Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Page 2 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 26
Author
Burnley – Spring Clean / Viva La Revolución

mattjr
6-Dec-2008
9:41:31 PM
Just returned from a thoroughly enjoyable session on walls 1 and 2 at burnley, reckon i'll nail the pink traverse next session! :) Thanks to everyone that put in the hard yards!.. look forward to future additions to wall 2. Can make myself available Mondays and Tuesdays should further assistance be required (work sats and suns).

sharkey
7-Dec-2008
4:47:59 PM
Nice to meet lots of friendly folks on Saturday morning, sorry I couldn't hang around longer. I'll never look at Wall 2 quite the same way now I know how many damned nylocks there are lurking there in the darkness. Looking forward to trying the new routes.

cheers,
Nick/sharks
elephant
8-Dec-2008
9:07:42 AM
I left my flecee vest (black) there on Saturday night after the route setting.
I left it on the seat of the table, Wall 1 side.
Did anyone see it? It wasn't there anymore on Sunday morning :(

mattjr
8-Dec-2008
10:03:28 AM
sorry mate, did find a pair of shoes and a chalk bag though.. see the thread I started on the 06/12 for more detail.

BenHev
8-Dec-2008
5:31:45 PM
Reset Report

I got there by 8:30, and already stripping the 30 deg wall was well under way.
Nick taking locknuts off in the cave

30 deg wall half clean

Route setting gets going

All the old routes off, planning and sorting the holds

Cameron makes a start on taking down the vertical wall

Panel down, locknuts off

Turn the panel over to take the holds off

Panels go back up for route setting

Vertical wall cleaned and ready to go by 10:30

30 deg wall taking shape

11:15 route setting starts on the vertical wall

Washing trip #2 to the car wash

Experiment shows best method:
1. hot and soapy wash followed by clean rinse
2. somebody sprays and some (lucky) body pins down and turns each hold to clean all the nooks and cranies.
3. a commitment to get wet.

Vertical wall in progress.
Meily "look it's easy" sets the white 15 "Crouching Tiger little fingers". Trouble is for anyone over 4'9'' with fat fingers it's about 19. (bwahahaha)

There was a brief stop when Mike supplied the pizza.

2:00 and setting for the 30 deg wall was nearing completion, then locknuts go back on

Counter sinking screws into the bigger holds on the vertical wall to prevent spinners

Vertical wall route setting nears completion

Panels down, putting the locknuts on

Panels back up and fixed for the last time today

5:00 30 deg wall completed and ready to go

5:30 Vertical wall completed and ready to go

Sunday morning, the walls are back in use

Thanks everyone for a great day
Ben

sharkey
23-Dec-2008
11:21:26 AM
G'day, just letting whoever knows about these things know that there were a couple of blue/white spinners on Wall1 ... I marked them with "S" in chalk. "Were", because one of them has now snapped off! I can't help feeling there's one missing down low towards the end, too, because it gets suddenly very reachy after what is previously fairly straightforward.

PS: Extra thanks to whoever set the black ones on Wall 2, really good to have some big holds for us noobs.

PPS: Merry Christmas, chockiites!

------Nick

Page 2 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 26
There are 26 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints