Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Author
Training tools
mb21
22-Apr-2014
9:59:39 PM
Looking for people's suggestions on training tools / devices to help keep some strength when can't go climbing as setting up a home climbing wall isn't an option.

I like the idea of Rock ring as there portable (don't need to be be fixed like a hang board) but what do people use or recommend.

Thanks

freesolo
23-Apr-2014
7:17:56 AM
heya, one of the best things i ever bought was a thera-band ? which is a flat piece of elastic tubing. usually near the yoga mats in the shops. i simply grab each end and rotate back over my head (like a triangle with my arms as two legs and the thera band as the third leg). i do this slowly and comfortably forty times every morning. it works all the small muscles in back, neck, shoulders. you can adjust your hands for more tension. it's easy to travel with, do it on airplanes or airports, and you can take it to work and use it on a break there as well. i also use it for various stretching.

JimmyS
23-Apr-2014
7:51:03 AM
Therabands are fantastic.

I use mine all the time. I also use a portable hang board (homemade with small crimps and jugs) just in transit, as I can sling it anywhere and still get some training in.

E. Wells
26-Apr-2014
2:21:05 PM
My tool for consistently cranking out blues and yellows even if the routes are new is called cyclical bacon loading. I eat alot of bacon most of the time. What people that cant climb very impressively probably dont know is that the heavier you are the harder you have to pull. Just take the time and think about it. So I eat alot of bacon and springers generic pringles and often get a few wheels of coles brand brie for usually 3.79 each and just eat em like biscuits which I also eat alot of. I like kingstons but only when they are two dollars which is every second day....and I pull hard every tuesday and thursday between 6.30pm and 9pm solid not much stopping. And then on Saturdays I project at Goats Meat Cave on routes that are pretty close to red, anyhow , eventually if I dont drink any water deliberately for a few days I get violently ill and for the next two weeks I just eat all the boxes of water crackers that I buy with my Brie so when people look in my basket im less self couscous. So I now have all the strength I attained from hypertrophy and have lost the weight and am finally ready to

Duang Daunk
26-Apr-2014
2:55:42 PM
On 26/04/2014 E. Wells wrote:
>im less self couscous.

Go for it bro.
You will get there yet.

There are 5 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints