HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Author
A free resource of advanced climbing techniques.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
17-Apr-2015
9:39:13 PM
http://www.multipitchclimbing.com/

A site (I tripped over) that has fourteen HTML / PDF files covering such things as;
Multipitch, Rules, Physics, Gear, Leading and cleaning, Belay, Communication, Climbing as 3 or more, Simulclimbing, Descent, Cheating, Solo, Getting out of trouble, Tactics.

A bit of blurb from it's front page;
This site started its life as a way of presenting the images from the ebook High: Advanced Multipitch Climbing, by David Coley and Andy Kirkpatrick. In order to keep the cost of the book to a minimum most of these were not included in the book. However the site has grown to be far more extensive and now contains much original material not in the book, together with an appendix covering most knots used in climbing, an essay on climbing grades and a bibliography in the form of web links. We suggest you print some of the PDFs and take them on your travels. We would also love you to buy the book – which costs less than a screwgate.

Remember, climbing will kill you if you mess up. If you don’t know what you are doing seek professional help from a qualified guide, and don’t rely on a book or website to keep you safe.

Caveat.
... I have not yet read any of the articles in depth so as to form a solid opinion on content, but my initial scanning of a couple of them seems to indicate that they are a reasonable resource that may interest some of the Chockstone peoples.
capt_planit
19-Apr-2015
8:28:06 AM
This site is valuable. These guys also placed their illustrations from the book "High" here

JamesMc
19-Apr-2015
2:21:22 PM
I found a few good ideas on this site
mikllaw
19-Apr-2015
7:08:30 PM
I bought his kindle book, 1001 climbing tips, which include useful things such as packing climbing gear in a golf bag or bike container for free shipping,
dalai
19-Apr-2015
9:08:20 PM
Doubt the bike box trick will work anymore these days. Sports equipment such as a bike is weighed and part of your baggage allowance. Best bet is to use carriers such as Emirates to Europe so you get 30kg vs the usual 23kg...

There are 5 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints