Andy P
12-Feb-2016
5:35:54 PM
Andy Pollitt - BOOK
Andy P
12-Feb-2016
11:20:09 PM
Hi all,
Heck! Vertebrate are actually publishing my book! (coz Mills & Boon knocked me back!).
It follows on from Moffatt, Fawcett, McClure and Moon - 'cept they were mostly written (superbly) by Grimer and Ed Douglas. These are my own words - cleverly re-ordered and stell-checked by my old school teacher Andy Boorman in North Wales from when I was 14.
Not to give too much away but the other lads don't mention still wetting the bed in their forties, catching crabs, dating a stripper then a professional Dominatrix... there's even some rock climbs in there... Heavens above!
Oh! And the real truth about Punks and the Birdbath.
Cheers,
Andy. x

MisterGribble
13-Feb-2016
10:59:38 AM
Let's hope Andy Boorman smell-checked it too!
Kp
13-Feb-2016
12:00:27 PM
Australian release? Very expensive to ship from uk
Andy P
13-Feb-2016
12:34:45 PM
Ta Mr Gribble, kp
The observant will notice Australia and New Zealand are not included in the 'worldwide' distribution. However, if I can drum up sufficient interest I'll bring some in. Or print On Demand.
No joking, the photos are stunning - loads of colour in four blocks of eight. Heaps of b&w shots too. A bit of climbing and plenty of 'tall storeys'.
Anybody interested? (Come on, humour me!).
And whoever's in charge of the Mountain Designs website - grow some effing manners!
Suggestions (on the back of a fifty) welcome for getting copies to Sydney and Brisbane. Wagga Wagga even - anyone who'll buy it.
Thanks,
Andy..

dave1962
13-Feb-2016
1:51:56 PM
would buy a copy, but yes pretty expensive out of the UK,
hope there are some available for Australia at a reasonable price

ajfclark
Online Now
14-Feb-2016
7:47:55 AM
Slightly cheaper through bookdepository: http://www.bookdepository.com/Punk-in-the-Gym-Mike-Owen-Andy-Pollitt/9781910240694

Would it be worth talking to OSP or someone about getting an AU edition?
Dr Nick
14-Feb-2016
10:17:37 AM
I bought Jerry's one, and I reckon yours could be interesting for a reasonable price locally. So chalk another one up for local release (or is that glue up?)
Andy P
14-Feb-2016
10:19:30 AM
Thanks ajfclark, appreciated.
I cannot believe that link.... but contractually have sole rights in Australia and NZ and am bringing some in on an 'at my cost, no profit' basis.
Loads of ace pics by Glenn Robbins, Simon Carter, Simey and a very special one by Glenn Tempest. Plenty of 'tall storeys' too. And lots of climbing.
Aiming for Easter launch in Nati but not holding my breath.
Thank you again.
Cheers,
Andy.

Andy P
14-Feb-2016
9:12:04 PM
You ,,, you ,,, cheeky ,,, Ha! I'll give you the free shot there doctor.
Ta for that, well that's you and Kp on the list then and Mr Gribble gets a free copy coz he's in it!
(Whoosh, sales take off at the mere mention of the Great Man...)
Cheers,
Andy.
Karl Bromelow
15-Feb-2016
8:52:58 AM
Thanks for drawing attention to your book Andy. I'm heading home for our annual trip in a few weeks, I'll defo be picking up a copy if I can.
Cheers, Karl

Update: Just bought it.
Andy P
15-Feb-2016
12:12:56 PM
Good man Karl, ta.
See what I mean? - mention Mr Gribble and BANG! Sold!
Cheers,
Andy.

MisterGribble
15-Feb-2016
12:45:25 PM
Names Darling, Names !
Andy P
15-Feb-2016
2:03:13 PM
Good advice Mr Grib;
Simey Simey Simey Simey Simey Simey, HB HB HB HB HB, Mr Robbins, Mr Robbins Mr Robbins, Louise Louise Louise, Mikl Mikl Mikl, KieranL KieranL KieranL, Noddy Noddy Noddy SIMEY again, yourself Mr Gribble, Bill & Ann at the Nati pub and Glenn & Karen at the cafe, Marion Delaney, did I mention Simey ,,, and H?,,,,,,,,,, I could go on ,,,, be in double figures in no time.
I'll go away again now.
Cheers,
Andy.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
16-Feb-2016
8:18:16 AM
Since it also has simey's name in it, I'll buy one too!
Heh, heh, heh.

Seriously it sounds great (especially if your writing style reflects the humour you exhibit on this site!!), so will be looking to find it out here in Australia, so thanks for the heads-up about it.
Andy P
16-Feb-2016
9:05:57 PM
"Ker-ching".
Thanks heaps M9, 'sound as a pound' (well 35p anyway after flight costs...).
Shan't have to look far - am bringing some in myself - exclusively, and Vertebrate have not sold any directly to that discount mob ajf kindly mentioned - nor have I ! Odd that. Speculative? I shall remove my silken glove and slap them across the face with it forthwith ,,, coz I'm reet 'ard me.
Cheers,
Andy.

PS. Plenty of serious and scary chapters too...

Andy P
25-Feb-2016
1:32:26 PM
Apologies for the bump, but;
Copies should be in Melbourne late March.
Can any friendly Chockstoners kindly advise or suggest the preferrred retail outlets to approach elsewhere around the country? Have approached a single Melbourne one but as yet not heard back.
Any assistance greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Andy P.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
25-Feb-2016
2:41:40 PM
Do you have to go through a store? Maybe sell 'em on Chockstone...

PM me direct deposit detail and you've sold the first here!

Hmm, thinking about it a bit more...
There are another couple of options-

You could take your show on the road like mikl did, and sell em at the speaking venues...

... or, you could commission Imaseriousyounglizard to carry the can for you?
(WavingmadlyatchaHex!)
;-)
Marky
25-Feb-2016
4:08:54 PM
Hey Andy!
Count me in if not too late. I'll grab a copy in Melbourne.
dave1962
25-Feb-2016
6:43:13 PM
I am up for a copy, either direct from you with a bank transfer, or from a retailer, whatever works out
cheers Dave
PS I am in Adelaide
I could get some books into some of the climbing shops around town I think
cheers

Page 1 of 5. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 80 | 81 to 91
There are 91 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints