Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Page 4 of 4. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 73
Author
Athlete or Model?

ajfclark
2-Feb-2015
10:40:57 AM
I think the motorbike one is a little unfair as they don't quite pick the same calibre of model for the two shoots. Douglas is at least on par with SBC, if a not a little hotter, so the comparison is much fairer.

shortman
2-Feb-2015
11:40:42 AM
On 2/02/2015 Wendy wrote:
>I've put all my blurb about this up on my blog now
>
>http://wendiferously.blogspot.com.au/2015/02/latest-athlete-model-uncovered.html
>http://wendiferously.blogspot.com.au/2015/01/how-super-does-superwoman-have-to-be.html

Are you using your language nous to promote your own blog Wendy?

:)

ajfclark
2-Feb-2015
11:44:07 AM
She's trying to get sponsored.
martym
2-Feb-2015
4:56:18 PM
Blogger or climber?
One Day Hero
2-Feb-2015
5:19:00 PM
Damn, that young chap has what it takes to be a pro. I'm sure the sponsors are lining up to plaster their, um, logos all over his shapely behind.
Wendy
2-Feb-2015
7:22:04 PM
SBC had better watch out with ODH and AJF supporting GDPH.

I keep hearing the SPC baked beans and spaghetti jingle.
Wendy
2-Feb-2015
10:14:43 PM
Hey look, sex sells! Put a scantily clad man on your blog and you get more views in 1 day than the whole time you've had it ....

martym
3-Feb-2015
12:17:01 AM
>Hey look, sex sells! Put a scantily clad man on your blog and you get more
>views in 1 day than the whole time you've had it ....
>

I was reading the articles!

IdratherbeclimbingM9
5-Feb-2015
1:28:55 PM
>Hey look, sex sells! Put a scantily clad man on your blog and you get more
>views in 1 day than the whole time you've had it ....
>
>

That was after you advertised here! Who said you were not an astute marketing wench? ;-)
~> What is today's graph looking like?
How does duglash feel about being $ % cut by a female marketing guru for such service?

SBC who?
Had not heard of her before, and have almost forgotten who she is already, & this thread is still front page material...

Besides, what has she ever done on Grit?

~ It is hard to erase those duglash images from memory though...
Heh, heh, heh.

On 3/02/2015 martym wrote:
>I was reading the articles!

?
That is what they all say...
Wendy
6-Feb-2015
10:10:38 PM
Hey M9, bump ... actually, it's because i found this
http://getoutsidenow.tumblr.com/post/109429014423/oh-heeeyyyy-whassup-errybody-lol-amiright-p-is

someone else was almost as inspired as douglas
Wendy
7-Feb-2015
9:59:46 AM
http://fulltext.ausport.gov.au/fulltext/2000/ascweb/sexploitation.asp

older paper, but strangely still the same stuff about women athletes
capt_planit
11-Apr-2015
12:47:19 PM
For shame Chocky! Four pages of rant about this also-ran and not a whisper on the forums about Hazel Findlay's da moving to Natimuk and her recent visit to Oz. Simey even has a pic on her facebook! She's climbing Totem Pole, which has gotten many mentions recently, but when someone Alex Honnold has mentioned as possibly the "best female climber" climbs it there is not a word on the forums. At least post it up so all can slag it off (a la Sharma). :(
Wendy
12-Apr-2015
5:39:26 PM
On 11/04/2015 capt_planit wrote:
>For shame Chocky! Four pages of rant about this also-ran and not a whisper
>on the forums about Hazel Findlay's da moving to Natimuk and her recent
>visit to Oz. Simey even has a pic
>on her facebook! She's climbing Totem Pole, which has gotten many mention
>recently, but when someone Alex Honnold has mentioned as possibly the "best
>female climber" climbs it there is not a word on the forums. At least post
>it up so all can slag it off (a la Sharma). :(

Aside from Steve moved to Nati a wee while ago now, since when did someone's father moving to Nati become news???

Hopefully a fair few chockstoners caught Hazel's slideshow, where you could have drooled about her onsighting araps 25s at 18 before she'd even discovered working routes. Or freeing 31s on El Cap. Then the rest of her trip can be summed up by a single day in which she and Alex warmed up on Coming on Chris, did Trojan, Hazel flashed Masada on Alex's gear, Alex sent 2nd shot, they then moved onto Slopin Sleazin before Alex did a lap on Punks. my only question is - what sort of a warm up for all of that is Coming on Chris?

I don't think anyone is going to dispute that Hazel is way more diverse a climber and climbing a truckload better than SBC. I don't think there's anyway to put that that would not be an understatement. Hazel has awesome biceps as well :) But why does one have to compare them? And just because someone else has done something doesn't preclude talking about other things ... in this thread, I'm much more interested in talking about the sexualised marketing of women athletes then arguing about whether SBC can climb. Why not just start a new thread about what you admire about Hazel's climbing and her trip here?

Page 4 of 4. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 73
There are 73 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints