Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Page 2 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 28
Author
Favourite or best boulder problems

mousey
8-Nov-2004
2:59:48 PM
well i could always come up to the glen?! since the araps trip got f*ked i have plenty of time to spend in blackheath.
anyone got beta for 4X?
Goodvibes
8-Nov-2004
3:10:19 PM
What happened to Araps?? did you just end up putting off after being advised it would be too hot? There are far worse places to spend the summer climbing than the Blueys.

I don't think a guide exists but I could show you a few problems at XXXX if you like. Nice place really with a relatively small but varied number of problems on some pretty nice rock, fantastic view. Not sure when I will be there next but give me a yell here or at cragX and maybe we could meet up.

Breezy
8-Nov-2004
3:20:26 PM
bah XXXX is pretty boring.
head to the Cox's river if you can handle the 40 min walk in, 1 hour walk out.
Or glenbrook gorge, much more variety than XXXX.
IMO
Goodvibes
8-Nov-2004
3:26:46 PM
XXXX is ok for an after work session or if you don't have much time but yeah I agree it isn't the most extensive area ever.

For sure the Coxs river is better, a little warm now though but by far the best bouldering area in the Blueys.

mousey
8-Nov-2004
3:29:55 PM
araps- my partner for the trip forgot to sign off the time at work so a couple weeks ago he came to me and said 'sorry but if i go ill lose my job'. then i thought i was saved when the very next day jj asked if i wanted to go to araps (leaving only on day later), and i was in for that but then he had something with his knee come up so he pushed the trip to start the day after i finished my hsc- perfect except that i promised mum i would stay home for a week after the exams to fix up my room before going climbing...anyway thats my sad story, but when i get back from abroad ill do the long stint there so that thought keeps me sane
that'd be cool re:4X, or wherever i guess im gonna go to that NZAC thing on the 24th then ill leave that night for blueys and stay there for a couple weeks hopefully, ill email ya re: hookin up for a climb when it gets closer
Duncan
8-Nov-2004
3:46:03 PM
Just to the right of that line: from memory, working right from the climb in the pic you have a 4, then the 8, then a really nice crimpy 3.

(In reply to jackie on the previous page)
Duncan
8-Nov-2004
3:51:49 PM
On 8/11/2004 Breezy wrote:
>bah XXXX is pretty boring.
>head to the Cox's river if you can handle the 40 min walk in, 1 hour walk
>out.
>Or glenbrook gorge, much more variety than XXXX.
>IMO

Can you give us some beta on the Cox's River bouldering?

Breezy
8-Nov-2004
3:57:03 PM
Drive to 6 foot track in Megalong valley
Follow track for approx 40mins
When you see river off too your right and down a STEEP hill, run down to river and begin bouldering.
Once you leave the track you are on private property so be wary.
I havent been down there since recent rain so some probs may be underwater or partly covered.
Walk out is a giant pain in the ass, bashing back up the hill.
Established boulders are spread out, much much much potential up and down river.
area test peice "Dusk till Dawn" (v13/14, G Miller FA) is quite obvious once you find it (about 10min down river from where you comne down the steep hill)

Page 2 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 28
There are 28 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints