HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Author
Where do you have to be to avoid being counted?
Wendy
12-Aug-2016
11:46:14 AM
We got back from climbing on Tuesday to find that census forms had been left at all of our tents at Frog. Kind of amazed that people want to count us enough to potter around climbing camp sites delivering forms. Anyone had a census worker turn up somewhere really obscure?

ajfclark
12-Aug-2016
12:16:47 PM
> Where do you have to be to avoid being counted?

Apparently at the keyboard of a computer was a really good bet on Tuesday night.
kieranl
12-Aug-2016
1:14:23 PM
A couple of census workers turned up at Kunawarritji in the Great Sandy Desert at the last census. Not sure that it counts as obscure, but it is remote. Begs the question, why didn't they get a local to distribute the forms?
ldshield
12-Aug-2016
4:12:25 PM
I was at King Spur Hut on Mt Stirling with a mate, and we only saw ski patrollers.
Andy P
13-Aug-2016
2:55:07 AM
On 12/08/2016 ldshield wrote:
>I was at King Spur Hut on Mt Stirling with a mate, and we only saw ski
>patrollers.

Well that post certainly added to the conversation ...

Sorry, just 'extracting the Michael'.
Eduardoslabofboags
widewetandslippery
13-Aug-2016
11:09:18 AM
I had a knock on the door. As normal i , yéll intèrcourse off. Do any of you answer the dòor? I never, i héar a knock and yell lets make your bum sore

with francis barking, have had to drag the odd salvo and JW back to show them how to shut a gate.
ldshield
17-Aug-2016
10:54:49 AM
I was at King Spur Hut (on census night) on Mt Stirling (which is not my usual residence) with a mate (who does not reside in my usual household), and we only saw ski patrollers (and not any Census collectors).
Wendy
17-Aug-2016
4:50:45 PM
We did get to fill in that our dwelling was a one bedroom tent that was fully paid off. Someone else was in a borrowed tent so they go to put they paid $0 rent for a 1 bedroom tent. I hope the government finds this information worth the effort of heading out to collect it.
simey
17-Aug-2016
10:07:51 PM
On 17/08/2016 Wendy wrote:
>I hope the government finds this information worth the effort of heading out to collect it.

I would have thought dropping off census forms at drive-in campgrounds was possibly more cost effective than delivering them house to house.

There are 9 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints