New Balls Pyramid Book
Kable459
3-May-2016
11:19:06 AM
NEW Balls Pyramid Book

SOUTH PACIFIC PINNACLE: The Exploration of Balls Pyramid
Edited by Jim Smith with Keith Bell
300 page Hardcover Book with many photos

COST: $50 (Including GST and postage within Australia)
Should be out in July 2016 and can only be obtained through the publisher

For further information see:-
www.ballspyramidbook.com
or
Email: bpbook@ballspyramidbook.com

ajfclark
3-May-2016
4:31:45 PM
Clickable: http://www.ballspyramidbook.com/
PGS
5-May-2016
1:51:47 PM
What a beauty! Can't wait to get my hands on a copy.
Kable459
1-Jun-2016
10:13:53 AM
Hi PGS,
Thanks for your post. The book should arrive in Australia soon and should be available for distribution after the 10th June. It can only be obtained from the publisher. I suggest that you go onto the website above as it has been up-dated. Otherwise, email bpbook@ballspyramidbook.com. Looking forward to your support.
Kable459
18-Jun-2016
10:15:00 AM
AT LAST!!!!!!!
The shipment of SOUTH PACIFIC PINNACLE: The Exploration of Balls Pyramid
has arrived.
To order your copy go on-line to http://www.ballspyramidbook.com/
or email
bpbook@ballspyramidbook.com
This 300 page beautifully illustrated hardcover book can only be obtained from the publisher.
There are book launches planned so watch this space for dates and venues.
PGS
18-Jun-2016
2:28:19 PM
Just got my hands a copy of Jim Smith and Keith Bell's amazing Balls pyramid book.
written for "that class who wander and think for themselves"

It's an absolute ripper, almost 300 pages long and full of great photography and illustration. Bring on this rainy ECL weather 'cos I'm not moving until I've finished.

I don't think they printed that many of these so armchair (and actual) mountaineers as well as collectors should get their skates on if they want a piece of this.

Great Job Jim and Keith!
mikllaw
23-Jun-2016
10:51:21 PM
A fantastic invitation to adventure. It's detailed but varied because it is based on first person accounts of each expedition, and they are all very different . I've been hopping around in the book so it will be a while before I finish it. Should I learn to sail soon?
Kable459
24-Jun-2016
12:12:23 PM
Mike, glad that you are liking the book so far. If you do get on a boat to "The South Pacific Pinnacle" I will gladly enlist as cabinboy?? or deck swabber just to have the opportunity to scale the flanks of that mighty peak again.
Kable459
1-Jul-2016
10:31:16 AM
Further feedback on the Smith/Bell Balls Pyramid Book.

"The book is wonderful...so much information in there. I reckon it will be a reference book on the pyramid for the next century or more. Fantastic effort ... in pulling this together. You've set a new standard of excellence in the production of a climbing-related publication".
Dr Michael Meadows (Author)
The Living Rock: the invention of climbing in Eastern Australia

To order or to inspect go to:-
http://www.ballspyramidbook.com
Kable459
5-Jul-2016
9:53:45 AM
BALLS PYRAMID PRESENTATION - SYDNEY

WHAT?
The Editors of SOUTH PACIFIC PINNACLE: The Exploration of Balls Pyramid will give a power point presentation followed by a book signing :-

WHEN?
Friday 29th July, 2016 at 7-30pm

WHERE?
Sydney Indoor Climbing Gym – St Peters
Unit $C/1-7 Unwins Bridge Road
St Peters NSW 2044

For further information go to the website:
http://www.ballspyramidbook.com/
Kable459
8-Jul-2016
7:06:07 PM
New reviews and comments about SOUTH PACIFIC PINNACLE on the website CONTENTS page.
See http://www.ballspyramidbook.com/
Kable459
15-Jul-2016
5:39:31 PM
A REMINDER:
Two weeks to the BALLS PYRAMID PRESENTATION by the Editors of SOUTH PACIFIC PINNACLE: The Exploration of Balls Pyramid at the:-

SYDNEY INDOOR CLIMBING GYM – St Peters
Unit $C/1-7 Unwins Bridge Road
St Peters NSW 2044

Friday 29th at 7-30pm.

Several other Pyramid Summiters will be there including a member of the 1965 first ascent team.

Check out:
OR
Balls Pyramid Book - South Pacific Pinnacle
on Facebook

ALL WELCOME
Kable459
23-Jul-2016
12:43:05 PM
Less than a week to go for a night on the rollicking seas, soaring rock walls, with wheeling birds, marauding sharks and alien insects at the:-

BALLS PYRAMID POWERPOINT & BOOK LAUNCH

By the editors of:-
SOUTH PACIFIC PINNACLE: The Exploration of Balls Pyramid
Jim Smith & Keith Bell

Friday 29th, July starting at 7-30

SYDNEY INDOOR CLIMBING GYM – St Peters
Unit 4c/1-7 Unwins Bridge Road
St Peters NSW 2044

Several other Pyramid summitees will be there including a member of the first ascent team.

ALL WELCOME

See http://www.ballspyramidbook.com/
Or
F/B: Balls Pyramid Book - South Pacific Pinnacle
Kable459
1-Aug-2016
7:28:33 PM
The first launch of SOUTH PACIFIC PINNACLE – The Exploration of Balls Pyramid was held last Friday night at the Sydney Indoor Climbing Gym. Attendees were treated to not only some great photos of the Pyramid but were able to meet many climbers who had been on it over the years. Bryden Allen, Ben Sandilands, Dave Roots, Dave Kingsford-Smith, Bob Fick, Ray Lassman as well as the two editors. Dave Roots also had with him a beautifully preserved and exhibited Phasmid specimen that attracted a great deal of attention.

Thanks are also extended to the SICG for the provision of the venue and their generous assistance on the night.

The editors will give another presentation at the SRC Meeting at the Wests Leagues Club, Liverpool Road, Ashfield this coming Wednesday (3rd Aug) at 7-30.

Keith Lockwood will give a Balls Pyramid talk at Natimuk on Sat. 6th Aug and some books will be available for sale.

OR Facebook: Balls Pyramid Book - South Pacific Pinnacle
Andy P
2-Aug-2016
12:59:53 AM
All very well am sure and a great looking book, but for true literary merit one only has to scroll down 8 & 9 threads to find the Real Stuff and not an easy plod story - albeit a fantastic book (thumbs up).
There's hot sex in one - and none in the other, freezing on mountains - and swimming in warm Mediteranian lakes with topless (can I say that on a family-friendly forum) in the other. Steve Bell & me. Guess who was the lucky one ...
Grabs coat, taxi!

IdratherbeclimbingM9
2-Aug-2016
9:27:00 AM
On 2/08/2016 Andy P wrote:
>All very well am sure and a great looking book, but for true literary merit
>one only has to scroll down 8 & 9 threads to find the Real Stuff and not
>an easy plod story - albeit a fantastic book (thumbs up).
>There's hot sex in one - and none in the other, freezing on mountains
>- and swimming in warm Mediteranian lakes with topless (can I say that
>on a family-friendly forum) in the other. Steve Bell & me. Guess who was
>the lucky one ...
>Grabs coat, taxi!
>
Ahh, but there were no phasmids in either of those books...
Heh, heh, heh.
Andy P
2-Aug-2016
12:16:02 PM
You calling us stick insects?
Kable459
5-Dec-2016
11:35:51 AM
LOOKING FOR A CHRISTMAS PRESENT
for a spouse, partner or friend who is interested in climbing and the outdoors. This book on the exploration and climbing of the world’s highest sea stack might fill the bill.
It is about human nature triumphing over difficulties and adversities; towering waves, fear inducing heights, rampaging cyclones as well as political and territorial drama. BALLS PYRAMID near Lord Howe Island features the above and much more!!!
This isolated, impressive and unique sea tower is also home to thousands of beautiful sea birds, an exotic and nearly extinct insect (Phasmid), giant centipedes, two species of lizards and surrounded by shark infested waters.
Get yourself (or others) marooned on this amazing piece of rock with the help of this 296 page hard covered book with its 217 illustrations by going to:-

FB: Balls Pyramid Book - South Pacific Pinnacle

“It may be the most single most beautiful place I have ever been. It really did feel like an alien landscape from another planet”. Jebb Corliss – Wing suit flyer

SOUTH PACIFIC PINNACLE – The Exploration of Balls Pyramid
Edited by Jim Smith with Keith Bell

There are 18 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints