HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
Nth Gramps work bees/reopening update Sept 2014 12-Aug-2014 At 12:57:46 PM access t cliffcare

The reopening of some of the climbing sites in the Northern Grampians is getting closer with September school holidays looking like the date for a few of them. Contractors have been working on many of the tracks especially in the Summerday Valley region with work on the Stapylton area also starting. It is now time for the climbing community volunteers to pitch in helping to clear and rehab the old tracks, harden and stabilize some of the climbing belay areas as well as some light stonework around the Bark Wall/Summerday area.

I have a couple of dates set for August in which we would like to do the majority of the work and I am wanting some more volunteers. Please drop me a line as soon as possible with your availability. I need to know numbers so I can organize catering

Thursday 21st August. Stapylton area. Meeting at Mt Zero carpark at 9 am. Please wear closed toe boots. Bring water. Food and snacks will be provided for all volunteers

Saturday 23rd August. Summerday Valley and Bark Wall area. Meeting at Hollow Mountain carpark at 9am. Please wear closed toe boots. Bring water. Food and snacks will be provided for all volunteers.

For those who might be looking for a climbing partner, the VCC will be running a Climb and Repair trip on the Saturday that includes the working bee. You are more than welcome to join that - just register your interest for the trip with the trip leader. See here http://www.vicclimb.org.au/location/events

Camping will be at the Plantation campground and no fees will be incurred. As noted, food and snacks will be provided on the work days for all volunteers.

All enquiries to cliffcare@vicclimb.org.au

Cheers,
Tracey

There are 4 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints