Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Author
O T - Brexit
Andy P
1-Jul-2016
10:54:45 AM
Any Poms in the house today?
Ramifications for 'us Aussies' ? Well the ar*e has dropped out of the British Pound and the stock market's crumbled. End of the day it was only a public referendum so doesn't mean the pollies will actually legislate it and leave. I hear many 'leavers' are now having second thoughts as there was no post-exit plan in place.
Shakes head and goes tut, tut.
Steve Bell
1-Jul-2016
11:24:08 AM
Tut tut indeed Andy. The whole thing's a mess. Stand by for a lot more POMs moving to Australia!
kieranl
1-Jul-2016
12:00:28 PM
The only satisfactory result is that it appears to have destroyed the political careers of the central players on both sides.
gfdonc
1-Jul-2016
12:37:49 PM
"Be careful what you wish for".

Does this mean Gerry won't be able to drive his UK car all over Europe for his road trip??

Eduardo Slabofvic
1-Jul-2016
12:55:28 PM
"They're fat, they're round, they've got 1 dollar to the pound" will be the new chant next year.

Mr Gribble is out back, digging a grave, just so he's got somewhere to spin

ChuckNorris
1-Jul-2016
7:52:54 PM
As a dual pom and ozzie citzen i am pretty peeved itll be harder for me to settle in my dream home in ibeefa.

Despite my personal grievances, I think it is only fitting after England (not scotland, not wales only england) exited their last European football championship to iceland, cute little iceland. It was perfect timing as after this defeat England has lost to every team in Europe and there was noone else to lose to. Now they are out of Europe once and for all they can join the Asia or Pacific (?pfft?) cup and lose to even smaller minnows such as North Korea and Tonga.

I'd like to set them a stretch target of losing to Samoa. Personally I don't think even they can do it but you need dreams to get out of bed in the morning.

C'mon England!!!!!

ChuckNorris
1-Jul-2016
7:57:09 PM
something to cheer you poms up. a bit of 'umour from the time we didn't need em fancy uropeans with their fancy pancy food like spaghetti.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VkjDSxBVqw
Martym
3-Jul-2016
10:03:50 AM
It's seriously affected my future plans.
I'm a dualy.
But my wife and kids are dual Czech/Australian - and my mum's family are from Germany. We were planning on living in Austria for a year to be closer to East-CZ and the alps... But now I don't think I'll get a work permit, and potentially not even be allowed to stay. I'd need to live 5 years in the Czech Republic to even qualify... At least we opted to register the kids on the mainland.. But now it's unlikely we'd ever be able to live and work in the UK.

It's a sad place over there when people introduce you and say "don't worry she's not polish" - makes me wonder what our future here has in store?

MisterGribble
3-Jul-2016
11:27:46 AM
Poms are brexiting the EU (and bregretting it already), the Aussies have elected Pauline Hanson and Derryn Hinch to the Senate, and Andy's Welsh footy team are kings of Europe

Pyongyang sounds stable at least..........

......... 'til Trump gets in and then at least the end will come quickly
dalai
3-Jul-2016
1:52:17 PM
I'm not happy. I have Maltese citizenship though marriage and had contemplated working in the UK at some point in the future. Consolidation prize once the EU implodes is Malta will be a nice place to retire...

Eduardo Slabofvic
3-Jul-2016
6:18:53 PM
On 3/07/2016 Martym wrote:
>
> But now it's unlikely we'd ever be able to live
>and work in the UK.
>

At least that's one positive to come out of this

There are 11 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints