Nuff said.
Andy P
17-Aug-2016
12:06:51 AM
On 14/08/2016 Andy P wrote:
>Respect.
>Nuff said.

(Talks to self again ...)!
Obviously highly impressed then Chockstoners ...
Sad.
One Day Hero
17-Aug-2016
12:17:09 AM
On 17/08/2016 Andy P wrote:
>(Talks to self again ...)!
>Obviously highly impressed then Chockstoners ...
>Sad.

It's not that her climbing achievement is unimpressive. There are just so many strong climbers these days running around ticking hard stuff daily, that one finds oneself impressed-out. I yearn for a dash of 80s-style self destruction thrown in with the mega sends. How many cases of VB did she get through during the siege?
Andy P
17-Aug-2016
1:01:25 AM
On 17/08/2016 One Day Hero wrote:
>On 17/08/2016 Andy P wrote:
>>(Talks to self again ...)!
>>Obviously highly impressed then Chockstoners ...
>>Sad.
>
>It's not that her climbing achievement is unimpressive. There are just
>so many strong climbers these days running around ticking hard stuff daily,
>that one finds oneself impressed-out. I yearn for a dash of 80s-style self
>destruction thrown in with the mega sends. How many cases of VB did she
>get through during the siege?

Ha! Nice one ODH,
You're right of course - we're bombarded with awesome feats (and loads of heels) and when 'the best female climber in the world' is a 14yr old (from Japan) it must be dispiriting for the 'hard men' in their 20's priime...?

Tell you one thing though, 24 years ago - 5th May 1992 - 'someone' made the drunkest ascent of the hardest route at Araps so I suspect most subsequent ascents have been done with a lot more blood in their alcohol stream.
Still, OJ or mineral water aside, well done that lass.
AP.

salty crag
17-Aug-2016
6:50:28 PM
I assume it was filmed and we will be able to view the effort soon... oh and congrats & well done.
widewetandslippery
17-Aug-2016
7:19:08 PM
Andy

Where is Mina from? Great achievement.

CUB is slashing jobs, are you off the turps? Sorry havent bought your book but is there a case of lager tally for the caravan of sin?

Yours in liver.
Dave J
18-Aug-2016
10:02:49 AM
good effort.

that would be the first non australasian female ascent then?

interesting local females led the charge on that one hile local males so far off the pace.
Andy P
18-Aug-2016
2:59:54 PM
On 17/08/2016 widewetandslippery wrote:
>Andy
>
>Where is Mina from? Great achievement.
>
>CUB is slashing jobs, are you off the turps? Sorry havent bought your
>book but is there a case of lager tally for the caravan of sin?
>
>Yours in liver.
>

UK I think ww&s. Yes, great effort.
No, but I only drink Tassie beer.
PM me and I'll do you a special deal.
No tally but would've been in the hundreds ...
Ha!

widewetandslippery
18-Aug-2016
4:07:07 PM
At 5 cases a week over 12 weeks thats 1440 beers
Andy P
18-Aug-2016
11:25:04 PM
On 18/08/2016 widewetandslippery wrote:
>At 5 cases a week over 12 weeks thats 1440 beers

Yeah but you only asked about the 'Caravan of Sin' and I spent 3 x 25 weeks at Araps so please don't make me out as a lightweight OK!
Add The White Hart in 'sham at lunchtime, Nati pub all arvo then a few 'lucky lasts' with Cec at the milk bar and ,,, well it was rather more actually, Ha!
After one such 'rest day' I spilled out of Club 67 around 6AM and got picked up by a mate to go to Taipan. Flashed the FA of World Party and only realised how good it was when I did it again (clean) for pics the following year.
And know what? I don't give a flying f*ck what anyone thinks.

Back on original topic: I sent a best wishes to her having seen her Twitter post with my book. The cheeky Minx ,,, err, Mina, never replied. Story of my life.
'Pschtt' 'One for the Road',
G'night.

widewetandslippery
19-Aug-2016
12:30:38 AM
Andy, people in glass houses dont throw stones! Does club 67 still exist? I, ve been there with Mentzy.

To get this back to climbing, Andy once show me and Bobbie Lebreton broken rps from Gogarth, thanks Andy, as John Cleese once said, you dont have to be smart, clever or funny, being silly is what counts.

ajfclark
19-Aug-2016
7:46:25 AM
I assume club 67 is the nightclub at 67 Wilson St. It's still running, though these days it's known as Wilsons Hotel Nightclub. Somehow manages to charge a cover charge in Horsham. Only seems to be popular with the crowd still at the Royal when it closes (which seems to be largely made up of people from the Bull when it closes even earlier).

"Big night last night?"
"Yeah, we ended up at Wilsons"
"Ooooo... That big eh?"
"Yup"
Andy P
20-Aug-2016
11:02:46 AM
On 19/08/2016 ajfclark wrote:

>"Big night last night?"
>"Yeah, we ended up at Wilsons"
>"Ooooo... That big eh?"
>"Yup"

Ha! Thats nuthin' ... Mr Glenn 'adorable' Robbins lobbed at mine yesterday arvo having returned from the UK (you should all listen to his Grimer Jamcrack podcast - brill). Solid boozing all through the night ... utter debauchery on a grand scale. Gosh I love that man ,, err, not in *that* way ...
Yes, there's footage of Mina. Due out soon from those top chaps at VL. Maybe even some armage too.

widewetandslippery
20-Aug-2016
12:30:09 PM
Give Glenn a man hug. Fine fella.

There are 14 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints