9:06:35 PM

ajfclark
21-Jan-2017
10:21:38 PM
Clove hitch a sling on the bolt?

phillipivan
22-Jan-2017
1:22:48 AM
Nah it's all good, that top biner is easily strong enough to hold the lower biner and sling, even whilst loaded over an edge like that. If the purpose of bolting is simply so that you have somewhere to place your quickdraws, then I think we could say that was a job well done.
mikllaw
22-Jan-2017
6:18:46 AM
On 21/01/2017 ajfclark wrote:
>Clove hitch a sling on the bolt?

I clipped it to see how bad it looked, and considered a wire or thin sling; but it's only 2m off the deck so I just kept climbing- into more choss and weird bolts
ademmert
22-Jan-2017
7:36:42 AM
What climb is it??

ajfclark
22-Jan-2017
8:49:49 AM
Start of Whatever you like at Piddo
Harryhill
8-Mar-2017
9:13:31 PM
Side loading the top biner isn't great practice, it also looks like in this particular position the gate will cop alot of pressure from the ridge of the rock if it's loaded.
I'd imaging donating a 1 or 2 mallion(I think they are called) to get a attachment point that hangs over the edge would work. Even a mallion and a few chain links would do.
Good job putting stuff like this up as it get everyone thinking.
Cheers mate

Macciza
9-Mar-2017
8:24:47 AM
On 22/01/2017 ajfclark wrote:
>Start of Whatever you like at Piddo

So it's actually a retro-bolt and can be pulled... Will raise it with TradCare and it will probably get removed ... Problem solved ...

There are 8 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints