ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Page 6 of 6. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 80 | 81 to 100 | 101 to 111
Author
OT - new carbon tax

JamesMc
26-Mar-2011
3:56:16 PM
TonyB should probably Google "Keeling Curve", then think about the fact that not only is CO2 a greenhouse gas, but so is water vapour, and then think about the fact that the warmer the atmosphere the more water vapour it will support.

Contrary to what Bob Brown &co say, taking steps to reduce CO2 emissions is going to be very very painful. But that doesn't mean that the climate isn't changing.

JamesMc

Superstu
26-Mar-2011
5:19:34 PM
On 26/03/2011 JamesMc wrote:
>Contrary to what Bob Brown &co say, taking steps to reduce CO2 emissions
>is going to be very very painful. But that doesn't mean that the climate

Meh. The two biggest breaks will be alternatives to coal burning and population control. For the first we invest heavily in research and fund promising projects such as solar thermal. For the second, we neuter everybody who voted for Tony Abbot.

Not sure about the rest of the world tho. Can the yanks drop bombs on anybody who doesn't do their bit? Oh, that would include themselves... oops!

evanbb
27-Mar-2011
7:46:11 AM
Disagree on the impact James. It really won't be that much, and probably a positive effect on low income earners who (like under the GST) will likely be over compensated.

For a discussion on how the price will impact electricity prices, you could read this:
http://evcricket.wordpress.com/2010/09/09/the-electricity-series-p3-charges-and-accounting/

POST Edit: I am a bone head, should have been part 3.
lacto
27-Mar-2011
10:56:24 AM
I agree with evab that the cost of power increase due to carbon tax will be fairly small , the huge escalations in electricity prices is due to the increase in demand in peak periods and cost together with smart meters to target excess consumption are the battering rams to try and rein in this excessive demand .
Re solar pv . I installed a 5kw system 2 years ago for a nett price of $35,000 and it produces in excess of 7000kwh of which about half is fed back at 66 cents and half consumed at 22cent monday to friday 7 am to 11 pm the rest 9 cents kwh or $3000 pa . It is already depreciated in my books by 70% not a bad return HOWEVER I am about to install anew 5kw on another property which has minimal use and expect to feed back nearly 7000kwh @66 cent or a return of at least $4600 pa for 15 years and the cost of this system is all up $16000 which is depreciable at 10 % pa . Any body who doesnt take up the current offers for solar pv on their own home has rocks in their head . In melbourne you can get 1.5kw for $2400 all up generating 1900 to 2100 kw pa which at 20 cent is $380 to $420 even with no feed back . for every 10 of production fed back add another $90 pa . Most power produce between 10and 4 o'clock so if you work should have high feed back

Superstu
1-Apr-2011
8:21:55 AM
Regardless of the colour of your own politics, if this current government brings in a price on carbon, finally we might see some real investment in renewable energy in this country. And if Australia moves, this increases the pressure on the US to pull its finger out and join the rest of the world.

So if you're in Sydney, and this issue is important to you, come to the Action on climate change - pro carbon price rally.... this Saturday. A family-friendly event.

When & where: Saturday April 2nd @11am, Belmore Park (behind the Eddy Ave bus stops).

More details http://100percent.org.au/events/sydney-climate-action-rally-saturday

IdratherbeclimbingM9
18-Sep-2013
11:18:38 AM
On another thread on 31/07/2013 ajfclark wrote:
>It's not Friday, I know...

... nor particularly funny, in one sense; ~ though I was impressed by the lack of political posts on Chocky prior the election, that saw Tony Abbott sworn in as Australia's Prime Minister today.
~> Didn't know whether to post this item I found to Friday Funnies or here, but decided here was more appropriate.

Heh, heh, heh.

ajfclark
18-Sep-2013
11:40:18 AM
I'm hanging out with baited breath to see my electricity rate plummet...

Eduardo Slabofvic
18-Sep-2013
11:43:01 AM
On 18/09/2013 ajfclark wrote:
>I'm hanging out with baited breath to see my electricity rate plummet...

Bwaahahahahaha!
martym
18-Sep-2013
1:04:14 PM
On 18/09/2013 IdratherbeclimbingM9 wrote:
>I was impressed by the
>lack of political posts on Chocky prior the election,

everyone moved to New Zealand?

IdratherbeclimbingM9
18-Sep-2013
5:21:35 PM
*sound of distant sheep baa-ing* ...

On 18/09/2013 Edward Oslabofvic wrote:
>On 18/09/2013 ajfclark wrote:
>>I'm hanging out with baited breath to see my electricity rate plummet...
>
>Bwaahahahahaha!

You no doubt remember this too EO ...

;~)

Eduardo Slabofvic
18-Sep-2013
7:56:33 PM
On 18/09/2013 IdratherbeclimbingM9 wrote:
>
>>
>>Bwaahahahahaha!
>
>You no doubt remember this too EO ...
>
>;~)
>

... but my all time favorite was "There's no way GST will ever be part of our policy. Never ever, it's dead"

( @ )

Page 6 of 6. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 80 | 81 to 100 | 101 to 111
There are 111 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints