General Climbing Discussion

Page 3 of 4. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 75
Author
Off topic - The Natimuk Cafe
thenatimukcafe
8-May-2014
1:04:31 PM
Weekends menu:

Smoked Paprika and Lentil Soup, using Kale, Quinoa & Winter vegetables. Served with crusty Dourdough $18 (Veg)

Dukka Lamb cutlets with zucchini and pear salad. Tossed with crumbed fetta, avocado oil and lemon zest $24

Oven baked salmon, spiced cauliflower and fennel. Garnished with pinenuts and flat leafed parsley $24

Creme Brulee. Custard filling with hard toffee crust, served with fresh blueberries $9

Mother's Day Breakfast Special (8.30-3)

Smoked Salmon bagel
French Toast (brioche) with berries, yoghurt and walnut
or bacon with maple syrup

And Doug - sorry to hear the gnocchi wasn't what you expected. Not sure what time you arrived. Possibly you may have been one of the last servings. Always happy to rectify any complaints though - just mention it to us when you are there and we will always see what we can do.

Cheers
thenatimukcafe
15-May-2014
11:35:31 AM
And the lucky winners for this weeks menu are:

Superfood Soup (veg)
Pumpkin, Sweet potato, Coconut and Thai spices. Served with crusty sourdough - $17

Roast Port Belly with crunchy raw Beetroot and Applie salad. Served with potato gratin $24

Freshly made Pasta with braised Lamb neck, peas and rosemary. $22
Reluctant
15-May-2014
2:09:20 PM
So when does the cafe get a box in the sidebar like rock hardware. Sorry I forgot that's for sponsors. Perhaps the national should post their specials as well. Mmmmmm beer.
thenatimukcafe
15-May-2014
2:26:45 PM
On 15/05/2014 Reluctant wrote:
>So when does the cafe get a box in the sidebar like rock hardware. Sorry
>I forgot that's for sponsors. Perhaps the national should post their specials
>as well. Mmmmmm beer.

Hi Reluctant,

Not sure whether the comment is tongue in cheek or if it does bother you that the cafe posts its weekly specials.
Yes, technically it is spam and we thought quite a bit whether we should continue on with what the last two owner and operators started with the weekly cafe post on Chockstone.
I suppose it made sense as the cafe was a long ongoing story/myth about Simey ever opening it. He eventually did and the Chockstone family shared it's journey.
See all the original posts and cafe menu threads. Ours is a new one.

The cafe has a strong climbing connection, it's a meeting place for climbers for rest days, for info and when the weather really craps out. We the owners, are all climbers and hope the cafe stays with a strong climbing connection. But we are more than accepting if the general consensus thinks it is out of order that we post on Chockstone and will cease doing so if this is the case.
Historically there have often been threads that are considered commercial - but they have had close links to climbers and are seen as a benefit.

cheers, the cafe team

IdratherbeclimbingM9
15-May-2014
3:45:24 PM
On 15/05/2014 thenatimukcafe wrote:
>On 15/05/2014 Reluctant wrote:
>>So when does the cafe get a box in the sidebar like rock hardware. Sorry
>>I forgot that's for sponsors. Perhaps the national should post their
>specials as well. Mmmmmm beer.
>
>Hi Reluctant,
>
>Not sure whether the comment is tongue in cheek or if it does bother you
>that the cafe posts its weekly specials.
>Yes, technically it is spam and we thought quite a bit whether we should
>continue on with what the last two owner and operators started with the
>weekly cafe post on Chockstone.
>I suppose it made sense as the cafe was a long ongoing story/myth about
>Simey ever opening it. He eventually did and the Chockstone family shared
>it's journey.
>See all the original posts and cafe menu threads. Ours is a new one.
>
>The cafe has a strong climbing connection, it's a meeting place for climbers
>for rest days, for info and when the weather really craps out. We the owners,
>are all climbers and hope the cafe stays with a strong climbing connection.
>But we are more than accepting if the general consensus thinks it is out
>of order that we post on Chockstone and will cease doing so if this is
>the case.
>Historically there have often been threads that are considered commercial
>- but they have had close links to climbers and are seen as a benefit.
>
>cheers, the cafe team

It is marked as an off topic thread, so I can live with it.
Just a bit miffed that I cannot partake in the offerings from time to time...

Pat
15-May-2014
3:55:37 PM
Food was great when I was there Rod - get on your bike.

shiltz
15-May-2014
4:31:40 PM
Handy tool for weekend planning, especially luring non-climbers to Araps.

Miguel75
15-May-2014
5:16:24 PM
Very tasty Chocolate beet root cake too.

On 15/05/2014 thenatimukcafe wrote:
>...SNIP... Yes, technically it is spam...

So when are Spamburgers on the menu?

IdratherbeclimbingM9
15-May-2014
5:45:37 PM
On 15/05/2014 Miguel75 wrote:
>On 15/05/2014 thenatimukcafe wrote:
>>...SNIP... Yes, technically it is spam...
>
>So when are Spamburgers on the menu?

No spam ever.
;-)

On 15/05/2014 Pat wrote:
>Food was great when I was there Rod - get on your bike.

Sadly (of sorts), my next bike trip is north, rather than wsw...
:(
eddym
6-Jun-2014
8:41:44 PM
Cafe opening hours this weekend? And menu? Book me in for that.

BTW... Posts about Nati cafe are not spam. Nati cafe as anyone who has been there knows is a crucial part of the Nati/Araps climbing community which makes it the perfect thing to post about on this forum. It's a fantastic asset and would be terribly missed if it was gone... again. And everyone knows the guys running the place are not buying his and her Porsches on the revenues. They work pretty damn hard for limited financial reward. To even suggest it is spam is to be a clueless douchebag. Pardon my French. Keep up the great work guys. And keep posting your weekly status.
dalai
7-Jun-2014
7:14:18 PM
I wish them all the best and am fine they post.

But you need to check your French dictionary as regular posting by a business without paying advertising is Spam...

MisterGribble
Online Now
8-Jun-2014
8:44:47 PM
It's pink and it's oval
It comes from Chernobyl
It's Spam,
Yes, Spam !

No, We need to support these people, they are honorary Gribbles and the world needs to know their story.

Post on......

ajfclark
9-Jun-2014
8:04:11 AM
On 7/06/2014 dalai wrote:
>I wish them all the best and am fine they post.
>
>But you need to check your French dictionary as regular posting by a business without paying advertising is Spam...

What about unpaid testimonials?

The lamb chops on Friday night were amazing! The swordfish was good too, but my fiance and I almost drew blood arguing about how to share the third lamb chop... Natimuk Cafe, food so good you'll ruin your chances of getting laid.

nmonteith
9-Jun-2014
8:36:30 AM
As a moderator of this forum I have kind of let this slip under the spam radar as the cafe is a unique offering, without a direct competitor. Unlike retail gear stores that all sell the same products, the cafe is the only one in Nati and doesn't do mail order. They have also kept to this one thread.

Chockstone also allows guidebook authors to plug their products as well. Same situation - unique product.
thenatimukcafe
12-Jun-2014
2:11:14 PM
Thanks everyone for your support. It is really appreciated , be it in real time visits or word about town. Glad you are enjoying the food!

Weekend Dinner menu -

Kidney bean, pumpking and tomato soup

Harissa grilled mackerel with potatoes, zucchini & mint

Pork with cider and apples

Usual breakfast fare every day as well as regular Soups of the Day now that the weather has turned chillier.

Have a great weekend all and maybe see you around :)
thenatimukcafe
3-Jul-2014
6:44:25 PM
Hello one and all,

This weekend, we are bringing to you, straight from 'what's hip and happening' land.....the beloved Slider! Who knows how long it will be hip and happening but one thing's for sure. 'Tis a tasty little morsel. Three taste bud tingling choices -
Pulled pork
Pulled beef
Carrot and Chickpea.

We weren't so happy about the 'little' bit though so there's a good chance that our Sliders will be bigger than average.

We're looking forward to a cruisy winter's weekend. Fire on, chilling out and munching on Sliders.

Cheers
thenatimukcafe
29-Oct-2014
5:08:58 PM
It has been a long time since posting the last menu update but this one is definitely worth posting.

Join us on Saturday, 1st November to add a little Mexican spice to our lives. Day of the Dead (is a Mexican celebration of all those who have passed. It is a joyous celebration and not meant to be sad. The Natimuk Cafe will be serving a Mexican inspired menu across the Cup weekend, with our Saturday evening menu being slightly different in that it will be a Mexican Street food style stall serving a Fajita feast. Definitely a party atmosphere! (Tracey just wants to play dressups!) Check out the poster on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Natimuk-Cafe/125997147447070?ref=hl for details and the menu and opening times below from Friday till Tuesday.

Opening Hours for Cup Weekend

Friday 8.30am-10.30pm
Saturday 8.30am-10.30pm
Sunday 8.30 4.30pm
Monday 8.30am-12.00pm & 6.30pm-10pm
Tuesday 8.30am-12.00pm

MENU
FRI & MON NIGHT DINNER SPECIALS
* Chilli con Carne(beef) - $20

* Chilli sin Carne (mixed bean) - $18

* Chicken Mole - $24
Chicken Maryland braised with chilli, chocolate and tomato

All meals served with Mexican rice pilaf.

SATURDAY NIGHT MEXICAN FIESTA
* Chicken, Beef or Bean Chilli fajitas with your choice of filling - $12

* BBQ Corn Cob in husk served with Jalapeno and lime butter - $5

New additions to the menu are Berry and Banana Smoothies or Breakfast smoothies (added oats)
Empanadas introduced on the menu this weekend are a great crag food. Hearty meal contained in one yummy pocket. We are hoping that these will be popular as a pick up meal for climbers to take for lunch to the crag and may become regular menu items.

Hope to see some of you there. As noted, Saturday night Day of the Dead dressup is not mandatory but certainly encouraged. It's not often you get to paint your face as an adult.

Cheers!
thenatimukcafe
7-Nov-2014
5:26:37 PM
Curries come from all the hot countries in the world so obviously it makes sense to eat a curry on a hot day, or weekend. Millions of people can't be wrong so here we have it - a global fusion of curry kind of weekend.

Indian Cashew nut & pea curry $18

Sri Lankan prawn curry $23

Jamaican lamb curry $21

- all served with cauliflower rice

They have all been taste tested by staff. Delicious I tell you.

Cheers,
The Nati Cafe team

IdratherbeclimbingM9
7-Nov-2014
9:27:49 PM
Hot country and hot day don't necessarily equate to a hot curry.
When you can eat a curry that is liberally laced with cayanne pepper and tabasco sauce without the centre of your forehead shrinking, then it isn't 'hot'.
I speak from experience.

The Tibetian 'hot' curry at the last Australian Climbing Festival conjured by a Tibetian fellow named Tashi, couldn't believe that I came back for a third serving on the first day, and each time had at least triple the serving of his 'hot chilli' sauce (compared to anyone else he had served prior), as an accompanyment, without buying any of his water to dilute it...
He offered me free water on the last serve, and I knocked it back!
I backed it up by buying his produce again on days two and three...

Some would say my taste buds are stuffed.
Heh, heh, heh.

They might be right...

Namaste!
thenatimukcafe
20-Nov-2014
12:33:55 PM
Weekend is nearly here thank goodness! Chef Andy isn't making it easy to decide on what to have for dinner though. The selection this weekend:

Rockling with asian style potato salad

Middle Eastern Chicken with chickpea, herb & fetta salad

Pumpkin & Haloumi burger with a potato & dill salad

And then of course, we always have to decide what super delicious cake to indulge in for afters.

Cheers,

Nati Cafe team

Page 3 of 4. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 75
There are 75 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints