Page 4 of 5. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 80 | 81 to 89
Author
Bolting on lead
MR. REDZONE
18-May-2007
12:52:24 PM
bolting on lead.

are you for real???

It may come as a suprise to you but there have been other movies produced since CLIFFHANGER, that more accurately depict the climbing scene.

it may also be useful to remove the 3 buckets of sand that are obviously cemented in between your ears.

this will help you with rational thought and descision making.

tnd
18-May-2007
12:58:42 PM
Hey don't sugar-coat it Mr Redzone.

dougal
18-May-2007
2:08:02 PM
You need a hug dont you Mr Redzone.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
18-May-2007
2:29:19 PM
>You need a hug dont you Mr Redzone.
... more than that imo.
Heh, heh, heh.

>MR. REDZONE
~>apt monicker for a website troll.
There is always the thumbs-down icon in their user profile that readers can utilise.

wallwombat
18-May-2007
2:32:30 PM
On 13/05/2007 simey wrote:
>Mr Redzone... you are a c--khead.
>
>
>

and I tend to agree with him.
MR. REDZONE
19-May-2007
10:31:56 AM
dear wombly wall rat,

use of limited and offensive vocabulary only shows everyone else that you are not mentally equiped to respond to stressful situations and may lead people to think you are some what of a lummox.

dont tell me you are into pirate dress ups and sailing rope as well?

can you please confirm your existance by re-stating UR serious about bolting on lead?

I want to know that you are for real on this one?
I would love to get another laugh out of this.

how many times have you seen the movie cliff hanger??.
I think it has a place of pride in your video collection.

another video you would like is Vertical limit. its right up your alley aswell. it combines ice climbing and bungee jumping together. You could buy some ice tools and take them down to the pub with you on weekends to impress your homophile freinds!

Phil S
19-May-2007
12:40:53 PM
>On 19/05/2007 MR. REDZONE wrote:

>...dont tell me you are into pirate dress ups and sailing rope as well?

>can you please confirm your existance...

It's complicated for you, isn't it Mr Redzone?
MR. REDZONE
19-May-2007
1:53:56 PM
I just want to know if this wombat dude is serious?????

is he???
MR. REDZONE
19-May-2007
1:54:26 PM
bolting on lead is complicated.

I just want to know if this wombat dude is serious?????

is he???

dave h.
19-May-2007
2:03:23 PM
wombatwall is very serious.

Even more serious than Burt Bronson.

wallwombat
19-May-2007
2:36:45 PM
On 19/05/2007 MR. REDZONE wrote:
>bolting on lead is complicated.
>
>I just want to know if this wombat dude is serious?????
>
>is he???

Yes , I was serious.

The kind of sporadic bolting I am talking about doesn't warrant the use of a power drill.

And bolting on lead isn't that complicated. Find a stance or hang off a couple of hooks and bang away. Then bash in a carrot and Bob's ya uncle.

I was initially inquirering about whether the were better ways to do it.

MR REDZONE drop me a line . We should go for a climb sometime.

anthonyk
19-May-2007
7:00:16 PM
On 19/05/2007 MR. REDZONE wrote:
> I am a fool
>

come on, no need to be so harsh on yourself, it was an easy mistake to make

M10iswhereitsat.
19-May-2007
7:44:13 PM
On 19/03/2007 nmonteith wrote:
>People placed tiny rubbish carrots for a reason, the time needed to handrill
>the holes was shorter...

True, but in a lot of cases , the bolt was only needed to protect a short, cruxy section ... and not to protect the longer, easier run-out beyond that.

Plus there was a degree of ' moral trade-off ' ... if you DID take a big whipper, then you deserved the bolt to pull for placing it in the first place.
MR. REDZONE
20-May-2007
7:53:02 AM
I don't know if I'm into the sort of thing you would call "climbing"
wallace the wombat.

I like climbs where the 1st ascensionist puts in lots and lots of bolts over very short distances, and is coincidentally within close proximity to a cafe

i'm not sure if you have heard of this place, but its a fine example! its not far from your death adventure choss routes in the budawangs
http://www.climbing.com.au/crags/guide.php?page=nowra
TonyB
20-May-2007
9:56:27 AM
>bolting on lead is complicated.

I'm quite new to bolting. I've now put in a number of 10mm x 10cm glue in SS belay bolts into sandstone. I'm using a new 18v hammer drill (not a percussion drill). I used the best quality masonry bits I could find. I found drilling the holes took a LOT of time. Using a couple of smaller bits to drill guide holes, sped things up enormously. I find it hard to imagine how any of this could be done with a hand drill, let alone on a lead. Are there some drilling tricks I should know about that people might like to share ?
ghost
20-May-2007
10:12:02 AM
On 20/05/2007 TonyB wrote:
>Are there some drilling tricks I should know about that people might
>like to share ?

HHHHEEERRRRREEEEEE
climberman
20-May-2007
10:42:39 AM
Nowra is a place. Cafe is a store. Not the seperation of sentences; neither word does, nor should, appear in the same sentence. The best coffee in Nowra is drive through Macdonalds which is why Berry and Milton are much nicer for caffeine, even if they are a bit 'Bowral by the Sea'.
TonyB
20-May-2007
2:02:30 PM
Thanks ghost ... interesting article ... http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/environment/fspubs/84232602/page02.htm#drilling ... but if this is what you mean by "hand drilling", how do you hold the "steel" as well as a 4lb hammer while on a lead ? It sounds incredibly slow ?
climberman
20-May-2007
9:21:38 PM
wallwombles / M9iwia - if you ever want to make a social climb of it with the paddle + climb in the booooooondocks let me know, love to be involved. Might drag Ro into the mix as well.

Saw some interesting walls and rock from Mt Bushwalker when I was out there yesterday.

Fark Morton / Budawangs rocks.
drdeviousii
21-May-2007
12:49:33 AM
>I'm quite new to bolting. I've now put in a number of 10mm x 10cm glue
>in SS belay bolts into sandstone. I'm using a new 18v hammer drill (not
>a percussion drill). I used the best quality masonry bits I could find.
> I found drilling the holes took a LOT of time. Using a couple of smaller
>bits to drill guide holes, sped things up enormously. I find it hard to
>imagine how any of this could be done with a hand drill, let alone on a
>lead. Are there some drilling tricks I should know about that people might
>like to share ?

you need a ROTARY hammer drill. If hand drilling, well that's just hard work. Expect to take between 15 & 30mins+ for each hole.

Page 4 of 5. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 80 | 81 to 89
There are 89 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints