Author
sick of trashing pants

IdratherbeclimbingM9
29-Apr-2004
4:50:20 PM
On 27/04/2004 Tel wrote:
>I know there are shirts that wick the moisture away from the body but
>are there pants that do a similar thing, as for the most part my pants
>tend to grab the knee so then I am constantly pulling them to free up movement...
I generally climb in heavy duty cotton style cargo pants as I find the low pockets excellent for (cheap) camera etc.
When the weather is cold I use thermals underneath and if necessary polarfleece type pants under also. They are warm and quick to dry out moisture.
Nil fly in the polarfleece is annoying though ...
The cotton job is one size too large, which allows plenty of leg movement without restriction.
At Buffalo I nearly always climb with a set of windproofs (top & bottom) with me in a bumbag as well.
High tech gear may be good for its thermal properties etc, but its a bummer wrecking it by scrub-bashing to/from climbs, or on good old fashioned offwidths!

Rich
29-Apr-2004
4:54:59 PM
i usually climb in overalls with kevlar stitching so as to never have to replace them or hurt by underclothes on that nasty rock..

shaggy
29-Apr-2004
5:07:51 PM
rich, your such a tool. Tell the truth, lycra is best! And oh so fashionable!

Rich
29-Apr-2004
5:22:03 PM
you're just jealous of my new trendy yellow slippers!

Rich
29-Apr-2004
5:23:42 PM
PS are u climbing tonight shaggy?

remdan
29-Apr-2004
8:45:23 PM
i like to climb in board shorts, but if its a bit chilly ill put on a pair of rainbow stripped long-john thermals on underneath.

shaggy
30-Apr-2004
11:00:05 AM
rich, didn't make it last night, where you heading this w/e. Prob heading back to Araps, should be dry there????
If you come upto Araps, make sure you bring those sexy yellow slippers with you, and dont forget those lycra pants.

jens
30-Apr-2004
11:17:29 AM
I got these fishermans pants in Thailand last year. They are great on warmer days and have plenty of movement in them. Not durable though, but who cares when you spent $2 on them. You go comando in them, so good fitting legstraps are important, as you wouldn't want to get one of your cracker-jacks caught under them while you're taking a whipper!!! Extremely comfy though and very easy to make yourself.

Rich
30-Apr-2004
11:45:18 AM
hey with those fishermans pants.. i've almost fallen off a cliff a couple of times when i've caught my toe of my climbing shoe in the (large) bottom of the pant leg. so moral is keep em high..
yeh shaggy maybe araps as its lookin pretty wet elsewhere.. dunno, we'll see how the weather pans out, maybe still go to gramps.

Page 2 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 29
There are 29 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints