ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Page 8 of 10. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 80 | 81 to 100 | 101 to 120 | 121 to 140 | 141 to 160 | 161 to 180 | 181 to 184
Author
What does your user icon say about you?

Rich
28-Sep-2005
7:49:51 PM
(deleted - mod) yeh
kieranl
28-Sep-2005
11:07:51 PM
So, Sabu, have you done "Something under the bed is drooling" at Buffalo

kerroxapithecus
28-Sep-2005
11:49:37 PM
The jack-in-th-box caught my attention because it was colourful, quirky, silly, funny, daggy, upside down and cute. To say I'm all of those things would be stretching it but I'm definitely daggy and very cute.....hoho

kerroxapithecus comes from my name Kerrin, Rocks and my fascination with the theory of evolution, particularly its relevance to humans and the evidence found that we infact evolved from other primates. One sample of this evidence is a skeleton of a small half human half other primate thing called Australopithecus Afarensis. They called it "Lucy" because the song "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" was playing when it was found. Different species of Australopithecines have been found also.

Sorry you asked now aren't you...................

I got the idea to use the name when I went into the CragX website and there was a discussion about the origins of climbing and after some deliberation about whether it was when so an so climbed 100 years ago or 80 years ago they came to the conclusion that it was from the cave man running from the sabre tooth tiger but I thought it would have been way before that because "Lucy" would surely have been running too and she's a couple of million years old and cave man is more like home erectus living about 250,000 years ago. But seeing Lucy's not actually human that could be right actually but I think climbing began when the first fish grew legs and climbed over the rocks to land.

even more sorry you asked.....................if anyone got to the end here they deserve a medal.

DaCrux
29-Sep-2005
12:10:13 AM
I tot I taw a puddy tat :)

dr_fil_good
29-Sep-2005
8:55:39 AM
On 28/09/2005 shiltz wrote:
>What is this (deleted - mod) stuff? A joke I assume from dr_fil_good not
>a serious moral police thing.

No, it's a conspiracy.

Yeah, bummer, I wasn't thinking when I wrote it I guess - sorry bodacious modulous future dudes!

Umm, how's this, I chose mine because I use cookies as chocks
gfdonc
29-Sep-2005
3:53:48 PM
On 28/09/2005 kerroxapithecus wrote:
>found that we infact evolved from other primates. One sample of this evidence
>is a skeleton of a small half human half other primate thing called Australopithecus
>Afarensis. They called it "Lucy" because the song "Lucy in the Sky with
>Diamonds" was playing when it was found. Different species of Australopithecines
>have been found also.

I believe most climbers are part of the genus "Australopatheticus".
'Specially ones complaining about something or other.
Which is most of us.
- Steve ;-)

IdratherbeclimbingM9
30-Sep-2005
10:36:23 AM
Some would say that was a nice play on word there gfdonc but I'm apathetic about it myself ...
;P

>Sorry you asked now aren't you...................
No.
>if anyone got to the end here they deserve a medal
Thanks for the enlightenment.
I enjoyed the moment; ... it harks back to Chockstone original warm'n'fuzzy campfire discussion mode, so will let you pass on the medal to someone else ...
Besides Hex-Troll bestowed the penthouse upon me, around about the time he put the unopened can of beans in the campfire!

Sabu
3-Oct-2005
12:10:24 PM
On 28/09/2005 kieranl wrote:
>So, Sabu, have you done "Something under the bed is drooling" at Buffalo

no i havn't been to Buffalo yet but that climb is now on the "must do" list!!!

M10iswhereitsat.
22-Aug-2007
8:09:07 PM
DIABLO !!! NOOOOOOOO !!!!????!!!!

wots with the change to the blue-eyed-surfie-boy thing .... just wen I nearly had u hoppin into bd wth Kezza !!!!

wallwombat
22-Aug-2007
8:19:19 PM
My god! 'away team' guy has been turned into Nana Mouskouri.

M10iswhereitsat.
22-Aug-2007
9:31:10 PM

Sort of ...

IdratherbeclimbingM9
12-Dec-2008
11:36:34 AM
Bump ...
Thought I would revive this thread since Chocky has many new members, and I also note some changes in longer-standing member icons/profiles lately.

mattjr
12-Dec-2008
12:50:32 PM
I'm un-original and ugly!

Capt_mulch
12-Dec-2008
1:08:47 PM
I've just had a hit on a big fatty!!

evanbb
12-Dec-2008
1:55:22 PM
This is what I actually look like. I only just realised though.
JDB
12-Dec-2008
3:18:52 PM
I was born in the jurrasic period (still got my drilled out Hexes) and I smile a lot .........
......and sometimes bite creatures alot smaller than me !
Dave C
12-Dec-2008
10:21:53 PM
On 22/08/2007 M10iswhereitsat. wrote:
>
>
>
Good grief! Who would have thought that Sarah Palin was actually Nana Mouskouri's love child!

wallwombat
12-Dec-2008
10:52:49 PM

IdratherbeclimbingM9
23-Oct-2009
9:13:17 PM
bump ~> for interest sake...

Sabu
23-Oct-2009
9:16:23 PM
Wow epic thread necromancy!!

Page 8 of 10. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 80 | 81 to 100 | 101 to 120 | 121 to 140 | 141 to 160 | 161 to 180 | 181 to 184
There are 184 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints