Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Page 2 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 33
Author
MultiPitch toilet training

Pat
19-Aug-2010
3:06:03 PM
for the reeallly big multi pitches take a few paper bags with kitty litter in them. Dries number 2's out a treat.

pmonks
19-Aug-2010
3:09:08 PM
So am I the only one disappointed to find that this thread isn't about something like this:

??

Butters81
19-Aug-2010
3:10:46 PM
On 19/08/2010 Pat wrote:
>for the reeallly big multi pitches take a few paper bags with kitty litter
>in them. Dries number 2's out a treat.

What are you planning on doing with a dessicated turd?

ajfclark
19-Aug-2010
3:12:29 PM
They burn better

Pat
19-Aug-2010
3:35:33 PM
On 19/08/2010 Butters81 wrote:
>On 19/08/2010 Pat wrote:
>>for the reeallly big multi pitches take a few paper bags with kitty litter
>>in them. Dries number 2's out a treat.
>
>What are you planning on doing with a dessicated turd?

Well, I was planning on voting for it, - unless it bore a resemblance to the Dalai Lama in which case I would ebay it.

martym
20-Aug-2010
4:52:09 AM
I have a mate who had a shag "somewhere" on Sweet Dreams, apparently with harnesses on and wearing a different sort of protection...
Now the only pitch I can imagine that would accommodate such shenanigans is the one that stinks of years of people taking a piss-break in the corner.

That reminds me of a group of three who went up Eskimo Nell, while one was belaying the third - the female in the party took a pee in the cave only to be humiliated at the revelation they now had to scramble through her pee to get to the next pitch...

Eduardo Slabofvic
22-Aug-2010
6:51:03 PM
You should have seen what I did to his pencil case.

...... and anyway, who's this Edwin person?
Winston Smith
23-Aug-2010
9:02:05 PM
I think there's a lesson here some where - aside from the insanity, kidnapping and long-distance driving issues:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/1561612/Nappy-wearing-astronaut-to-plead-insanity.html

Next time I head to the 'Bungles I'll be grabbing some adult-sized Huggies.

jenka
24-Aug-2010
11:38:18 PM
Us chicks? Go beforehand or hold it, and contemplate mild dehydration to minimise needing to go at all.

Guys have nothing to complain about on this front. You do get used to undoing your leg loops and wriggling out of your pants when necessary, but it's never particularly easy and is really best avoided if possible.

It's made even worse in alpine situations - baring your arse every time you need to pee really sucks when its cold, and there are more layers of clothing to wriggle out of too. Oh, and you're invariably roped up to a bunch of guys on a flat section of glacier - so you can forget about privacy!
dmnz
18-Nov-2010
10:41:15 AM
On 24/08/2010 jenka wrote:
>Us chicks? Go beforehand or hold it, and contemplate mild dehydration to
>minimise needing to go at all.
>
>Guys have nothing to complain about on this front. You do get used to
>undoing your leg loops and wriggling out of your pants when necessary,
>but it's never particularly easy and is really best avoided if possible.
>
>
>It's made even worse in alpine situations - baring your arse every time
>you need to pee really sucks when its cold, and there are more layers of
>clothing to wriggle out of too. Oh, and you're invariably roped up to a
>bunch of guys on a flat section of glacier - so you can forget about privacy!

Well out there in the hills there are crevasses which are a backup, though people should carry their poo pots (just remember to weight down the bags first so they don't blow away!)...dont smell too nice but hey better than having to climb through shit.
What especially annoys me is people who suddenly feel the urge to relieve themselves on summits. Surely they could get off the top a bit first!

pmonks
18-Nov-2010
11:08:39 AM
On 18/08/2010 nmonteith wrote:
>Try and piss on rock that will get washed by the rain. Pissing down a hole
>or in a cave will just mean that it will stink forever.

Amen! I was nearly knocked out by the stench wafting out of the cave at the 2nd belay on "Dream of Wild Turkey" in Red Rocks - it was like holding your breath for a minute or two, shoving your head inside a long drop that hasn't been treated in some time, then breathing in as hard and deep as possible. Absolutely disgusting.

While many Aussie routes don't get as much traffic as that one, over time the effect will be the same, so please don't piss in cracks, crevices or caves on a route - it may seem like a good idea but over time it will completely ruin the climb.

If you really have to go, please hold it until you can drive over to Centennial Glen.
lukeg74
19-Nov-2010
4:16:13 PM
How not to poo -

Some years back we were doing the Steck-Salathe at Yosemite. I'd just led the crux pitch and yelled down that I was on belay. The acoustics were pretty poor and I didn't hear a reply. After the longest time, I just assumed he'd started climbing and started hauling in. There were vague shouts from below but i couldn't really make them out.

Some time later he arrived at the belay looking very distraught. Apparently he'd been trying to take a dump into a plastic bag (you cart out all your turds in the valley) when I started pulling on the rope. I'd been dragging him half way around the belay ledge while he frantically tried to reposition the bag with the torpedo half out of the tube.

Oh how we laughed. Until we got benighted and had to spend the night in a squeeze chimney.
Marssan
19-Nov-2010
7:44:38 PM
On 18/11/2010 pmonks wrote:
>On 18/08/2010 nmonteith wrote:
>>Try and piss on rock that will get washed by the rain. Pissing down a
>hole
>>or in a cave will just mean that it will stink forever.
>
>Amen! I was nearly knocked out by the stench wafting out of the cave
>at the 2nd belay on "Dream of Wild Turkey" in Red Rocks - it was like holding
>your breath for a minute or two, shoving your head inside a long drop that
>hasn't been treated in some time, then breathing in as hard and deep as
>possible. Absolutely disgusting.
>
>While many Aussie routes don't get as much traffic as that one, over time
>the effect will be the same, so please don't piss in cracks, crevices or
>caves on a route - it may seem like a good idea but over time it will completely
>ruin the climb.
>
>If you really have to go, please hold it until you can drive over to Centennial
>Glen.

Must be something about Black Velvet wall. I was belaying my friend who was nearing the top of the second pitch of Wild Turkeys while a woman in the party left of us on Prince of Darkness was seconding their second pitch also. About 5 m from the top of her pitch she suddenly stops, hangs, pulls down the daks and lets rip with a big waterfall that almost made it halfway down the length of her pitch, a hanging pee! I wasn't really paying them much attention until the sight of a bare ass caught the corner of my eye as she struggled back her pants. My partner who was no more than 15m from them the whole time was completely oblivious, swore he didn't see or hear a thing...

Page 2 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 33
There are 33 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints