely against the heel:

lisaw
25-Sep-2014
10:58:43 PM
Great pic thanks, okay to me looks like the connect bar is the issue re heal, I'd never considered this before and still don't unless part of the heal or bar system impacts on it, a flaw I'd say, for the record not withstanding the odd evo heal does this crampon cope with an asymmetric last, almost standard now, looks good as you show the pic

MP
27-Sep-2014
1:43:11 PM
Asymmetric - yes.

The link bar is bent to contour to the boot sole and transfer power from entire boot to the front points.

They might fit some LS boots, and obviously other brands, but they don't fit the LS Nepal Evo well at all, which I mentioned cos I've tried the fit and they are a common boot, so I wanted potential buyers to know.

Given the US$ slide - they'd be a good buy, if that's what you want for steep ice or mixed.

Another pic of detail.

MP
11-Mar-2015
3:16:23 PM
Putting these back on sale for $250 incl. postage.

Will consider near offers.

.. oh yeah - reminder that both types of points are included.

There are 13 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints