ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Page 5 of 6. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 80 | 81 to 100 | 101 to 107
Author
Mt Arapiles development
Jimminy clip it !!
21-Aug-2007
1:55:35 PM
I think concrete paths around the base of all the cliffs at Araps would be good .

Ralph

Diablo
21-Aug-2007
5:57:01 PM
lol, yeah, i agree, lets put a sidewalk all along the bottom of EVERY crag!!! that way any dipshit can get to the climbs without having to deal with that whole 'nature' thing getting in the way!

gimme a brake, go back to your gym, ya monkey
Jimminy clip it !!
22-Aug-2007
2:17:43 PM
>without having to deal with that whole 'nature' thing getting in the way!

(Ur lucky ) I like this bit , Pablo ...

Ralph

harold
22-Aug-2007
2:30:22 PM
so is the whole development issue dead and buried? What is the address for written submissions - Eduardo? anyone know?
That 30 grand spent on consultants could have built some mighty fine composting toilets and done away with the whole water crisis issue.
Jimminy clip it !!
22-Aug-2007
2:35:55 PM
HARO !!!! , mate , up here for thinking, son .... the 30 grand was PAID to them so they WOULDN'T recco any development ...

...population of Nati divided by 30G = pretty good value ....

..... SSSHHHSSSSS ;-)

Ralph

Diablo
22-Aug-2007
2:37:35 PM
if anything, i think the araps campground needs ...

nothing, its fackin awesome. i dont know why you would wanna make campin out there any less like camping?? i cant really imagine an arapiles with foot-paths everywhere, a four star shower/ toilet unit, or heaps of tourists walkin around everywhere.

araps is an abyss, its a place to go to get away from all the bullshit, its already developed enough, just leave it be.

if absolutly anything is to be done, its replanting of the areas that we crash through to get to the climbs, the unused paths covered, etc. also the bus times posted somewhere, online (for trip planning purposes) maybe another bus running from horsham to araps at night, so you dont have to leave melb so early to get there (via public transport).
Jimminy clip it !!
22-Aug-2007
2:46:02 PM
>araps is an abyss

???

Hmmmm ... many a soul has indeed fallen into the soul-destroying-too-many-days-wasting-away-in-the-pines-staring-at-the-camp-fire-and-theres-not-even-a-fire-lit abyss...

Hero-far-Q-2, was one who escaped, and now lives a sedate life in the nearby town ...... sustained by Simeys antics on the footy ground ..

Ralph
Access T CliffCare
22-Aug-2007
5:18:31 PM
Hi All,

Following the meeting at Natimuk, the VCC will be putting forward a submission outlining and supporting what was, resoundingly, the general consensus among the local and climbing community.....To protect Arapiles from any further development other than improving the basic amenities that are already in place. As has already been mentioned, data that was presented by the consultants pointed to what many already know about the area, the campground and its many users - that large scale development would not really be viable. Those that attended the meeting had the opportunity to then present the very human aspect of why this might be so. Regardless of statistics and the problems that Arapiles presents to those who might wish to develop it, those that use the area enjoy it for the natural, simple experience that it provides BECAUSE of its lack of development, its uninterrupted views and the feeling that much remains unchanged.

As well as the toilet/sewage problems that do need to be addressed,the area is suffering from environmental degradation. This again was high on everyones list and will also be one of the key points in our submission. People were not adverse to tourism being promoted and developed within Natimuk though
As the consultants said, all the information that was provided on the night will be taken into account when compiling their report. Although data indicated that large scale development might not be viable, this is still early days in the report and it is important that besides groups and bodies such as Arapiles Advisory Commitee, local community groups and the VCC putting forward submissions, as many people as possible put in their opinions.

Submissions will be accepted until Monday 17th September, 2007

By email - mountarapiles@parks.vic.gov.au

By post - The Project Manager,
Mt. Arapiles Feasability Study,
Parks Victoria,
Level 4, 402-406 Mair Street,
Ballarat. 3350

I also remember that was a possibility of an online questionnaire - I shall follow this up and let you know.

I have copies of the questionnaire provided by Connell Wagner on the night which will be available to anyone who wants one. I shall put some of these at the gyms.
I will be at Hardrock Climbing Gym on 28th August upstairs between 8 -9 if you want to discuss anything, more information and to use one of these forms. Hoping to do the same at Cliffhanger on either Wed. 29 or 30 August.

I'll stop there or I'll be waffling on forever.

Cheers,

Tracey Skinner
VCC Access & Environment Officer

M10iswhereitsat.
22-Aug-2007
5:23:17 PM
>those that use the area enjoy it for the natural, simple experience that it provides >BECAUSE of its lack of development, its uninterrupted views and the feeling that >much remains unchanged.

Good onya, love !!! THATS BUUUUUUUTIFUL !!!!! :D

IdratherbeclimbingM9
23-Aug-2007
10:24:18 AM
Access T wrote;
>I have copies of the questionnaire provided by Connell Wagner on the night which will be available to anyone who wants one. I shall put some of these at the gyms.

Is there any chance of posting them to this thread, so that others at a distance can make a better informed submission if the online questionare doesn't show up soon?

Thanks in anticipation.
:)
Access T CliffCare
24-Aug-2007
1:01:26 PM
On 23/08/2007 IdratherbeclimbingM9 wrote:
>Access T wrote;
>>I have copies of the questionnaire provided by Connell Wagner on the
>night which will be available to anyone who wants one. I shall put some
>of these at the gyms.
>
>Is there any chance of posting them to this thread, so that others at
>a distance can make a better informed submission if the online questionare
>doesn't show up soon?
>
>Thanks in anticipation.
>:)
Here is the list of questions that were provided on the questionnaire by the consultants Connell Wagner. It's a guide at least, but feel free to elaborate on what you feel is important. You can send this in to the email as well as the postal address that I supplied previously

1. What are the positive and negative aspects of the Mt. Arapiles State Park and its surrounds?

2. How would you like the park to be used and managed in the future?
Consider:
- Commercial operators
- Community uses
- Events
- Overnight stays

3. What improvements to existing facilities(if any) would you suggest are required to cater for park users in the next 5-10 years?
Consider:
- General day visitors
- Climbers
- Campers

4. Which of the facilities suggested in Q.3 should be located in the park?

5. What are your views on?
a) the provision of accommodation for park users.
b) where it should be located

I'm sure I can hear the sound of furiously clicking keyboards!

Cheers,
Tracey

IdratherbeclimbingM9
24-Aug-2007
2:37:46 PM
Many thanks Access T

>I'm sure I can hear the sound of furiously clicking keyboards!

The keyboard may be capable of making that kind of noise but my slow typing speed is inhibiting it to occasional eeps!
Access T CliffCare
24-Aug-2007
2:42:02 PM
More than welcome IdratherbeclimbingM9.

Phil Box
24-Aug-2007
4:40:37 PM
On 24/08/2007 IdratherbeclimbingM9 wrote:
>Many thanks Access T
>
>>I'm sure I can hear the sound of furiously clicking keyboards!
>
>The keyboard may be capable of making that kind of noise but my slow typing
>speed is inhibiting it to occasional eeps!

Another hand up here for the hunt and peck brigade. Now where was that x, oh there it is damn you x why do you have to hide down there on that side of the keyboard.
Access T CliffCare
27-Aug-2007
8:27:14 PM
Hi all,

I'll be at Cliffhanger on Wednesday 29th August, if anyone wants any info, questions etc.

Cheers,
Tracey Skinner
Access T CliffCare
30-Aug-2007
12:59:21 PM
Info and forms have been put up at the gyms if you need copies.
Access T CliffCare
27-Mar-2008
12:18:45 AM

The findings of the Mt Arapiles Feasability Study are now available.
To view: http://www.parkweb.vic.gov.au/resources/ms_0250.pdf

Dom
27-Mar-2008
11:18:37 AM
I wonder how much the tax payer had to shell out for connell wagner to let us know that there is no market for 4-5 star accom. and the mount needs multi lingual signage.
hero
27-Mar-2008
11:39:19 AM
50000, but they'll get it back in booking fees and increased site fees, so it's all cool.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
27-Mar-2008
12:08:27 PM
On 27/03/2008 Access T wrote:
>
>The findings of the Mt Arapiles Feasability Study are now available.
>To view: http://www.parkweb.vic.gov.au/resources/ms_0250.pdf

Interesting reading.
Many thanks for the link Access T.

Page 5 of 6. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 80 | 81 to 100 | 101 to 107
There are 107 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints