11% 
But I had it, except I messed up my foot beta 2
7% 

Author
Punters treating 'The Crag' as climbing Strava
One Day Hero
9-Mar-2017
12:27:16 PM
So, I thought it was generally understood that thecrag.com is an online guidebooky thing for sharing current route info, updates, etc.

Apparently it is also for logging every single fuching redpoint burn, and the boring minutia of what some retard thought they did wrong this time (hint: by shot number 10, the likely answer is that you're just too weak and shit!)

Also, it seems The Crag is now for logging endurance training laps individually. Ticking it once, and writing x10 would not be sufficiently accurate. Fark!

dan_b
9-Mar-2017
12:37:33 PM
Don't forget the gym laps. Saw a "three star red 21" the other day.

rodw
9-Mar-2017
1:49:55 PM
Did someone tick your new route with a top rope tick and gave it don't bother..hence the rage?
Wendy
9-Mar-2017
6:22:34 PM
Damo, you should give up that work and go climbing again so you can work some of this grumpiness out of your system. I just have a quiet giggle out of the endless laps ticked and congratulate people on their OCD. The gym routes on there particularly amuse me. I am thinking of recording Mishka's ascent of the North West Arete of the Cat Tower. But despite that, thecrag is a multipurpose tool. I personally find it most useful that i can get info on stuff not in guidebooks or that I want further beta on, but it is also a log book and at least you aren't getting notifications whenever anybody logs anything. Although some people might like that. I find it bad enough that endless messages appear in my dashboard whenever someone posts anything about anywhere I have climbed.
gfdonc
9-Mar-2017
8:41:05 PM
On 9/03/2017 One Day Hero wrote:
>So, I thought it was generally understood that thecrag.com is an online
>guidebooky thing for sharing current route info, updates, etc.

Good in theory but unmoderated, unverified and unedited. Use with caution.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
9-Mar-2017
9:51:13 PM
>Punters treating 'The Crag' as climbing Strava

Quite understandable really...
Because they say if it's not on Strava, then it didn't happen!

Heh, heh, heh.
One Day Hero
11-Mar-2017
6:12:00 PM
On 9/03/2017 Wendy wrote:
>but it
>is also a log book and at least you aren't getting notifications whenever
>anybody logs anything.

You know which other site is great as a logbook? Microsoftexcel.rainman.nerd!

If knobs feel the need (and apparently some do) to maintain specific performance data, in order to improve their athleteness with scientification, why can't they just frigging make their own spreadsheet? That way they could apply all sorts of cool formulae to the data, and calculate how shit they really are.
Soloaid
11-Mar-2017
8:06:17 PM
The crag can be good for beta in relation to routes that are popular but routes that are not popular do not get much mention.
Potex
12-Mar-2017
1:31:05 AM
Who gives a f--- what other people use it for?

Quit moaning like a bitch.

E. Wells
12-Mar-2017
8:47:23 AM
Yeah quit moaning about people moaning odh , climbing is an exteme sport for poly-athletes that require psyche and good vibes , not this negativity. Thecrag is NOT a penis measuring device , its a sweet as tool for psyche maximification. Get on the send train dude whoopwhoop (and the long dreary repeat lap train) chuggachuggachugga...
One Day Hero
12-Mar-2017
2:23:03 PM
On 12/03/2017 E. Wells wrote:
>poly-athletes that require psyche and good vibes

That is quality, I'm stealing it :)

Lingy
12-Mar-2017
5:59:57 PM
On 12/03/2017 One Day Hero wrote:
>On 12/03/2017 E. Wells wrote:
>>poly-athletes that require psyche and good vibes
>
>That is quality, I'm stealing it :)

Already stolen (or is it 'liberated'?): http://moviedeputy.com/movie_tag/extreme-sports-poly-athlete/
Soloaid
13-Mar-2017
10:13:14 AM
On 12/03/2017 E. Wells wrote:
>Thecrag is NOT a penis measuring device , its a sweet as tool

As my name is Trisha,I will leave the penis measuring to others Hehe

gordoste
14-Mar-2017
3:51:10 PM
On 12/03/2017 Potex wrote:
>Who gives a f--- what other people use it for?
>
>Quit moaning like a bitch.

+1
prb
14-Mar-2017
4:14:42 PM
I noticed a boulder problem listed as a closed project on there a while ago. Is that taking bouldering too seriously?
dalai
14-Mar-2017
4:16:39 PM
On 14/03/2017 prb wrote:
>I noticed a boulder problem listed as a closed project on there a while
>ago. Is that taking bouldering too seriously?

I bolted it so a project it is... ;-)
Wendy
31-Mar-2017
7:19:29 AM
You'll be excited to hear that thecrag has spent its spare time developing a wanky performance rating system that actually encourages people to record every attempt on every climb. I fell asleep just trying to read through to the end of the explanation of it.

https://www.thecrag.com/article/cpr

I guess if you are in the business of trying to make an income producing website out of it, anything that gets people recording more stuff and spending more time on the site is good for you. I have better things to do with my time then record every lap of every route I do (although I do wonder about that when I get caught up arguing over the internet ...)

Goshen
31-Mar-2017
1:48:07 PM
Was pretty sure this 'new feature' would create a bit of firestorm of Chockstone... I guess it's still brewing...

The Crag admin have said that extra 'attempts' at a route does not mean one is more advantaged in getting higher ratings (as only clean sends count?); at least that's what I understood.

For the record; my initial reaction (as with many) was "oh boy, do we really need this... it's gets away from the spirit of climbing... yada yada". But then I remembered that I still have all this logbook data to enter - and I have the information, which was getting less and less accessible with each passing page (it was just too hard to flick back through multiple books, to find details of previous ascents).

So, my point is, that my opinion is heavily biased, because I have my past data.

If I was like many seasoned climbers, who after thousands of metres of climbing, past ascents begin to blur, and you don't remember which climbs you'd done, when you'd done them or in what style, then I too, would probably be hostile towards the idea (not saying you are Wendy); as someone else far less deserving might be in front of me in the rankings; and to hell with them!

:-)

Eduardo Slabofvic
31-Mar-2017
2:12:12 PM
My computer has an "off" button

There are 19 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints