Page 3 of 3. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 47
Author
Sport Climbing to be Prohibited in Tasmanian WHA
One Day Hero
22-Jan-2015
9:48:36 PM
On 22/01/2015 johny wrote:
>Parks (and I guess you and damo) are worried about
>literally a handful of bolts in 1.5 million hectares while abbott and co.
>are just going to chuck the whole state to loggers and eco-tourist billionaires.

Hey, if I found a forum where I could get a rise out of Abbott, I'd be all over it.

sliamese
22-Jan-2015
10:01:23 PM
let's not forget that the only park in tas that prohibits bolts directly is the the Tasman. All the other ones frown on their use but dont specifically say no bolts. This area has got to have one of the highest concentration of bolts across a huge range of the rock features in the area. Even getting muppets on the abc news! (love your work guys!) So I dont think its an issue parks will be pouring a lot of effort in to manage(maybe a ranger checkpoint at the trail-head to check for drills?!).

currently if i was caught placing a bolt in a WHA i don't think the ranger would walk on by smiling as he went, big doo-doo. Say what they will, the (non)issue can continue to be managed by climbers. I do feel some guilt that through parts I've played this is being formally acknowledged in a negative way. No body is going to put a sport route up on frenchman's. Maybe a route the features a lot of bolts, but more in the ratikon flavour of climbing. (think silbergeir). Deeper water at lake huntley (best route in aus by a country mile IMO) is largely bolted but makes one of the best climbing adventures I've had in this glorious state!

ChuckNorris
22-Jan-2015
10:15:56 PM
On 22/01/2015 ambyeok wrote:
>
>Is there any good fishing at Frenchmans?

Speaking of fishing the guys at Gotcha on Magill rd in Adelaide are awesome.

Even though I live in Melbs I treat them as my local fishing shop.

nmonteith
22-Jan-2015
10:28:57 PM
On 22/01/2015 johny wrote:
>I resent the waste of time spent on regulating climbers in Tassie WHA
>by Parks when it is being blown open for logging and massive tourism development
>by the current govt. Parks (and I guess you and damo) are worried about
>literally a handful of bolts in 1.5 million hectares while abbott and co.
>are just going to chuck the whole state to loggers and eco-tourist billionaires.

Ah - I see your point. It's a very good point! Government doing a bit of bait and switch. Distract us with a bolting controversy - meanwhile they are shunting thorough a 5 star resort.

P.s. - Stop grouping me and Damo together! Don't you know we are sworn Chockstone enemies? :-)

rodw
23-Jan-2015
8:07:22 AM
On 22/01/2015 nmonteith wrote:

>P.s. - Stop grouping me and Damo together! Don't you know we are sworn
>Chockstone enemies? :-)

Come to think of it, Ive never seen you two in the same room, and you take away that silly hat of damos you look very much a like.

Duang Daunk
23-Jan-2015
8:53:28 AM
>P.s. - Stop grouping me and Damo together! Don't you know we are sworn Chockstone enemies? :-)

When did Damo take over from Macca?

Macca, how do you feel about this bro?

ambyeok
23-Jan-2015
5:10:12 PM
>(something climbing related)... government doing a bit of bait and switch... (something or rather else which may or may not have been nit-picking and/or climbing related)

Tell me more about this bait?

Page 3 of 3. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 47
There are 47 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints