Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Page 1 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 28
Author
Favourite bottomless (bomb-bay) pitches / routes.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
7-Oct-2015
3:11:26 PM
euce's traversing pitch thread has inspired me to start a compilation thread for bottomless chimney (bomb bay style) pitches...

NSW Warrumbungles; has a couple with great exposure that come readily to my mind, being;
Belougery Spire; Napawi, G16, P6 (at about 2/3 height) is a real (main?) reason to do this route.
Crater Bluff; Lieben, G17, P4 has an interesting (but easy) bit of bomb-bay.

Many others exist, so list your favourites here to inspire, or frighten? ;-) others.

pmonks
7-Oct-2015
3:30:33 PM
Oceanoid P2, Pharos, The Arapiles
kieranl
7-Oct-2015
4:37:07 PM
Elizabethan, Buffalo, top of Pitch 1 (which sometimes becomes a short Pitch 2)

grantoss
7-Oct-2015
4:51:21 PM
On 7/10/2015 pmonks wrote:
>Oceanoid P2, Pharos, The Arapiles

Trinity Wall...

phillipivan
7-Oct-2015
5:07:38 PM
Surely Scorpion and Death Row have to figure in there somewhere. Both at that crag that everybody knows about.
Dave_S
7-Oct-2015
5:10:06 PM
Not to mention Bard, Lamplighter, Toccata, Watchtower Crack (kind of).
Dr Nick
7-Oct-2015
5:33:41 PM
P3 of Bellbird Wall. Great position above all but about 10m of the Grose valley.

climberman
7-Oct-2015
5:38:20 PM
Telstar 19, Ikara

Sabu
7-Oct-2015
6:28:21 PM
Scorpion for sure. Those first moves getting established are truly bottomless and you feel every metre of exposure below you.

Rocksinmyhead
7-Oct-2015
6:55:57 PM
mmm, Scorpion. I wanted to chicken out of even seconding it.

Odin at Frog is good. Getting in and out of the bomb-bay is the crux. Yee hah!

ambyeok
8-Oct-2015
12:28:11 PM
The Fall of Man at Mitre rock (14). A couple of jams out to a bottomless chimney. The scene of one of the funniest chimney ascents I have ever witnessed.

shortman
8-Oct-2015
2:06:49 PM
On 8/10/2015 ambyeok wrote:
>The Fall of Man at Mitre rock (14). A couple of jams out to a bottomless
>chimney. The scene of one of the funniest chimney ascents I have ever witnessed.

Totally agree with this....pullin into it is one of the strangest moves I've ever done....

Pat
8-Oct-2015
3:17:07 PM
Top pitch of eskimo nell is a little like that - great atmosphere.
dan_b
8-Oct-2015
3:34:54 PM
Basilisk Direct at Bundaleer?

ajfclark
8-Oct-2015
7:34:17 PM
On 8/10/2015 ambyeok wrote:
>The Fall of Man at Mitre rock (14). A couple of jams out to a bottomless chimney. The scene of one of the funniest chimney ascents I have ever witnessed.

Were you watching me? In hindsight I can laugh about it. Took the super exciting option of leading it as one pitch so my second had NFI what I was wailing about...

ajfclark
8-Oct-2015
7:34:50 PM
On 7/10/2015 Dave_S wrote:
>Lamplighter

Where's the bottomless chimney on Lamplighter?
Dave_S
8-Oct-2015
10:00:38 PM
Does the weird chimney traverse on the last pitch count as one?

davetheyounger
8-Oct-2015
11:33:56 PM
The sentry box on The last grain race G19 at Barbican Rocks in the Gramps is a corker.
gfdonc
9-Oct-2015
10:12:21 AM
On 8/10/2015 davetheyounger wrote:
>The sentry box on The last grain race G19 at Barbican Rocks in the Gramps
>is a corker.

+1. One of the best 19's anywhere.
mikllaw
9-Oct-2015
10:26:20 AM
On 7/10/2015 Dr Nick wrote:
>P3 of Bellbird Wall. Great position above all but about 10m of the Grose
>valley.

Veronica on the FA.
Tom Thumb on the other side of the valley below and right of her feet.

Page 1 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 28
There are 28 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints