Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Page 1 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 27
Author
O T - How do we vote?
Andy P
24-Aug-2017
1:22:34 PM
Weren't we all meant to get a form in the mail for the yes/no same sex marriage thing by now?
Ideas anyone please?
Ta,
AP.
kieranl
24-Aug-2017
2:12:19 PM
If I remember rightly, not being posted until around September 10th. So you should receive it sometime within about 4 weeks after that depending on OzPost service (for want of a better word).

Superstu
24-Aug-2017
4:43:25 PM
Tonight is the last night to enrol to vote if you haven't already

http://www.aec.gov.au/enrol/?CMP=soc_568

ChuckNorris
24-Aug-2017
5:57:47 PM
? What if your os? My dads getting all my mail should I get him to vote for me? (haha)

I haven't been following it much but this is a totally fckd way of going about it.

rodw
24-Aug-2017
5:58:35 PM
On 24-Aug-2017 Andy P wrote:
>Weren't we all meant to get a form in the mail for the yes/no same sex

Can you vote if you have dual citizenship? :)
Andy P
24-Aug-2017
10:19:20 PM
On 24-Aug-2017 kieranl wrote:
>If I remember rightly, not being posted until around September 10th. So
>you should receive it sometime within about 4 weeks after that depending
>on OzPost service (for want of a better word).

But it said on the wireless the other day it was 31st August Kieranl.
Andy P
24-Aug-2017
10:25:44 PM
On 24-Aug-2017 rodw wrote:

>Can you vote if you have dual citizenship? :)

Great Q rodw.
Apparently the public consensus goes back to the pollies to vote on based on 'our' views anyway and will cost us - the tax payers $120MIL+.
Far as I'm concerned, no form no vote.
Harrumph,
AP.
kieranl
25-Aug-2017
6:53:58 AM
On 24-Aug-2017 Andy P wrote:
>On 24-Aug-2017 kieranl wrote:
>>If I remember rightly, not being posted until around September 10th.
>So
>>you should receive it sometime within about 4 weeks after that depending
>>on OzPost service (for want of a better word).
>
>But it said on the wireless the other day it was 31st August Kieranl.

On "the wireless", Andy? Have you changed any of the valves recently?

Anyway I stumbled across this great new tool this morning. It's called the internet, have no idea where it sprang from, and it spat out the information below :

The ABS will send the forms over a two-week period from September 12.

WHAT IF I'M AWAY DURING THE VOTING PERIOD?

Contact the ABS information line. You can arrange to have the form sent to a nominated address or authorise another person to vote for you. In limited circumstances, voters will be able to lodge a paperless response using a secure access code.

If your survey is lost or damaged you can ask for a replacement up until October 18.

The ABS is strongly encouraging voters to return their forms by October 27. Forms received after November 7 will be deemed invalid.
Andy P
25-Aug-2017
12:02:36 PM

>Anyway I stumbled across this great new tool this morning. It's called
>the internet, have no idea where it sprang from, and it spat out the information
>below :
>

>27. Forms received after November 7 will be deemed invalid.

Wow keiranl, where can I find an internet then please? I only asked a week or so ago about finding the App store on Collins or Bourke Sts and no-one flippin' helped.
I'll be asleep all day on Oct 27th as turning 54 on the 26th and with luck it'll be in a cell at the Cairns police stn and does that mean we get off Scot free for not voting?

widewetandslippery
25-Aug-2017
12:15:45 PM
its not compulsory

MisterGribble
25-Aug-2017
1:12:50 PM
On 25-Aug-2017 Andy P wrote:

> and with luck it'll be in a cell at the Cairns police stn and does that mean we get off Scot free for not voting?

I'm not bailing you out again.......
kieranl
25-Aug-2017
2:44:29 PM
On 25-Aug-2017 widewetandslippery wrote:
>its not compulsory

and it's not a vote. It's a non-rigorous, non-binding opinion poll. And it may not happen, depending on what the High Court says about the funding mechanism.

But if it does happen, take the time to tick the box and drop it back in the post. The govt have stalled this thing for long enough.

ChuckNorris
25-Aug-2017
7:52:19 PM
Ta k-bomb for your response to my search. I am aware of the internet but for environmental reasons i prefer chockstone over google as a search engine.

And by the way AndyP the frikken App Store is on your phone all the time.
Jayford4321
26-Aug-2017
3:57:18 PM
On 25-Aug-2017 Stugang wrote:
>And by the way AndyP the frikken App Store is on your phone all the time.

Yup. E woz sandbagged bigtime.
Luv Ur timing in tellin im!
Andy P
27-Aug-2017
7:33:34 AM
On 25-Aug-2017 MisterGribble wrote:
>On 25-Aug-2017 Andy P wrote:
>
>> and with luck it'll be in a cell at the Cairns police stn ,,,
>I'm not bailing you out again.......

For those who've not read Punk in the Gym, the 'bailing out' Mr Gribble alludes to relates to my first ever internal flight [Melb to Syd] where I was visiting Mr Grib. I got arrested by the Feds, marched off the plane and interrogated by a good cop & a bad one but he came to my aid. Hilarious.
kieranl
7-Sep-2017
12:40:22 PM
Da High Court has spoken today and quiz night (or month) is to go ahead.

The Australian Electoral Commission Australian Bureau of Statistics will start mailing stuff next week. Aust Post will then deliver it at some time, Inshallah.

Please tick the Yes box and return promptly.

The High Court so far has just given it's findings on the matters before it, with detailed reasoning to come later. Trust me, that order is correct. If you wish to understand the arguments that went before the High Court then you can't go far wrong with "The Hunting Of The Snark".
Andy P
7-Sep-2017
2:04:14 PM
Indeed kieranl

One of Lewis Carroll's finest ,,, ta.
Jayford4321
11-Sep-2017
4:53:37 PM
On 24-Aug-2017 Stugang wrote:
> I haven't been following it much but this is a totally fckd way of going about it.

ThinkN bout it, itz not so fckd , az iz excelent way of assesN tha numba of homophobZ in Oz, an tony rabbit will use tha numba 2 gage hiz chancZ of turninthabull.

Superstu
13-Sep-2017
5:15:56 AM
how to take part in the scientifically dubious democracyesque activity with Ken the hen Gender Ambigious Chicken
Andy P
20-Sep-2017
6:32:22 PM
In reply to kieranl's >Please tick the Yes box and return promptly statement:
>

Well, I ticked *one* box and mailed it back as the form requested.
Fat lot of good it'll probably do though ....

Page 1 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 27
There are 27 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints