Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Page 3 of 4. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 68
Author
You're only allowed to do 1 more climb ... ever !

sabu
5-Sep-2005
12:48:20 PM
The Eiger, Switzerland!!! :)

brat
5-Sep-2005
1:32:09 PM
Anything at Ton Sai, then retire there, great place, great people!

mrbumble
5-Sep-2005
2:09:09 PM
reticent Wall, el capitan. Just so i can pitch from the last move of the a5 pitch at the top!
glacier-rat
5-Sep-2005
2:58:08 PM
K2, pakistan, the magic line

IdratherbeclimbingM9
11-Feb-2014
9:12:43 PM
Thread necromancy bump, for a new Chocky demographic...

Post edit.
I find it interesting that this thread (in a general sense), reflects the great diversity of the climbing community through the diversity of the answers given to it.
I also find it interesting that adventure and/or traditionally protected routes seem to be in the majority... Does this say something about our collective wannabe-psyche?
;-)
widewetandslippery
11-Feb-2014
9:23:35 PM
a traverse of unclimbed peaks of the Altai Mountains, not gonna happen but hell it would be cool

Doug
11-Feb-2014
9:46:21 PM
Assuming Sharma like strength … and Peter Croft cajones … it would have to be a solo of Astroman. A climb that has everything from a great boulder pitch to a long, glorious corner to a gnarly off-width. What more could you want ...

bigchris
12-Feb-2014
12:03:11 AM
Wings of Steel.

Miguel75
12-Feb-2014
12:20:15 AM
On 12/02/2014 bigchris wrote:
>Wings of Steel.

For added realism I'm gonna throw poo at you;) I may even do that on your next climb...

bigchris
12-Feb-2014
12:24:38 AM
On 12/02/2014 Miguel75 wrote:
>On 12/02/2014 bigchris wrote:
>>Wings of Steel.
>
>For added realism I'm gonna throw poo at you;) I may even do that on your
>next climb...

How is that different from all the other times I've climbed with you?

Miguel75
12-Feb-2014
1:08:38 AM
On 12/02/2014 bigchris wrote:
>On 12/02/2014 Miguel75 wrote:
>>On 12/02/2014 bigchris wrote:
>>>Wings of Steel.
>>
>>For added realism I'm gonna throw poo at you;) I may even do that on
>your
>>next climb...
>
>How is that different from all the other times I've climbed with you?

Not too different, other than the fact that you'll be on wings of steel...

MisterGribble
12-Feb-2014
7:54:33 AM
Dramp

Sharma isn't good enough to do it
martym
12-Feb-2014
10:31:12 AM
passport... definitely passport
bones
12-Feb-2014
1:45:48 PM
Deeper Water, Tyndall Range, Tassie
One Day Hero
12-Feb-2014
2:50:18 PM
Some really interesting responses. I wonder how many of the "2004 people" actually went on to climb their dream routes?

I guess the overseas ones can be hard to get to for people with careers and families, but it always surprises me that climbers can have a "dream route of a lifetime" in their backyard yet never bother to get on it. Whenever I see things like Passport, or Deeper Water, or even Sunshine Cracks in the Bugaboos as peoples "all-time dream", I just think they should go and try it. Doing a 6 or 8 pitch route with a couple of aid points/hangs on the rope is 90% of the experience you get from doing the same route clean. You can still have an amazing adventure even if you don't think you're strong enough to tick the thing. Passport would still be a mega experience via aiding or dogging, and that is probably a necessary intermediate step to freeing it anyway. Or it might turn out to be chossy shit in reality and you were wasting your time fantasising about it. Either way, surely it's better to gain first hand experience.

Get out there and chase your dreams!

Pat
12-Feb-2014
2:57:06 PM
Another vote for Trango - without the risk of being kidnapped by fundamentalists. But after reading ODH's post, I think I might put the buff aid weekend to good use and take a look at Passport when the weather cools down- if it isn't burnt out.
bones
12-Feb-2014
3:11:14 PM
On 12/02/2014 One Day Hero wrote:
>. Whenever
>I see things like Passport, or Deeper Water, or even Sunshine Cracks in
>the Bugaboos as peoples "all-time dream", I just think they should go and
>try it. Doing a 6 or 8 pitch route with a couple of aid points/hangs on
>the rope is 90% of the experience you get from doing the same route clean.
>You can still have an amazing adventure even if you don't think you're
>strong enough to tick the thing.

Totally agree and we've been talking about walking out there to take a look around, do some of the easier bolted lines and see if we're dreaming or not. Looks like an amazing place to be even if we fail miserably with the actual 'tick'
daave
12-Feb-2014
3:20:17 PM
Moonlight Buttress, Zion
One Day Hero
12-Feb-2014
3:32:05 PM
On 12/02/2014 daave wrote:
>Moonlight Buttress, Zion

Next year? I have reliable first hand info that the crux pitches would only get 24 or 25 at Frog. The thing sounds really doable.

pmonks
12-Feb-2014
3:32:42 PM
Andrew's Bulge at Banger.

Page 3 of 4. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 68
There are 68 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints