General Climbing Discussion

Page 3 of 3. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 47
Author
Plaque for Paul Carr on Taipan
Onsight
23-Aug-2004
9:51:22 AM
Cheers for following up Neil.

I was "disappointed" too when I saw the plaque there last year. Ugly big thing it is too.
dalai
1-Jun-2005
2:12:29 PM
Was the plaque ever removed?

As reported in http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,15471674%255E661,00.html three of his fellow SOG's summited Everest.
Onsight
1-Jun-2005
2:16:22 PM
Yeah. It was finally gone when I was there two months ago.
James
1-Jun-2005
11:07:34 PM
but the plaque plague has spread... today's Herald Sun had a front page story with the police placing
another plaque (in memory of the same guy) somewhere near Everest b.c.

alrob
2-Jun-2005
12:18:45 AM
On 1/06/2005 James wrote:
>but the plaque plague has spread... today's Herald Sun had a front page
>story with the police placing
>another plaque (in memory of the same guy) somewhere near Everest b.c.

damn retroplaquers!

cheesehead
2-Jun-2005
10:01:42 PM
(Neil's letter)

> I understand that
>a more suitable site has been identified outside the Park on private property.
Take!
3-Jun-2005
12:41:48 PM
Mikl wrote:
"There used to be a big welded cross of 2" waterpipe as a belay / rap anchor somewhere on the Three sisters as a memorial to Big Willis, a scout instructor."

I thought there was another one somewhere else too. I remember watching a '70s ABC doco about someone soloing and they climbed past a steel cross (about 2'x1') but it was bolted to a face. I thought this was in the Blueys, but I was very young at the time so I can't remember. I do remember watching the climber reach over and pat the cross.

"If I die I'll leave a few bucks to rebolt a climb, with "RIP" on the head. "

Nice idea! Don't worry I already have a heap of 10x100mm 316 hexbolts with your initial stamped on the head. I'll donate them to the estate, they're even filed for homemade hangers. It's the least we could do Mikl :)

Page 3 of 3. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 47
There are 47 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints