Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Author
which rope access ticket to get!?
HARNESS84
4-May-2016
1:57:29 PM
looking at getting my rope access level one and there is many places that do the ARAA and some that do the IRATA level 1, it is confusing me and im not sure which one to get. from what i can gather the IRATA would be the better one to get? any input would be really helpful as training websites do not tell what the difference is.

im from melbourne anyone know any good training providers they could recommend me?

Duang Daunk
4-May-2016
3:09:17 PM
Which one is cheaper?
I.e. If you're self employed do you think the person paying for the job will know the difference?
widewetandslippery
4-May-2016
4:34:47 PM
Get a job in the public service. Mick Fowler proved this is the best climbers job. Rope access workers are tossers.

timfreddo
4-May-2016
6:22:52 PM
IRATA will let you work offshore, but you'll usually need some kind of trade and or lots of further training (riggers, confined space etc) to go along with it if you're planning on offshore.

ARAA or IRATA are both fine for working in towns and cities within Australia.
My vote is ARAA if you aren't worried about the offshore thing.
My understanding is your money will go to some Aussie blokes if you get ARAA, rather than some English Blokes if you get IRATA...
Brendan
4-May-2016
10:25:41 PM
Get IRATA, if you get an ARAA ticket you can't work for IRATA member companies so you already start limiting yourself with who you can work for. I was ARAA to start with and switched to IRATA for that exact reason, IRATA is internationally recognized also.

Vertigo in Melbourne does training and I've heard good things about the training at Neptune and Direct Access.

Good luck

sliamese
6-May-2016
12:11:31 PM
Definitely IRATA, is good everywhere ARAA is, plus every other worksite in the world. Im not saying its better, just more widely recognised. Theres endless amounts of ARAA techs that have had to come over to IRATA at some point.

There are 6 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints