30-May-2003
12:18:21 PM
I have had this message from Andrew Dennis - a PV ranger in the grampians

>I've been "removing" (ground shooting) goats (260+) from the park for about
>20 months now. I do a bit of homework collecting information form various
>sources and go out for a few days and look for and destroy them. I'm also
>looking to set up some water traps in some parts of the park, probably the
>Vic Range.

Andrew is looking for info from climbers on where we have seen fresh evidence of goats.

you can contact him at ADENNIS@parks.vic.gov.au or through cliffcare.

john

nmonteith
30-May-2003
12:33:42 PM
We saw heaps of Goats up at The Terraces (above Rural Rocks) in 2001.

tmarsh
30-May-2003
12:41:14 PM
"If it's feral - it's in peril"

The only sticker on the back of a hotted up ute I've ever agreed with.

tim
Robin
30-May-2003
6:40:15 PM
The huge pile of shit at the base of Crystal Palace is appearantly Goat droppings. I heard this third hand coming from Andrew Dennis so it shouldn't be new news to him.
kieranl
30-May-2003
10:32:20 PM
The Vic Range is overrun with with goats. Magic Mountain has a feature that I called "The Stinking Cave". It was full of droppings plus a dead baby goat. It's the same aspect as Crystal Palace (eat-facing, sheltered from prevailing weather) so not really surprising.
Matty
3-Jun-2003
12:52:49 PM
quick, get my gumboots and velcro gloves
joemor
3-Jun-2003
3:10:08 PM
moohahaha
kieranl
3-Jun-2003
10:46:22 PM
Pardon?? I haven't a clue what this response is about.

shiltz
4-Jun-2003
12:30:02 PM
Probably better that way I suspect.
kieranl
9-Jun-2003
11:01:27 PM
Why? You seem to be in on a joke that I am not privy to. I hope that you continue to find it funny. IMHO private jokes at someone else's expense tend to come back and bite you.

phil_nev
10-Jun-2003
1:50:22 AM
Is there anyhting that dosnt offend kieran?????

Joe laughed at the velcro gloves joke.... (moohahaha) 'depicts evil chuckle'.. laughing whatever...

And all of a sudden your offended... No one is making you the butt of thier joke... just chill out man!

Phil

tmarsh
10-Jun-2003
9:37:23 AM
This has gone on too long. Private jokes about goats and gloves shouldn't be allowed on Chockstone or anywhere else for that matter.

Kieran - as far as I can tell, it boils down to this.

Some people, either by preference or necessity, have sexual intercourse with animals. Mammals, with body temperatures similar to ours, and generally compatible sexual organs, are the animal of choice. Matching the size of the animal to the person is important, therefore animals in a certain size range tend to be preferred. Goats - and I might add, sheep - are within the acceptable size range.

Not all animals can be counted on to willingly and fully participate in the act of sexual love with a man, so some practitioners have taken to using novel means to ensure the animal does not slip their clutches. Gloves, faced with the 'hook' surface from velcro, allow a secure purchase on the flanks of the animal. This works particularly well with rough coated animals such as goats.

Gumboots are often necessary as such animals favour muddy and/or faeces rich environments. It's a matter of basic hygene really.

There. that should clear a few things up. In future, I would ask that all jokes or humerous references on chockstone be fully explained. It makes it much funnier and doesn't disadvantage anyone.

Cheers,
Tim

ps: everything I've said above should be read with a big 'or so I'm told'.
joemor
10-Jun-2003
11:19:38 AM
nice reply tim... tho the gum boots are for the back legs.......... or so im told.......

hardcore
10-Jun-2003
11:33:30 AM
Better watch your back - or should I say your butt, with this lot around Keiran - if you get my drift.

phil_nev
10-Jun-2003
12:28:21 PM
Tim is funny........

Donut King
10-Jun-2003
2:52:03 PM
Tim,

I applaud your research and i dont think the caveat at the end fooled anyone.

I didnt relaise that goats were willing participants in such acts!

Nonetheless, Kieran is no doubt much more wiser than before.....

all part of the "educational experience" here at chockstone.edu.au

DK

shiltz
10-Jun-2003
3:25:31 PM
Tried to warn you Kieran ;-)
Thanks for that thorough and "well researched" explanation Tim.

hardcore
10-Jun-2003
3:40:53 PM
Hey, does anybody know if the Park Ranger wears gumboots when he's chasing the goats - if he is - given he's caught 264+ so far - he'd be getting mighty tired by now.

tmarsh
10-Jun-2003
3:46:45 PM
I should add that any such conduct is frowned upon by The Powers That Be:

s. 59 (1) of the Crimes Act 1958 says:

A person must not commit an act of bestiality.

Such offending carries with it a penalty of up to 5 years imprisonment. Consent is not a defence.

Cheers,
Tim
BA
10-Jun-2003
4:39:58 PM
Baaaa, humbug.

Page 1 of 4. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 70
There are 70 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints