Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Page 1 of 3. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 43
Author
Is Chockstone going the way of Crag X* ?

IdratherbeclimbingM9
18-Dec-2017
6:00:34 PM
Chocky started 6 Jun 2002 at 5:35:33 PM ...

Yesterday 17 Dec 2017 was the first day in its history that it did not have a post made to it, although about 90 people logged in to check out the non-action...

In the last couple of months we have been down to a couple of posts on some days, and sometimes even spammers have provided some light reading material!

Even the resident trolls have been quiet lately...

What's going on?

(* I note a recent [sic] thread on Crag X titled The Graveyard, and a comment within suggesting it's a memorial Site!)
mikllaw
18-Dec-2017
6:37:08 PM
local FB groups now supply much of the much-needed ego swelling tomfoolery

rodw
18-Dec-2017
7:39:54 PM
To be fair Crag x was never at chocky status...its only up because Im to lazy to take it down :)

salty crag
18-Dec-2017
8:02:29 PM
All things have their day but also some things have peaks and troughs. I don't drop in to chocky anywhere near as much as I used too but I still like to check out the action now and then and would be really sad if chockstone drifted away. I kinda hope its just a down period and things will rebound in the near future.

I agree with the comment re Facebook as the slowly expanding crew of people I climb and train with have our own little messenger group and post messages and pics to that, which is great but also a tad insular.

I'm guilty of not posting for ages and being a tad lazy in that I have never bothered to work out how to upload photo's to chocky. If I had I could have posted pics of the coastal climbing we did tonight. 7 of us hit up the "Shellgrit" bouldering wall this evening in warm but beautiful conditions and had a ball. Great session in one of the most picturesque places one could ever climb. One day I'll bite the bullet and post pics of this spot if chocky's still alive.
widewetandslippery
18-Dec-2017
8:15:43 PM
do you say that to the missus?

ajfclark
19-Dec-2017
6:06:06 AM
I think the issues with "suspicious posts", not being able to easily link videos, images, etc have pushed people away to other forums (mostly facebook) where things are easier.

That and I've been pouring more time into pinball than climbing so most of my forum energy has been going elsewhere.
dalai
19-Dec-2017
6:15:19 AM
Pretty sure there have been many lulls over the years. Xmas and warmer weather usually means people are out and about and not procrastinating as much inside due to the cold/wet/dark...
One Day Hero
19-Dec-2017
11:30:36 AM
For my part, I've simply run out of material. Can't think of anything interesting or funny to say about climbing which hasn't been said before (there's probably quite a few people who think I never had anything interesting or funny to say in the first place).

I should write some trip reports, but it takes way more effort than ripping on some bumblie who asks a silly question.

Wasn't Stu going to write a T.R. about Malaysia? What happened to that?
dalai
19-Dec-2017
11:51:27 AM
Post some TR's ODH! Would be good to hear what you and others are doing up North.

If Stu isn't posting using one of his many personas then that would explain a huge drop in volume!
One Day Hero
19-Dec-2017
12:44:28 PM
I just chucked one up which I'd prepared earlier.

Eduardo Slabofvic
19-Dec-2017
1:53:10 PM
On 19-Dec-2017 dalai wrote:
>Post some TR's ODH! Would be good to hear what you and others are doing
>up North.
>
>If Stu isn't posting using one of his many personas then that would explain
>a huge drop in volume!

I thought I was the only person on here that wasn't Spewgang

ChuckNorris
19-Dec-2017
3:05:18 PM
No you are me too.
Jayford4321
19-Dec-2017
5:48:32 PM
>If Stu isn't posting using one of his many personas then that would explain a huge drop in volume!

Stu’s got persona?
Thatz newz 2 both Liza and me, but what I can’t undastand is why my frend Ed has slowed up posting coz he usually the bold one, ‘cept when simez around Koochung to do that wot he calls mantle.

Eduardo Slabofvic
20-Dec-2017
8:29:19 AM
On 19-Dec-2017 Stugang wrote:
>No you are me too.

Thanks for clarifying that. I always wondered why I am so damned attractive.

MisterGribble
20-Dec-2017
9:20:45 AM
On 20-Dec-2017 Eduardo Slabofvic wrote:
>On 19-Dec-2017 Stugang wrote:
>>No you are me too.
>
>Thanks for clarifying that. I always wondered why I am so damned attractive.

When did this happen ??
(this is Chockstone, not Tinder)

Eduardo Slabofvic
20-Dec-2017
2:04:20 PM
On 20-Dec-2017 MisterGribble wrote:
>On 20-Dec-2017 Eduardo Slabofvic wrote:
>>On 19-Dec-2017 Stugang wrote:
>>>No you are me too.
>>
>>Thanks for clarifying that. I always wondered why I am so damned attractive.
>
>When did this happen ??
>(this is Chockstone, not Tinder)

Try telling Simey that

ChuckNorris
20-Dec-2017
6:22:00 PM
The total lack of convenience for posting photos is a real issue. I’ve had a few Asia related climbing things I thought would be interesting and helpful for a few folk. The hassle of uploading pics turned me off.

I also had a few unhelpful things I wanted to upload so net net the world is probably a better place
Whippet
24-Dec-2017
2:18:27 PM
I anticipate a resurgence of activity in the near future.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
22-Jan-2018
6:59:40 AM
On 18-Dec-2017 mikllaw wrote:
>local FB groups now supply much of the much-needed ego swelling tomfoolery

A couple of comments about that on another Chocky thread ...
One from Martym, and one from ajfclark.

On 24-Dec-2017 Whippet wrote:
>I anticipate a resurgence of activity in the near future.

If you were referring to the Kaputar Liberation thread, then it didn't raise as much comment as I expected it too...
White Trash
1-Mar-2018
1:24:39 PM
Chockstone is now the matronly aunt, kind of quiet and reserved and fading into the background, so you are right M9.
Peeps that used to have gnarl like ODH, stugang, simey and Eduardo seldom post anything any more so there’s nothing contentious for other peeps like Wendy or bigchris to take them to task over.

The Kaputar (where the fuchsia is that again? an while I’m at it whatever happened to bomberpro dude who I discovered when I read historical posts?), debolting thread didn’t raise the post count as someone predicted because most people agree that it was the right thing to do, even if they never been there.

I disagree with bigchris about gnaguts being a turn off cos he’s about the only one injecting a bit of life into aunty Chockstone by spiking her tea from time to time.

Page 1 of 3. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 43
There are 43 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints