ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Page 6 of 18. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 80 | 81 to 100 | 101 to 120 | 121 to 140 | 141 to 160 | 161 to 180 | 181 to 200 | 201 to 220 | 221 to 240 | 241 to 260 | 261 to 280 | 281 to 300 | 301 to 320 | 321 to 340 | 341 to 353
Author
THE OFFICIAL GUTTED!!! THREAD
egosan
14-Jul-2009
9:15:38 AM
I don't know who's rocks you have been looking at Josh, but mine are pretty frickin' big. I
will show you sometime if you like.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
14-Jul-2009
10:33:50 AM
On 14/07/2009 Josh Caple wrote:
>gutted that the rocks are so SMALL in this god damn country
>
That is prolly why they don'tbolt their grit, but adventure it instead.

pmonks
14-Jul-2009
8:52:18 PM
Gutted to have had a couple of days in Sydney and been unable to get to Lindfield Rocks. Went to ClimbFit instead and regretted it almost before I'd walked in the door - even by indoor standards it's sh1t... :-S
J.C.
15-Jul-2009
1:01:59 AM
On 14/07/2009 egosan wrote:
>I don't know who's rocks you have been looking at Josh, but mine are pretty
>frickin' big. I
>will show you sometime if you like.

Thanks, but no thanks.
yankinoz
19-Jul-2009
10:31:50 AM
Gutted that I'm home with the flu on such a fine weekend.

Sarah Gara
20-Jul-2009
10:44:02 PM
gutted that Oz is so flipping cold at night. I really didn't believe you guys that I'd need my down jacket. Our air con not working for heat either - borrowed electric blanket... brrr. x

contactgav
20-Jul-2009
11:37:57 PM
the 2nd test result!!! and the 1st as well.

nmonteith
21-Jul-2009
8:57:08 AM
On 20/07/2009 Sarah Gara wrote:
>gutted that Oz is so flipping cold at night. I really didn't believe you
>guys that I'd need my down jacket. Our air con not working for heat either
>- borrowed electric blanket... brrr. x

So you've made it to Oz. Are you in Robinvalle yet? Been attacked by any dangerous critters yet?
kieranl
21-Jul-2009
4:30:07 PM
On 20/07/2009 Sarah Gara wrote:
>gutted that Oz is so flipping cold at night. I really didn't believe you
>guys that I'd need my down jacket.
Well, there had to be at least one piece of sound advice in all the BS.
And, trust us, it will get hot - unbelievably hot.

Sarah Gara
21-Jul-2009
5:33:08 PM
On 21/07/2009 nmonteith wrote:

>So you've made it to Oz. Are you in Robinvalle yet? Been attacked by any
>dangerous critters yet?

I was walking home yesterday and i swear i saw a drop bear in a tree - I kept my distance!

I have killed a redback -i went looking for him though loads of cobwebs in the porch so I cleared them and squished him - poor baby... but yuk! I also came across a fat spider but my neighbour came and looked at him for me and she said he was ok -so we put him on the grass to eat the flies...

I also saw a big ant by the river nimble little things...

Still on the look out for a Kangaroo and just heard a monkey outside but the girl in my office informs me it's a kookaburra x
mikl law
22-Jul-2009
12:54:52 PM
gutted that our euro predecessers chose to name a spot Robinvale, I'm sure it has a perfctly good local name, even if it means "flatness and nothing special". Come to nowra when you get sick of being cold. Neil M and I run a weeknd B+B special for cold climbers.

gordoste
22-Jul-2009
4:47:51 PM
drive out of town near the boundary between bush and farmland just before sunset and you're pretty sure to see kangaroos

ajfclark
22-Jul-2009
5:00:11 PM
On 22/07/2009 gordoste wrote:
>drive out of town near the boundary between bush and farmland just before sunset and you're pretty sure to see kangaroos

Borrow someone else's car and Murphy says you double your chances of seeing one...

Sarah Gara
22-Jul-2009
10:02:04 PM
On 22/07/2009 mikl law wrote:
>gutted that our euro predecessers chose to name a spot Robinvale, I'm sure
>it has a perfctly good local name, even if it means "flatness and nothing
>special".

Hey I'll have you know that Robinvale has the largest windmill in the southeren hemisphere

Come to nowra when you get sick of being cold. Neil M and I run
>a weeknd B+B special for cold climbers.

Hey be careful I may take you up on that offer not that much to do in Robinvale - after you've wondered at the windmill of course! x

IdratherbeclimbingM9
22-Jul-2009
10:54:21 PM
On 22/07/2009 mikl law wrote:
>gutted that our euro predecessers chose to name a spot Robinvale, I'm sure
>it has a perfctly good local name, even if it means "flatness and nothing special".

From the homework I have done, I think you are wrong. ☺
The aboriginal word Ngrobinghal (loosely translated as Robinvale by the early euro settlers), actually means ‘culture shock’...
Apparently it still has that effect on today’s visitors to its modern accoutrements...
;-P

Sarah Gara wrote 22/07/09:
>not that much to do in Robinvale –

Another wrong premise...
You can;

~ Help design bachelor and spinster ball stickers.
~ Identify suitable utes to put stickers on.
~ Help put stickers on utes.
~ Help inebriated ute drivers adjust their spotties to avoid roos on the burnout drive to the local riverbank campsite.
~ Think about tattoos that you would like, and why work seems to have such a hold on life.
~ Help carry beer from the ute to the campfire beerfest that is noisy enough to keep the nasty critters away..
~ Dream of a former life where aiding an awkward roof now seems an excellent thing to do.
~ Look forward to a visit to Arapiles where life becomes real again.
~ Think about a promised block of chocolate that will one day eventuate, from a climbing internet partner...

Heh x heh xheh x

Sarah Gara
23-Jul-2009
3:49:56 PM
On 22/07/2009 IdratherbeclimbingM9 wrote:

>~ Help design bachelor and spinster ball stickers.
>~ Identify suitable utes to put stickers on.
>~ Help put stickers on utes.
>~ Help inebriated ute drivers adjust their spotties to avoid roos on the
>burnout drive to the local riverbank campsite.
>~ Think about tattoos that you would like, and why work seems to have
>such a hold on life.
>~ Help carry beer from the ute to the campfire beerfest that is noisy
>enough to keep the nasty critters away..

I'm actually really glad you guys made me expect the worst. as it lowered my expectations so much that it's not half bad - but hey I've only been here a week so ask me again in a month.

>~ Dream of a former life where aiding an awkward roof now seems an excellent
>thing to do.

you know this is the longest I've not climbed since i started.

>~ Look forward to a visit to Arapiles where life becomes real again.
can't wait. Investigating the possibility of a trip the 15th August and joining the VCC on the 5th of Sept.

>~ Think about a promised block of chocolate that will one day eventuate,
>from a climbing internet partner...
>
I thought you'd forgotten - I look forward to it. Do I have to share it with NM or do we get one each? cheeky? me? ...x

IdratherbeclimbingM9
23-Jul-2009
10:59:24 PM
On 23/07/2009 Sarah Gara wrote:
re
>>~ Think about a promised block of chocolate that will one day eventuate, from a climbing internet partner...
>>
>I thought you'd forgotten - I look forward to it. Do I have to share it with NM or do we get one each? cheeky? me? ...x

You can share yours if you like as I have already donated to Safer Cliffs fund, & nm will be Ok for the moment, ... (though I'm sure wouldn't knock back further donation...). All I need is an addy to post it to (PM me!); due can't deliver in person as I'm more likely to travel nth for next climbing adventure than sth or wst. If you don't trust Aust. Post to deliver it unsullied, then you will have to wait an indeterminate length of time till I next go that direction, or travel yourself to Buffalo to climb / collect!

Sarah Gara
25-Jul-2009
8:16:22 PM
I'll wait. the post is just not the same...

MonkeyBoy
27-Jul-2009
9:17:19 AM
Didn't get out for a climb once this weekend - Lame !
WM
27-Jul-2009
4:55:11 PM
gutted that I re-tied all my cam slings, took delivery of shiny new .5 and .75 link cams and 3 more micro cams, stashed them carefully in my car with my 2nd newest rope ... then an unwitting "helper" put the whole lot on a petrol/lubricant/oil/chemical stained garage floor. Bye-bye hundreds of bucks worth of gear ...

anybody need a rope to make a doormat with?

Page 6 of 18. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 80 | 81 to 100 | 101 to 120 | 121 to 140 | 141 to 160 | 161 to 180 | 181 to 200 | 201 to 220 | 221 to 240 | 241 to 260 | 261 to 280 | 281 to 300 | 301 to 320 | 321 to 340 | 341 to 353
There are 353 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints