General Climbing Discussion

Page 2 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 35
Author
Patagonia - Riders on the Storm

ajfclark
6-Feb-2009
1:54:15 PM
On 6/02/2009 widewetandslippery wrote:
>Great read, good work, look at the mountain photo thread and forget about your feat.

Shouldn't they remember their feat and forget about their feet?
widewetandslippery
6-Feb-2009
1:57:02 PM
And I'm sober, sorry. Remember feat, forget feet. Great blog

nmonteith
6-Feb-2009
1:58:25 PM
throw the haul bags off next time! There is no rangers to bust you like in Yosemite...
Lee C
6-Feb-2009
2:10:28 PM
On 6/02/2009 widewetandslippery wrote:
>Great read, good work, look at the mountain photo thread and forget about
>your feat.

Geez.... Thats a bit of a shock for someone who's been on a wall or in a cave for 6 weeks.

We would have loved nothing more than to kick those pigs off but they would almost certainly have been
lost down a crevasse. Shame, I was looking forward to seeing them suffer for once.
psd
6-Feb-2009
2:20:23 PM
Fantastic read - thanks guys. Awesome effort.

Robb
6-Feb-2009
2:35:09 PM
great trip report- glad you enjoyed patagonia. your feet will be fine in a couple of weeks. sore feet like that can be pretty common after that kind af abuse. rock shoes arent too comfy for a couple of weeks though.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
6-Feb-2009
4:03:43 PM
A grand adventure.
Many thanks for sharing it with us Lee C, & Jake.

>To us this route stands in the world of climbing as a definition of vision. It stands as the epitome of what climbers can achieve when they forget the preconceived idea’s of others and allow themselves to dream.

Were your thoughts/ideals of the 'visionaryness' of the original ascentionists met? ie did the route (& location), meet or exceed your expectations in terms of how you thought of them/it prior to your achieving the same objective?
rod
6-Feb-2009
6:47:43 PM
holy shit, what a great read! thanks for blogging it.

ajfclark
6-Feb-2009
6:50:49 PM
Their blog says it's the final chapter but doesn't fill in the gory details of the feet. Am I the only one that's curious?
rolsen1
6-Feb-2009
9:09:27 PM
Yes great read, well done.

Robb
6-Feb-2009
9:35:42 PM
On 6/02/2009 ajfclark wrote:
>Their blog says it's the final chapter but doesn't fill in the gory details
>of the feet. Am I the only one that's curious?

here is the reason from blog
"The effect that 2 weeks of continuous vague coldness followed by 5 days of heavy load carrying had
on our feet is one we certainly didn't expect."

makes feet swell and bruise more easily.

rod
30-Mar-2009
2:49:10 AM
Just read this again, a great TR.

I mildly froze both feet 3 years ago, burn't like hell for a couple of weeks and ever since I've been far more susceptible to cold: tingly feelings in the toes, burning sensations, easily encounter chillblanes (?), etc. Anyone know if Lee and Jake's feet recovered fairly quickly or is it still going?
JakeB
30-Mar-2009
8:44:55 AM
Hi Rod,
Not sure about how lee's feet are going. But since I have been back I had a few trips to the Hyperbaric chamber doctor to test oxygen levels in my toes and get advice. At the moment my right foot is still a little cold and squeezing it into a tight climbing shoes is not doing it any favours. But all in all they are warming up well and it was so worth it, but next time I will tell lee to bring more then ONE pair of socks up the wall! and take some diffferent wall shoes up!!

nmonteith
30-Mar-2009
9:31:31 AM
down booties are the shnizzle for any time spent outside of mountain boots. luxury!
rod
30-Mar-2009
5:43:56 PM
Thanks Jake, good to see the use of "next time"

Page 2 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 35
There are 35 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints