General Climbing Discussion

Page 2 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 39
Author
camping at "the" arapiles

DaCrux
3-Sep-2008
7:42:59 PM
On 3/09/2008 widewetandslippery wrote:
>Thats interesting. There is a point where the rules are going to get broken.
>If there was a total fire ban year round and any of you were camped there
>on a RAINY winters night would you light a fire? I reckon I would.

how?

Chuck Norris
3-Sep-2008
9:12:23 PM
Ant rid

Ant rid

Ant rid

Chuck Norris
3-Sep-2008
9:15:28 PM
Sorry...i meant

The Ant Rid

The Ant Rid

The Ant Rid

Chuck Norris
3-Sep-2008
9:31:59 PM
As for the definite article in front of Arapiles. Personally I don't think its earned it.

The definite article gets assigned only to certain awe inspiring, jaw droppingly awesome things that are
said in a
deep voice with a loud echo....such as...

Star Trek..."THE Wrath of Khan"

History..."THE Queen of England"

Climbing..."THE Buckets of Jism"

"The Pile of Arap?...maybe but personally doesn't get me off the couch.
hero
4-Sep-2008
12:49:46 AM
Now Stugang, ant rid is only needed at Moonarie, surely, never at Araps. And as someone who made a career out of the definite article I disagree.

wallwombat
4-Sep-2008
6:42:33 AM
On 4/09/2008 hero wrote:
>And as someone who made a career out of the definite article I disagree.

Well, why aren't you known as THE hero, then?
widewetandslippery
4-Sep-2008
8:21:14 AM
On 3/09/2008 DaCrux wrote:
>On 3/09/2008 widewetandslippery wrote:
>>Thats interesting. There is a point where the rules are going to get
>broken.
>>If there was a total fire ban year round and any of you were camped there
>>on a RAINY winters night would you light a fire? I reckon I would.
>
>how?

With 2 stroke from the petrol drill.

Thats right you need a drill when you go to araps, not everyone can afford a rack.

Chuck Norris
4-Sep-2008
9:00:14 PM
Despite the plethora of ants at THE moon, ant rid won't work there, only a shotgun will stop those
buggers when they're hungry.
hero
4-Sep-2008
9:43:06 PM
No, I had some stuff int the 80s called muskol. Pure ddt. Made a little corral at top camp that kept them out for a week. Could never get the stuff again.

Chuck Norris
6-Sep-2008
9:39:50 PM
On 4/09/2008 hero wrote:
>No, I had some stuff int the 80s called muskol. Pure ddt. Made a little
>corral at top camp that kept them out for a week. Could never get the stuff
>again.
I think you can still get that stuff over the counter in New Zealand and other third world countries...its
advertised as a food supplement for children to put on their Kiwi-Bix. Apparently it is really good for
thickening the cranium and developing the rugby skill of running head first into a brick wall...over and
over and over again

P.S. it just occurred to me that you can prolly get it in third world places like queensland and
Natimuk too.
just ask the nearest braindead moron what he/she puts in his/her water. (though I've heard nasty
rumours
about the vegan vodka from Dan Murpheys in THE 'sham).

BA
7-Sep-2008
11:11:40 AM
I've gotten further through Major Mitchell's journals and he called it "Mount Arapiles", not "The" Arapiles. It was only a couple of pages past Mount Hope and Pyramid Hill. He has now passed the south end of The Grampians (he did call them "The" Grampians) and is heading towards Mt Macedon.

Eduardo Slabofvic
7-Sep-2008
6:13:58 PM
On 6/09/2008 stugang wrote:
>just ask the nearest braindead moron what he/she puts in his/her water.

Hey Stugang, what do you put in your water?

Chuck Norris
7-Sep-2008
6:36:42 PM
there's a great special on vegan vodka in the richmond dan murphy's....you should check it out. None of
that dodgy horsham shit.
stonetroll
7-Sep-2008
8:48:49 PM
Take mouse traps and opposum spears.

Eduardo Slabofvic
7-Sep-2008
8:55:48 PM
More correctly it should be called an Arapiles.

Come on pedants…….bring it……
surfinclimb
21-Sep-2008
2:55:55 PM
Has anyone heard about the bore pump being broken down and the bore now officially beyond low and is now empty? The word is that all large groups e.g schools are being asked to stay at Nati lake. I have no idea how long for but the word is that water is being trucked in to enable non school groups to be able to continue to use the campsite. I know a lot of climbers bring their own water but parks may be concerned that the drop dunny wont be able to cope with all the groups and the increased numbers as the weather improves. I will be calling peter Monday morning to have a chat and will post the updates.

Chuck Norris
21-Sep-2008
6:50:37 PM
speaking of the Piles of Arap, I was listening to some old gorillaz cd's and found the following track eerily
reminiscent of Natimuk and the history of the Pile of Arap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd_ZyLqTd-Q

Apart from yello or grace jones (which for personal reasons I associate with the Pile) I reckon this one is
a contender for the theme tune for the mount.
simey
21-Sep-2008
7:11:24 PM
I like it. And the animation in the song's clip looks like it could have been done by Dave Jones.

ajfclark
22-Sep-2008
10:11:49 AM
On 21/09/2008 surfinclimb wrote:
>Has anyone heard about the bore pump being broken down and the bore now officially beyond low and is now empty?

See the thread titled Arapiles Bore Dry but business as usual.

Page 2 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 39
There are 39 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints