ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Page 4 of 10. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 80 | 81 to 100 | 101 to 120 | 121 to 140 | 141 to 160 | 161 to 180 | 181 to 184
Author
What does your user icon say about you?

climbau
25-Aug-2004
4:03:46 PM
OOPS! Have I said to much!
Don't worry A5, I'll be nice and smooth for the weekend!:)

Damietta
29-Aug-2004
9:28:00 PM
BTW anyone go in the Oxfam Trailwalker in Melbourne or Sydney? Any good tales from the track? The Sydney event was awesome, the weather was superb.

A classic I saw at the finish line was the team entered from Coopers. The support crew put out a six pack of Coopers Sparkling on the finish line as the team came down the final straight - said beers were cracked open on the line - gold!

Even funnier was the team of blonde birds we encountered at about 2 am, the team appropriately named "Wishful thinking" - and sure enough.....

Nick Kaz
1-Sep-2004
2:28:13 PM
Back in the old day we used to have to walk 15 miles in the wind and snow to the crag, of course in those days we had real crags, none of this 20m fooey! And, dagnabbit, we allways went to the top, if you couldent get to the top, you would stack hexes untill you could reach the top! Of course a standard rack back then, for the princesses who could afford one, consisted of 2 hexes a hemp rope and a can of spam for larger cracks, belayers came in pairs so you could stack them and thread them like chockstones. Back then if you needed an avitar you would engrave it in your forehead with a hot stick and if you spotted someone with the same one you thumb wrestled to the death.SAY! did I ever tell you of the great avatar wars of 1732? Back then we had to walk 32 miles in the wind and snow to the crag luckily it was summer and there was only 3ft of snow...

Like an old man i gum on too much and have no idea what going on...... Plus it has my hair.
dalai
1-Sep-2004
2:41:18 PM
Very funny Nick - I assume in honour of the Monty Python The We Are So PoorSketch

Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night,
half an hour before I went to bed, (pause for laughter), eat a lump
of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill
owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home,
our Dad would kill us, and dance about on our graves
singing "Hallelujah."

But you try and tell the young people today that... and they won't
believe ya'.

Full transcript of a very funny sketch at http://bau2.uibk.ac.at/sg/python/Scripts/HollywoodBowl/TheWeAreSoPoorSketch

Nick Kaz
1-Sep-2004
2:58:03 PM
"Very funny Nick - I assume in honour of the Monty Python The We Are So PoorSketch"

No i wasnt actualy but im a bit of a Monty Python fan.I would have written more, but i noticed my parrot was dead and had to return it.

mousey
1-Sep-2004
2:58:58 PM
haha being a monty python fan i did that sketch in a grade 4 talent search with some mates and the teachers were pissing themselves but everyone just sat blankly and willing us to get off the stage...

adski
1-Sep-2004
5:46:44 PM
too bad about the ol' icon Nick, she was a good un.
I guess you weren't as good a thumb wrestler as Fatboy. The new one's much more realistic anyway.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
14-Dec-2004
5:02:51 PM
From 'Use of a single rope as a double'... thread;

On 14/12/2004 WM wrote:
>On 14/12/2004 nmonteith wrote:
>>oi A5 - no changing your name after all these years!
>
>I was wondering if he's lost interest in aiding and now just likes hanging
>with a M8.

I am not sure I will stick with it, (still considering / testing the waters), but for some time now it has bothered me using the USA term rather than the Aussie term; ie A5=M8.

BA's post earlier today on 'Quotes' thread about nm's 'mom' vs 'mum' got me to thinking about our Australian identity / it again.

Its a vague concept. I call my haulbag (USA term pig) a wombat for this reason, but ironically I am more attune to the grading differences within the A0-A5 system than the M1-M8 system! I think this is because there is more USA literature out there upon which one can determine the subtleties with ...

Thoughts on the matter anyone? ... not that it really does matter that is!

Apart from that it might have the temporary side benefit of annoying the individual who thumbed-down me, if I pop up under another name till they do it again!

bapak
14-Dec-2004
5:20:25 PM
I like "happy faces" & to "clown around a bit", it is genderless & ageless like a free spirit. I had thought of a 70's hippy icon (as I was 30 yrs ago smokin acid 'n' dropping joints whilst playing in rock bands) but I think Shaggy has that one ?

Bapak = Indonesian for "old bugger" = Steve :-)

cheesehead
14-Dec-2004
8:41:48 PM
On 4/02/2004 Tel wrote:
> I think I boulder better when I smoke .... are
> you allowed to say that?

It's mandatory if you are a gritstoner. The cool thing is they're all roleys too (illegal tax free spanish import) which makes it cooler in my book.

I tell you what, if you want to see a user who looks like his avatar, check out Harry Potter - sorry, Adski (and the "My name is Adski and I'm a piker" trip report for pics)!!

klareralt
14-Dec-2004
8:53:15 PM
I once had a two inch Tigger tatooed on my back. It's not very big, and I don't see it very often, so I need this icon to remind me it's actually there....

Or something like that...

hangdoggy
14-Dec-2004
10:21:33 PM
i'm all jealous now...i want an avatar...how do i get one....
elephant
15-Dec-2004
11:07:21 AM

>Bapak = Indonesian for "old bugger" = Steve :-)

Actually, it means "Mr".. It is used to address..
On its own it simply means grown man, not necessarily old.

bapak
15-Dec-2004
11:42:13 AM
Selamat pagi gajah;

* You are so right = Bapak = the formal salutation of "Mr/Sir".
* Perhaps I should have used the less formal word "Mas" = Boy
but I was keen to hint at my age along with my sense of caution
with my trust of anchors, ropes, knots, belay choices, protection placement !

* Minta maaf bahasa pasar ke sia perhaps
my use of the title bapak was more "bahasa pasaran"
in conjunction with my self depricating sense of humour ?

* Have spent 4 to 6 weeks/year in Indonesia/SE Asia since 1981.

Selamat Hari !

Mr Steve :-)
elephant
15-Dec-2004
12:00:07 PM
Selamat pagi bapak! :)

>* Perhaps I should have used the less formal word "Mas" = Boy
> but I was keen to hint at my age along with my sense of caution
> with my trust of anchors, ropes, knots, belay choices, protection placement
>!

Try "kakek", it means grandfather and used to address any old man..

>Selamat Hari !

ROFL! :) that doesn't make any sense now.. :)

- gajah, the indonesian (actually, not anymore, i've given up my citizenship recently)

PN
15-Dec-2004
12:22:54 PM
Well I think my user icon is quite self explanatory

I am a big raging hom....happy person
Damien J

Mike TS
15-Dec-2004
2:23:52 PM
Cookies for me too please

Jay Woo
15-Dec-2004
4:27:20 PM
I think mine looks like me and a nuckle dragging Boulderer too.

new2thegame
15-Dec-2004
5:11:02 PM
That next clip is always too far away.........I am not a jedi yet!

Nick Kaz
15-Dec-2004
5:23:51 PM
On 14/12/2004 klareralt wrote:
>I once had a two inch Tigger tatooed on my back.

Thats a tiger?

Page 4 of 10. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 80 | 81 to 100 | 101 to 120 | 121 to 140 | 141 to 160 | 161 to 180 | 181 to 184
There are 184 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints