Page 2 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 25
Author
Geoff Weigand - on the web
dalai
27-May-2015
4:55:55 PM
On 27/05/2015 Eduardo Slabofvic wrote:
>There was lots of air. Most of it coming from Geoff's mouth

I had heard many stories prior to meeting him in 1995 at Virgin River Gorge where he was coaching a climber but thought it fair to give him the benefit of the doubt. A long self focussed sprayathon about how great he is confirmed much of what I'd heard.

Not Tall Poppy syndrome in this instance...
Karl Bromelow
27-May-2015
6:15:05 PM
On 27/05/2015 dalai wrote:
>On 27/05/2015 Eduardo Slabofvic wrote:
>>There was lots of air. Most of it coming from Geoff's mouth
>
>I had heard many stories prior to meeting him in 1995 at Virgin River
>Gorge where he was coaching a climber but thought it fair to give him the
>benefit of the doubt. A long self focussed sprayathon about how great he
>is confirmed much of what I'd heard.
>
>Not Tall Poppy syndrome in this instance...

I know sometimes I can come across as a bit un australian on here but please believe me I love you lot (so much so that I masquerade badly as one of you these days). Now to my point. I have never found Australian's to be bashful about self promotion or blowing their own trumpets. Not everyone, of course, but it certainly isn't an unusual trait amongst the natives of this wonderful land. Your sporting heroes are the world's best at it. And as a collective body you are entirely convinced that the rest of the world is jealous of you. I of course have the advantage of being dual nationality Australian and British. That makes me simultaneously not only THINK I belong to the best nation on earth but also ACTUALLY do. Ducks below the parapet.

Snacks
27-May-2015
6:22:43 PM
On 27/05/2015 Karl Bromelow wrote:
>Ducks below the parapet.
>
>

Convenient. You'll be in a nice ball to pick up and throw over the side. Hehe

Imaclawfan
28-May-2015
1:13:33 PM
>That was about Jeff Gruenberg I think, not Geoff Weigand.

Yeah I know ...''never let the truth get in the way of a good story ...'

;P

Imaclawfan
28-May-2015
1:15:34 PM
On 26/05/2015 rodw wrote:
>Geoff has many strings to his bows with this being a very small example
>of what hes up to.........I would say the personality traits that lead
>him to being one of Australias top climbers back in the day probably gives
>him the same drive and confidence to branch out and try new things with
>approval from the chocky gallery the least of his concerns :)

Im with you rodney

https://www.linkedin.com/in/geoffweigand

Page 2 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 25
There are 25 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints