HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Author
Some modern climbing gear on Gumtree....
gnarly_rider
24-Jan-2019
5:38:39 PM
Do you think its a bargain at $25??

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/doncaster/other-sports-fitness/rock-climbers-gear/1202772254?utm_source=criteo&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=LF4-other_sports_fitness&utm_content=163436_18314

Looks like some stuff I cleared out of the darkest corners of the MUMC gear store 25 years ago..... ;D
armstp
24-Jan-2019
6:02:05 PM
Wow..that's an amazing collection. Belongs in a museum. Those old home made wires, I had a few of those in the 70s.

A bargain at half the price.
dalai
24-Jan-2019
6:09:01 PM
On 24-Jan-2019 armstp wrote:
>Those old home
>made wires, I had a few of those in the 70s.

Look like Bashie's. And a great rack for a North Wall FA!
Ithomas
24-Jan-2019
6:24:51 PM
Not home made wires at all. Forrest ‘Copperheads’.

Duang Daunk
25-Jan-2019
6:11:18 AM
Hey bro’s kuu, BA, M9, and maybe a couple of others, here’s your chance to upgrade your rack on the cheap!
marky
27-Jan-2019
2:09:27 PM
I ended up buying the gear. There is a heap of Chouinard, Leeper, Peck and Clog gear.

Really cool stuff!
dalai
28-Jan-2019
9:22:40 AM
On 27-Jan-2019 marky wrote:
>I ended up buying the gear. There is a heap of Chouinard, Reeper, Peck
>and Clog gear.
>
>Really cool stuff!

Nice! Hammer ascent of Ozy on the cards?
marky
28-Jan-2019
10:32:18 AM
Martin, I’d love too so much but I don’t think I could bring myself to scarring the rock on Ozy any further....

what’s the go these days with this style of aid?

Is it all clean aid ascents nowadays?

IdratherbeclimbingM9
28-Jan-2019
11:02:05 AM
On 28-Jan-2019 marky wrote:
>Martin, I’d love too so much but I don’t think I could bring myself to
>scarring the rock on Ozy any further....
>
>what’s the go these days with this style of aid?
>
>Is it all clean aid ascents nowadays?

Yes, and has been for at least three decades now...

>Reeper
... Leeper.
Fixtit4ya!
marky
28-Jan-2019
11:18:55 AM
Thanks M9,

I thought so.

Thanks for the correction, damn auto spell...
lacto
29-Jan-2019
6:16:44 AM
must have been 77 or 78 we took a huge collection of MUMC hardware which was no longer being used at buffalo to Rolling Stone Wall for a play as to quote Nick 'No-one cares about scars there " probably pretty true as not visited often these days with ti access from below blocked by the landowner
dalai
29-Jan-2019
11:22:55 AM
On 28-Jan-2019 marky wrote:
>Martin, I’d love too so much but I don’t think I could bring myself to scarring the rock on Ozy any further...

Fully agree Marky. Was on a fishing expedition seeing if I could hook an M9... ;-)
marky
29-Jan-2019
12:45:32 PM
Martin,

I would say the expedition was a success!

You even bagged the “trophy fish”!!!! :)

IdratherbeclimbingM9
29-Jan-2019
4:34:57 PM
On 29-Jan-2019 marky wrote:
>Martin,
>
>I would say the expedition was a success!
>
>You even bagged the “trophy fish”!!!! :)

Fair enough.
~> Caught hook, line & sinker...
... but it wasn’t so much dalai, as your collusion with him that sucked me in!
Heh, heh, heh.

PS. I wondered at the time that you hadn’t read the admonishments in the 2006 (or previous) Mt Buffalo guidebooks, so answered in good faith assuming you might not be the only one with that mindset.

@ DD
>here’s your chance to upgrade your rack on the cheap!

Already have too much rack bro.
Going to have to part my excess out to museums over time, so as not to flood the market!
;-)

There are 14 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints