Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Author
O T - Bl**dy scamming b*strds!
Andy P
21-Jul-2017
1:07:44 PM
Beware: Sob story ahead:

A couple of months ago I had a knock on the door - which I ignored as usual, but it persisted.
Upon angrily opening the door expecting to scream "f*ck off will you" I was met with a vision of complete and utter beauty - a sales lass from Al*nta Energy [I'm with another retailer].
Anyway, the long and the short of it was that she was getting rained on and all the heat was flowing out of the house so she [gladly] stepped inside. She noticed my ciggies and said she was hangin' for one - a proper, plunger coffee too and sat down comfortably while I obliged.
I had a climbing vid on pause and she said she'd love to try it one day [not Tommy Caldwell's Dawn Wall obviously]
I signed my consent for them to *send me an offer* for cheaper gas & 'leccie.
"This is NOT giving your permission to switch to us" the 24yr old German backpacker goddess assured, nay, *guaranteed* me so fine, why not, they're 2/3 cheaper?
We hung out for another twenty minutes chatting & flirting but then she dropped the "BF" word so another potential future ex-girlfriend was lost.
To compound my disappointment I just received a massive bill from 'them' *yet I never took up their offer* [or got the girl] so Woe is definitely me!

Moral of the story?
You decide.
Cheers,
AP.

Duang Daunk
21-Jul-2017
1:18:21 PM
I thought after reading your book, that you'd be getting a bit old for that sort of shit, err caper, bro.
lacto
21-Jul-2017
1:58:00 PM
the energy ombudsman works wonders , if it isn't resolved by them after the first contact it goes back to the ombudsman for him to adjudicate this process is charged to the energy provider. I believe it is of the order off $1000 so they are keen to come to an agreement before a judgement is made
Andy P
21-Jul-2017
2:09:07 PM
Ha D D,
Never too old to fall for the delightfulness of a pretty lass.
I complained and the bill's just been rescinded. The guy advised "the salesperson will be spoken to" and refused to pass on her mobile number, the miserable sod.

MisterGribble
23-Jul-2017
9:12:53 AM
Oh the ways of a man and a maid, and the aggressive sales tactics of utility companies !!!
Karl Bromelow
25-Jul-2017
11:44:05 AM
No pretty maiden in my tale sadly. I was working on the front deck of my house one day when a fella walks up my steep driveway and introduces himself as representing some energy company.

I say, "If you're selling something I'm not interested." He, of course says he's not and then proceeds to try and sell me something. I remind him that I have no interest in what he has to sell. He continues to try to sell it to me. I tell him in a fairly irate manner to get off my land. He continues to try to sell. I get angry, snap and yell at him to "get the f*ck off my land!"

He finally backs off down the driveway with the parting comment, while nodding at the Daihatsu in my car port, that he can't believe I don't want to save money when I drive a car like that. I'm sure many would have knocked his block off for that. Ar*ehole!
kieranl
25-Jul-2017
12:22:47 PM
From ACCC (aka Toothless Tiger) site

Door-to-door salespeople are not allowed to visit you:

on Sundays or public holidays
before 9am or after 6pm on weekdays
before 9am or after 5pm on Saturdays.

The salesperson must:

tell you that you can ask them to leave
leave immediately if you ask them to and not return for 30 days.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
25-Jul-2017
6:25:50 PM
On 25/07/2017 kieranl wrote:
>From ACCC (aka Toothless Tiger) site
>
>Door-to-door salespeople are not allowed to visit you:
>
>on Sundays or public holidays
>before 9am or after 6pm on weekdays
>before 9am or after 5pm on Saturdays.
>
>The salesperson must:
>
>tell you that you can ask them to leave
>leave immediately if you ask them to and not return for 30 days.

Hmm. Does this also apply to religious groups, as technically they are not 'selling' anything, but can be equally annoying persistent*.

(*They have arrived on my doorstep often enough that I know they have taken notes on previous conversations so as to take up where they left off; ... but lately the new arrivals seem not to have conversed with the former ones, as in, "No, sorry I'm not interested, and perhaps your time would be better spent elsewhere!")
martym
25-Jul-2017
8:55:32 PM
On 25/07/2017 IdratherbeclimbingM9 wrote:
>On 25/07/2017 kieranl wrote:
>>From ACCC (aka Toothless Tiger) site
>>
>>Door-to-door salespeople are not allowed to visit you:
>>
>>on Sundays or public holidays
>>before 9am or after 6pm on weekdays
>>before 9am or after 5pm on Saturdays.
>>
>>The salesperson must:
>>
>>tell you that you can ask them to leave
>>leave immediately if you ask them to and not return for 30 days.
>
>Hmm. Does this also apply to religious groups, as technically they are
>not 'selling' anything, but can be equally annoying persistent*.
>
>(*They have arrived on my doorstep often enough that I know they have
>taken notes on previous conversations so as to take up where they left
>off; ... but lately the new arrivals seem not to have conversed with the
>former ones, as in, "No, sorry I'm not interested, and perhaps your time
>would be better spent elsewhere!")
Report them to God.

ajfclark
26-Jul-2017
9:12:39 AM
I tell them that I don't deal with people door-to-door and ask them to leave.
Then I inform them that they are trespassing.
Then I tell them I will call the police if they don't leave.
Then I call the police.

Only the Red Cross has got to step 4.
widewetandslippery
26-Jul-2017
9:14:03 AM
When in Sydney I had a lot. The religious groups were a problem as I dealt with the Witness community at work so couldn't set Francis the pig dog on a customer. Otherwise I and blatently rude to the point the beggers have called the police around, they say we have a complaint you threatened so and so. I
deny it. They leave. The door knocker is never seen again

salty crag
26-Jul-2017
8:52:24 PM
Interesting topic, hard sell and religious evangelism are both pet hates. Finished a rather tough run of nightshifts and finally got to the sanctity of bed when I heard a knock at the door. Against better judgement I crawled out of bed, put on some jocks and opened the front door a crack, and blow me down AP, a gorgeous blond (plus a weasley little guy). I informed them that I had not slept in living memory, had no tolerance nor humour, not interested in anything they were trying to sell and would they please piss off and let me sleep.
The guy galled me a bit by telling me I should hang a sign on my front door stating shift worker in mean mood but the blonde calmed things down. She talked to me for a few minutes about the plight of the whales "everyone wants to save the whales", sold me a book with a picture of a whale on the front and then left.
I jumped back in bed but instead of closing the eyes I peeked at the book. Cover = Whales and diminishing numbers, the rest of the book = Adventist theories on why we are all doomed and the one chance of eternal light. End of story we did not get bothered again for a few years. Not just my house but our entire street. I don't think the blonde and her sidekick really enjoyed being chased for a couple of blocks by an enraged, feral, sleep deprived madman in nothing but his jocks screaming obsenities.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
26-Jul-2017
9:00:26 PM
On 26/07/2017 widewetandslippery wrote:
>When in Sydney I had a lot. The religious groups were a problem as I dealt
>with the Witness community at work so couldn't set Francis the pig dog
>on a customer. Otherwise I and blatently rude to the point the beggers
>have called the police around, they say we have a complaint you threatened
>so and so.
>I deny it. They leave.
The door knocker is never seen again

With the advent of new technology such as body cameras, hidden microphones, etc, I suspect your strategy might not be so effective in the future...

Hey AP, below is a link to a 2015 Chockstone read for you that is kind of related to your (this) threads topic...

The official 'I claim the record' thread.
widewetandslippery
26-Jul-2017
9:41:33 PM
M9, I remember that one, well played.

ajfclark
27-Jul-2017
3:28:15 PM
I love that this guy set up a phone system to handle telemarketers, and then records them and puts them on youtube: http://www.jollyrogertelco.com/
Andy P
28-Jul-2017
10:30:03 AM
Hilarious! Ta.

There are 16 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints